• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Pokemon Grey?

jokool

The Coolest!
Reaction score
Thought this would be an interesting topic to talk about.

In every generation, there has been a third game to go along with the previous two (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum). This generation should not be any different.

This thread is about what you'd want to see in the third game for the Unova region, Pokemon Grey Version (note, this name has not been confirmed, but it's the name most likely to be used IMHO).

For me (and probably everyone else), I want to see an alternate form of Kyurem. Also, maybe a better role for the other protagonist that you don't play as (Hilda if you play as Hilbert, and visa versa). Maybe a few more things to do after you've completed the main story line (something like a battle frontier). And (just for the heck of it), something more for the Pokemon Musicals, or, just something different altogether.

Yeah can we not talk about the name so much? People spent hundreds of pages in the Third Version topic just talking about the name.

Anyways, I want Gray to be something more than what Platinum was. Gray shouldn't just be a carbon copy of Platinum. I almost would rather have a sequel to B/W, since there were so many unanswered plot questions in the post-game. But I don't know if Gamefreak would go that far. I'm not sure if a third version would be able to address that.

I also want the walking Pokemon feature to return. Other people probably didn't care for this feature, but I think it could tie in to the general plot of B/W (and possibly Gray).

I'd personally love some damned rematches, and maybe even the return of the VS Seeker. Also, would it kill Game Freak to make the Gyms actually challenging?

Let's see I want:

1. A longer story line.
2. Stronger gym leaders (Looking at you Skyla)
3. More things to do post game. Seriously the 3 towns/cities you visit post game have little to no substance.

That's all for now.

I'd like...

- More things to do post game, definitely! Once I completed the story, I felt limited to what I could do and just ended up trading/breeding for 600 hours...
- Side stories
- The Phone App that lets you track flocks for shiny pokemon? The name escapes me.
- Rematches with all trainers, with stronger Pokemon
- The Inclusion of new Pokemon?

But that's just me!

MOVE TUTORS.

And ones with good moves. The ones in HG/SS were nice, but I don't think the list of moves will be the same as last Gen. So move tutors with good moves.

Also, to have pokemon following you again. I really love HG/SS and that is one of the reasons why. It's cool to see your team following you around. Especially when they level-up and evolve.

Dream World abilities to no longer need a Female with the ability to breed (so Male-only pokemon and genderless can breed their abilities aslong as ONE of the parents has the ability). Just like with egg moves, the male-only and genderless species are being dicked on again and it's annoying to me since I breed all the DW stuff (the DW doesn't work on my PC) and so I can't breed the ones that aren't breedable.

Probably some others, but I can't think of any atm.

Move Tutors.
A better after-game. I got bored within days after completing the storyline. I just ended up trying to fill up the Pokédex and breeding which got a bit boring quite quickly.
A double battle with N against Ghetsis. OK, just kidding, that would never happen.
Side stories.
The protagonist you don't play as to have a better role. At least give them a Lucas/Dawn role in the storyline!
A Battle Frontier.
Pehaps a rematch with Ghetsis after the main storyline.

I would like Move tutors as well and a battle frontier to make things a lot more interesting. The current battle subway is ok, but I would much prefer a battle frontier.

More post game (maybe use Genesect?)

Rematching

FIX THE GTS for God sakes!

Battle Frontier

Have an entire subplot/post game adventure about the underwater ruins and the desert ruins (I don't remember their names)

etc.

Move tutors, additional egg moves, battle frontier, and gym leader rematches are the only things I need in the third version, because it's already happened in the past third versions. However, I am curious on how Kyurem will come into play with the original story as you can't go to the Giant Chasm pre-E4 due to the older Pokemon.

Walking Pokemon.. I loved that HGSS and I was disappointed when it wasn't in BW. I also want more to do after the elite four. Its pretty boring. I don't like musicals, and the Battle Subway is not enough to keep it exciting.

Something a la the Sevii Islands. :la Some extra cool area that could be explored partially in the main game, but you only get the expanded full version after you beat the main game. Maybe it could be accessed via subway?

Walking Pokemon most likely got excluded from BW so they could be a selling gimmick for the third game and/or (if we do get them) remakes. So I don't know why people worry that much about that not making it's return to the franchise. Like moving sprites where to Crystal, Walking Pokemon will most likely be to some future game(s).

Another thing I don't get is this whole "Game Freak make a sequel to BW instead of making the third game the same thing!". What do you guys mean by sequel? What elements would a "sequel" consist of that cannot be added to a third game that has a slightly modified BW storyline?

What I'm hoping/expecting character/story-wise:
-Battle Frontier/Equivalent. Preferably expanding upon the Battle Subway. Frankly the thought of the Subway Masters as members of something along with other people is amusing.
-Expanding upon the mythology and history of Unova. How does Kyurem play into things? What the hell happened 2500-3000 years ago? What is the meaning of the Abyssal Ruins?
-The Harmonias. What has happened to N and Ghetsis? Are they somehow related to ancient Unova royalty? N's upbringing, is he a normal human brought up under wacked circumstances, or if there something more to what he really is?
-The Godesses, Sages and Shadow Triad. PLEASE ELABORATE MORE ON THEM. Why are they there? Why do they do what they do? And also, being able to challenge the sages to battle. It sucks that Plasma has this three sets of fancy people, yet none are challengeable. >=[

Play-wise:
-Rematches. [Allowing Triple Battling the Striaton Brothers and Double Battling Drayden & Iris.]
-Putting that Xtranceiver to actual use. But it being less annoying than the PokeGear and the PokeNav would be HIGHLY appreciated.
-Move Tutors.
-Make the GTS better.
-Ability to get more Unova Dream World ability Pokemon (starters I'm looking at you. o.0)
-Black City and White Forest. Or something that combines the two.
-Adding higher levels than those seen in BW post-game in some areas so the be battled/caught. I personally liked the level boost post game. Making it even harder in some specific areas would be even more fun.

I think that's all...

- Tougher Gym Leaders and rematches against them: They need to pose far more threat; the only one that even came close to giving me trouble was Elesa.

- More post-game stuff: I would love to see a post-game storyline involving the sages, (Who need to be battled before turning themselves in. Each have Elite Four-level teams) the Shadow Traid, Ghetsis, and N.

- Revamped East Unova: It just wasn't much fun to explore. More significant trainers, locations and non-Unova Legendaries would be nice. It could also be the main setting of the post-game storyline I mentioned above.

- A more in-depth Battle Subway: More battle facilities, like the Frontier/Park had, plus lines for Triple and rotation battles. But most importantly, no more annoying win-streak system.

- Return of the Little Cup: More battle options is never a bad thing, right?

- Return of the Pokeathlon: Easily my favourite side-quest. Way better than the awful and simplistic Musicals.

- Pokemon follow you again: Not a totally necessary feature, but it's the little things about games that add up and make it a richer experience. I'd love to see it return.

Last edited:
We need:
Vs. Seeker return. A must, honestly.
Battle Frontier upgrade, which would be bucking the trend if it was not done.
Ball capsule return! How much fun was that?
Gym leaders with better teams. Maybe the last couple having four Pokemon, showing some progress perhaps? Gym puzzles were fine, but the leaders were lacking.

And no, we can't have Pokemon outside of their balls. That would totally defeat the contrast set up between N and the player. That is one of the polarizing characteristics of N's ideals vs. yours. He even personally states Pokemon shouldn't really be inside of Pokeballs (and it's only a game mechanic that he sends his Pokemon out via balls, not reality), and so you must oppose him on this, following convention and proving its morality is valid. Sorry, but walking Pokemon would muddy the waters and wreck a philosophical viewpoint.

-Gym Leader rematches
-Walking Pokemon
-Move tutors and expanded movepools
-A more fleshed out story
-A big buff for Kyurem.

What I'd like...

1. More post-game stuff to do regarding Team Plasma.
After the Team Plasma arc, the only thing we ever do that's related to Team Plasma is go around searching for the Sages, and even that is over when they're all arrested. Of course, according to what Looker said, N was spotted in another region, so he's probably going to be in the next generation (hopefully). The rest of Team Plasma should have been scattered, and Gray would be better with mini-quests regarding the rest of Team Plasma. For instance, what happened to the goddesses? They didn't just evaporate, did they? It would be nice if we could get involved with them, maybe some secret quests about N's childhood. There was a time-warping event with Celebi in HGSS, so why not BW? Also, the Shadow Triad - a three-on-three battle with them would be fun - and finding out whether or not they're the Striaton triplets!! XDD

And personally, I'd love a rematch with Ghetsis. :)

2. Balanced levels in post-game
...Seriously, the average level of my team was around 50 (Reshiram being the highest with 52), and suddenly, the first trainer I meet in the post-game has a level 68 team. WTF?? COME ON!! That's outrageous. I had to use so many potions on the way to the villa where Cynthia stays.

3. Gym Leader Rematches
Not just the girls, but the boys, too.

4. Restricted use of HM
What I mean is, I liked it better when I HAD to get a gym badge to use an HM. It felt more special - it lived up to it's name being a HIDDEN machine. But up till now, I only used Strength and Fly and Cut. The rest were neglected.

5. More previous Gen-related mentions
Won't it be fun? Why does Cynthia have to appear everywhere, anyway? Why not Lance, and why not Steven? Why not Wallace appear where Musicals are held?

I think my number one Request is cuter sprites. Whenever they do a new type of sprite they always have to have the Pokemon in the most basic position till they get the hang of it. Now I want some interest please. Some awesome experiments, because BW was forgettable.

I actually would prefer more Game and Post game. The storyline is so one directional. You literally are following one path the entire game. I always loved when you weaved all around the map.

I want Pre Gen 5 Pokemon to be capturable before the Elite Four.

I think they should make Anville Town into a Battle Frontier.

Plasma admins, or at least some kind of Plasma minibosses (Shadow Triad battles would be a nice substitute, and a good excuse for Triple battles).

Better integrated Triple/Rotation battles, and more of them. Some groups of trainers should be arranged so that three can challenge you at once, similar to how two separate trainers could challenge you in Emerald and initiate a double battle.

I'd love a drastically different storyline from the vanilla games. Perhaps where the region has already partially succumbed to Plasma's influence at the beginning, and they have supporters everywhere instead of being viewed as radical extremists. IDK

Eastern Unova felt like a pre-Beta region in the paired games. I'd like to see the player character actually have a real reason to go there, for some kind of plot relevant event besides the fairly pointless and unsatisfactory Sage chase. This in combination with a vastly upgraded Battle Subway and better minigames would help give the game post-game value that the originals lacked.

Sort out the mess that is Black City and White forest. Seriously, the timed desertion thing is like the worst game mechanic ever.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom