• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

Although possible, I wouldn't say the lack of trainers that spot the player instead of having to talk to them to be an indication of the final game in that respect. The only trainers that could be faced in the demo are important ones/rivals, and from what I can remember, those were always event-based, not based on line of sight.

That said, it would be an interesting change if they made all trainer battles happen by talking to them.

Alternately, if you walk into a trainer's line-of-sight and they ask you for a battle, if you say no you are taken a step back the direction you came -- meaning that you can't proceed past them without battling and defeating them.

2. The characteristic "YES" and "NO" screen is gone, from now on our replies are more sophisticated, like "Yeah!" or "No thanks.".
When the game asks you if you want to talk to the weird guy in a labcoat (not known to be Sycamore yet) it lets you choose either "Yes" or "No". So you probably will still say "Yes" or "No" sometimes.

Replace nearly all of the TM's introduced in BW nearly all of them were incredibly gimmicky or weak.

#1 An evulution of Dunsparce
#2 A new fossil pokemon, rock/fairy would be awsome.

#1 An evulution of Dunsparce

Well I've been thinking, is it possible that the Fossil Pokemon can be a type other than Rock? I feel it'd be a nice touch to the X/Y games, to have some sort of dinosaur Pokemon or anything prehistoric that doesn't necessarily have a rock-typing to it, just for the sake of uniqueness, I suppose. Just a thought. xD;

Well I've been thinking, is it possible that the Fossil Pokemon can be a type other than Rock? I feel it'd be a nice touch to the X/Y games, to have some sort of dinosaur Pokemon or anything prehistoric that doesn't necessarily have a rock-typing to it, just for the sake of uniqueness, I suppose. Just a thought. xD;

Yeah i have always wondered why its always rock but since it has always been rock i figured it will be the same this time. Thats if we even get new fossil pokémon this gen.
But i guess they have always select rock since it has that prehistoric feeling to it.

I say a steel type pokemon from a fossil would do. I'd say fairy sounds a bit odd to me right now.

You never know what were in store for until it happens

Well that sure would be nice to, but i think its more highly it would be fairy. I mean think about it, with fairy they can use cryptid monster themes like Loch Ness (though there is already an Loch Ness aka Lapras). I sure would like a fire fossil, but my instincts tells me that it probably will be fairy.

I want GameFreak to retcon some of the previous Pokemon's shiny colours. Some Pokemon have shiny versions completely different to their original colour, which I quite enjoy. Others, like Pikachu, have shiny versions that are the exact same colour, with only a shade or two difference. It makes me wonder why those Pokemon bother having shiny versions at all. Why did GameFreak want some Pokemon to not look that different at all.

I'd love it if every Pokemon had a different colour for their shiny versions. Shiny Pokemon would be much more exciting and interesting if they had a colour completely different to their original colour.

I just discovered yesterday that what I assumed to be audio glitching in my DS during (non GTS) Negotiations trading wasn't - it was actually Voice Chat. And Voice Chat makes Negotiations trades like 10x easier, since you can literally just ask the other person if they have something. Unfortunately, Negotiations trading itself still needs a more competent set of emoticons/messages, because non-chat trades can be quite frustrating.

On the subject of nicknames, I would like to see the Name Rater more-or-less done away with and you can give your Pokemon a nickname at any time. Remember how in Mystery Dungeon every time a team member evolves you are offered a chance to nickname them? I actually really loved that. In fact, I made it a personal rule....

Last edited:
i have some ideas, some that could be implemented, some a little more complicated

-cross breeding could be a little tricky to do, but it would bring a lot a variety to the game (not to mention it has perfect sense) and maybe a little genetic manipulation too
-moves like shell smash were actually represented during the battle after its used rather than just the stat changes.
-more overwolrd interaction with pokemon, like carrying the little ones in your shoulder, or riding others. and implementing flying not only as a fast long distance travel but as a short distance way of moving, or having flying pokemons go get an item up on a hill (or taking you there)
-getting random challengers once in a while after you became champion would be nice
-swimming (maybe energy added to your player? it does seems a little bit wierd he can run and run for hours and not get tired but whatever)
-"another mewtwo" maybe? i mean, team rocket couldn't be the only ones trying to clone mew, surely there is in fact another mewtwo (different than the one we know)
-day care hatching eggs, i cant believe thats not a thing yet
-return of vs seeker, berry growing, gym leaders rematch, battlefrontier AND PWT (i like them both, i'd love having them in the game), black tower-like place, some rematchable trainers (like E4) that keep increasing their levels after each rematch up to 100 and having more than only 6 pokemon (not at the same time, but so they not use the same 6 every battle)
-more little sidequest that get you rare pokemon (like the spiritbomb "quest", but more enjoyable)
-and finally...if they could make an alternate way to deal with trade evolutions, that'd be great

-getting random challengers once in a while after you became champion would be nice
"Title defense" challenges, in a sense?

-day care hatching eggs, i cant believe thats not a thing yet
Just one problem with that, when the egg hatches the nearest person gets imprinted on them as their owner. Or, alternately, since it's the initial Pokeball catch that registers the trainer . . . they keep it at the Daycare and you're prompted for a Poké Ball to put it in. As with current handling of Eggs, you can't take your other Pokemon back from Daycare until you've dealt with the baby.

-return of vs seeker, berry growing, gym leaders rematch, battlefrontier AND PWT (i like them both, i'd love having them in the game), black tower-like place, some rematchable trainers (like E4) that keep increasing their levels after each rematch up to 100 and having more than only 6 pokemon (not at the same time, but so they not use the same 6 every battle)
Berry farming is a must. Preferably with the DW yields (easy to get 5 berries at a time after planting one).

-and finally...if they could make an alternate way to deal with trade evolutions, that'd be great
Gen IV (and V?) has the GTS glitch where if you deposit a Pokemon on the GTS and then retrieve it some time later, it can trigger a trade evolution even though it's not supposed to.

Oh, another thing that would be really nice is if you talk to the Daycare person while your Pokemon are in there and they say how your Pokemon has levelled up, if that's a level that the Pokemon learns a new move they should ask you which move the Pokemon should forget. Sure, we have the Move Relearner for lost level-up moves but bred moves are another story.

Last edited:
not necessarily "title defense", though that could be something too,but i meant just a battle for the sake of battling the champion, like when ash meets alder, or jasmine meets flint.

Gen IV (and V?) has the GTS glitch where if you deposit a Pokemon on the GTS and then retrieve it some time later, it can trigger a trade evolution even though it's not supposed to.

yeah im aware of the glitch, but i meant something more like an NPC that maybe helps you trading your pokemons back and forth so they evolve, maybe in exchange of a rare item, like the move tutors. i know that's not the point of the game, but it would be nice to have that.

Oh, another thing that would be really nice is if you talk to the Daycare person while your Pokemon are in there and they say how your Pokemon has levelled up, if that's a level that the Pokemon learns a new move they should ask you which move the Pokemon should forget. Sure, we have the Move Relearner for lost level-up moves but bred moves are another story.

GF, do that now ^

I would like to see either

rock/fairy and rock/dragon(this is unlikely, since i feel it would be marginalizing the dragon type maybe TOO much)

or

rock/fairy and rock/dark

for fossils. all are unique types (i think) and both have a rivalry(theoretically) and could be based on a pokemon of 'mythos' a legend now who was once rumored to exist.

Rock/Dark isn't entirely unique, Tyranitar has that typing. 4x Fighting weakness for the ... win?

Id choose Mega stones and I want from these games are all the moves new of course and it would be cool to use them at all times.

i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

89666.jpg

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

so discuss, what do you think of this idea, is it too complicated or???

i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

89666.jpg

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

so discuss, what do you think of this idea, is it too complicated or???

I think that would be cool, but without the run option. Currently, the run equation is based off of your pokemon in battle, so that wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom