• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

They could just base the run equation off the first Pokemon in your party. That way you could put a fast Pokemon out front but keep it out of battles if you were, say, focusing on another Pokemon's experience while EV training it.

Rather than "launching", though, it'd be better to set it up so you just select the Pokemon you want with a tap, like you do when switching (so there'd be a "send out/summary/check moves" screen too).

Honestly that would be more trouble than it'd save. I don't think the trainer throwing out a pokemon is wasting a whole lot of time. I just don't pay attention for about a second or two and my pokemon's already there. And I really don't see them getting rid of the whole sending out the first thing in your party. It's just one extra little element of strategy to pay attention to what's leading your party. And with certain abilities working in the field dependent upon the pokemon you have first, I don't think they'll change things up.

i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

89666.jpg

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

so discuss, what do you think of this idea, is it too complicated or???
I think I had a similar idea, but with some minor changes:
There will be a slot at the top where you have to drag the Pokémon, and the Pokémon itself will be displayed rather than a Pokéball.

The first part is primarily to accommodate for Double, Triple, and Rotation battles. It'll let you have different starting setups depending on what kind of battle it is(you might want to send out different Pokémon for Doubles as opposed for Singles), and it'll be easier to tell what slot has what purpose in Triple and Rotation battles(whereas I kept on forgetting whether the first Pokémon on the list was on the left or the main Pokémon in the center).

It's probably already mentioned somewhere, but while I don't seriously expect it, if XY has the ability to make your Trainer character a southpaw, that would be totally epic.

It's probably already mentioned somewhere, but while I don't seriously expect it, if XY has the ability to make your Trainer character a southpaw, that would be totally epic.

would be a neat little section in customization.

on the 'send out or run' scenario... its only a LONG drawn out thing if your poke has an ability that activates automatically (intimidate/drought/crizzle) or the mon is shiny.. or both. otherwise its kinda.. meh. as long as they animations arent as freaking slow as in some generations.

i just thought about this idea.. btw, it's a faster way to escape from wild pokemon... it lets you also send or not send your pokemon you want to use for the battle... (from gen I, we're obbligated to use the first pokemon of the party..) ok, here's the gig... first , see this image

89666.jpg

you meet a wild pokemon, the system lets you run or send a pokemon (you want to choose). but you must launch the "pokeball" using the stylus (it's like launching a pokeball in real life...)

I think that would be cool, but without the run option. Currently, the run equation is based off of your pokemon in battle, so that wouldn't work.

I thought of it too, but why dont we calculate the chance of flee using the number of badge you have,?

89666.jpg
I personally like to grind quite a bit before the first badge. I could have a level 19 Pokemon, but the flee rate would be the same as if I had all level 1 pokemon.

I think that would be cool, but without the run option. Currently, the run equation is based off of your pokemon in battle, so that wouldn't work.

I thought of it too, but why dont we calculate the chance of flee using the number of badge you have,?

For pokemon who have the ability of Keen Eye to never miss no matter what move they use!

For pokemon who have the ability of Keen Eye to never miss no matter what move they use!

that may be a LITTLE over the top. because it is a better version of both no-guard(no drawback like this one has) and compoundeyes(30% is good but its not 'always hit').

i want the game to be challenging. no lucky eggs handed to you so easily, no nurses everywhere, hard mode available from the begining, balanced teams for every gym leader and elite four member rather than a compilation of whatever type they "master"

i would like to see more interesting/challenging gym leader and e4 battles. with our current collection of available pokemon.. you can make an interesting team of every type imaginable.

I want the Pokedex to have a function that says the Pokemon's name, or at least gives the pronunciation in word form, so we won't have to wait until the Pokemon appears in the anime to learn how it's pronounced.

I want the Pokedex to have a function that says the Pokemon's name, or at least gives the pronunciation in word form, so we won't have to wait until the Pokemon appears in the anime to learn how it's pronounced.

Or have the anime screw it up.

Like Totodile. It's supposed to be Tot-O-Dile, for the pun. Not Dorothy's Dog-O-Dile. But the anime kind of killed that joke for good.

Or have the anime screw it up.

Like Totodile. It's supposed to be Tot-O-Dile, for the pun. Not Dorothy's Dog-O-Dile. But the anime kind of killed that joke for good.

Toto-dile always made more sense to me though. I understand it's coming from 'tot' but it sounded better to me to have it be 'toto'. Personally, I don't really want to have an in-game pronouncer, simply because I would still pronounce the names how I think they should be said but I wouldn't be able to use 'I don't watch the show' as an excuse when I say it wrong.

What do you want the creators to bring back in X and Y?

Soo what should the creators take from the older games and put back in X and Y?
Personally I want:
- Secret Bases
- PWT
- GB sounds
- Radios
I feel like there's already a thread for this. If there is please give me a link to it :)

So there's no Key system because apparently the thing that made Masuda want to release two versions after BW isn't important enough for XY.....but considering we have Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y, it would have been nice to have the key system to switch the type of Mewtwonite you had.

I would like them to make a facility where the trainers are nearly impossible to defeat! Sometimes battle frontiers, battle subways etc. Aren't hard enough. A place where it definetly puts your pokemon skills to the test.

And also to make the storyline really long. Sometimes the story leaves you wanting more.

So there's no Key system because apparently the thing that made Masuda want to release two versions after BW isn't important enough for XY.....but considering we have Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y, it would have been nice to have the key system to switch the type of Mewtwonite you had.

It's not? Pity, there's potential for it for things not involving difficulty settings. Like how in BW2 you could switch between Black Skyscraper and White Treehollow. That'd be even more useful for routes and areas where you can actually catch Pokemon, since switching areas could give you access to the other game's version exclusives. For instance, if you switched to the other version's Rt. 4 and Trubbish/Mincinno, Mandibuzz/Braviary, and Huntail/Gorebyss would be switched around as well.

I was honestly thinking more of getting version exclusive legendaries for that system. They want to encourage trades, but really, we're not going to be trading our one-of Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom