• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Pokemon Red and Blue/Gold and Silver eShop release?

Fudgenuggets

H...a...p...p...y
Reaction score
You know it's going to happen. Some of the best-selling classics out there. Why not release them in the eShop? :p
If Red and Blue or Gold and Silver were released in the eShop for the 3DS, what kind of stuff do you want to see in them?

The only thing I would change would be fixing the glitches that could screw up your game and making it so that you could trade with others through wireless communication. Other than that, I would keep them completely untouched and release them for the Virtual Console. Or even better, make them 3D Classics. :D

Now to wait for all the nostalgia fans to take over... xD

I would get Silver to 3DS, because then I know there won't be any problems with the save file. Older games I already play on my Game Boy, so I would only download them to 3DS for the sake of trade. If they released the games again, I wish the games could be compatible with the new ones, but I know this must be very hard to fix because of the differences in them. Still, I hope that if the old games are released and people get them from the eshop, that many play them so I can find someone to trade and battle with as in the old days. I've heard people stopped playing Pocket Monsters because they think only Crystal and previous are good. If these games are available again, and enough people play them, then I think some people who quit will start playing Pokemon again.

That would be awesome. I only played Gen IV and V. I'd love to play some earlier games.

I would want glitches to be fixed...the ability to get mew without hacking or event...and the ability to trade with other eShop Pokemon red/blue/gold/silver ONLY. I wouldn't mind crystal or yellow either. Or a trading card game one.

I doubt they will be able to fix all the glitches; sounds like an awful lot of work. What I would like to see though, is the games slightly re-programmed to allow for multiplayer via the 3DS' Wireless capabilities (I'm pretty sure that reason was why a Pokémon game wasn't a GBA Ambassador title...then again, Mario Kart Super Circuit was released with the multiplayer made unable to work....).

I would personally love to have Blue and Crystal released, since those were my Gen I and II games of choice. It would be great it they made it easy to have the multiplayer, especially since you can't get certain pokemon without trading. It would also be interesting if they had a way to trade between two titles that were downloaded to the same 3DS, perhaps in migration style, but I'm sure they won't do that!

Realistically?

Super Game Boy palettes for first gen, please. I mean, WHY didn't the Game Boy Color nor Game Boy Advance support them?! (Yellow doesn't count, as Yellow did have a GBC compatible palette)

What would I want, a "music room" of sorts with all the music from both games in its original format. Because chiptunes are cool. Also of course multiplayer, but I am sure such a re-release wouldn't happen without multiplayer to begin with.

I would love to see them in e-Shop, as I would much prefer to play Pokemon Yellow on a 3DS instead of my old GameBoy Color. I would like to see the same wireless communication features we have today installed on the games and of course all bugs fixed.

I would also like to see an option to transfer Pokemon to B/W and have a special location/ribbon on the Pokemon transfered to tell they came from the old Gen 1 games :D

I want a few simple things added to the original games, fix all the glitches they can, EXCEPT Missingno. Missingno is a legend to many pokémon fans and I want it to destroy my save file on the 3DS, but maybe that's just me :|

Definately being able to trade via wifi, but if they choose to not have the special/physical split then limit trading to just those games. I'd also like the graphics to stay as close to the original as possible, since they look kinda sepia toned when I look at them :D

As everyone else said, multiplayer is a MUST. but does anyone know if any of the Virtual Console or 3D Classic games support multiplayer?

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want the glitches fixed? I feel like they're a part of the game...

Am I the only one who DOESN'T want the glitches fixed? I feel like they're a part of the game...

Trust me, you aren't. It is like in music, some people like the "scratchy" sounds of vinyl records over the cleaner digital releases when listening to old music (such as The Beatles music) since the scratchy sound was the part of the original release

I don't care if they leave the old glitches, as long as the porting (and adding the must have multiplayer/trading) doesn't add too many new ones

Trust me, you aren't. It is like in music, some people like the "scratchy" sounds of vinyl records over the cleaner digital releases when listening to old music (such as The Beatles music) since the scratchy sound was the part of the original release

I don't care if they leave the old glitches, as long as the porting (and adding the must have multiplayer/trading) doesn't add too many new ones

Ha! That's funny, I am totally one of those people.. I guess I'm more for nostalgia. But you make a very, very good point. What would happen if someone, for example, tried to trade their LM4 over to someone else, or even to their DS game. It could put their data in jeopardy (which would no doubt be a disaster for Nintendo) Then again, they may just become the corresponding G/S/C Pokemon, though I hardly believe they'd want that happening either. That brings to mind all kinds of "ZOMG YOU CAN CATCH HO-OH in R/B/Y!!!" scenarios. Again, totally undesirable.

The more I think about it, the more I realize leaving the glitches in would be totally impractical. :(

But I also can't imagine playing Gen I games without seeing my buddy Missingno. It would just feel incomplete to me. Perhaps they could include it as an Easter egg of sorts? It's practically a staple of the game.

If they could fix the games up enough it'd be cool. It'd also be really cool if they could implement some of the myths from Gen 1. Mew under the truck and Missingo should be part of the game ^^

Maybe Nintendo can try to put some form of the GTS or PCC in RBY and GS. In Crystal, add in the PCC to the international releases to use the 3DS's wireless features. That would be sweet.

Maybe Nintendo can try to put some form of the GTS or PCC in RBY and GS. In Crystal, add in the PCC to the international releases to use the 3DS's wireless features. That would be sweet.

I would also support this idea as long as a more reliable hack checking system is implemented.

It would also be interesting to see how (and if) Game Freak were to acknowledge the glitch pokemon. Maybe have it turn into an egg when traded to other generations? Not a bad egg, mind you.

I would also support this idea as long as a more reliable hack checking system is implemented.

It would also be interesting to see how (and if) Game Freak were to acknowledge the glitch pokemon. Maybe have it turn into an egg when traded to other generations? Not a bad egg, mind you.

Well, maybe it could become a shiny Celebi. :p

If there was a porting system, then that would become a problem. Maybe the glitch Pokémon could not be ported to Black(2) and White(2), like how Pokémon with HM moves can not be ported to Gen IV and V.

I'll also agree that the only special thing I'd like to see is palletes. 3DS's GameBoy emulator typically supports green (simulating the original Game Boy's screens) and black & white pallets. Pokémon games were special in that they would look different based on what system they were played in; Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket/Light, Game Boy Color, Super Game Boy/Stadium through transfer pack. I'd like all of those options to be available on the eShop release; if they could also through the traditional SGB/Stadium backgrounds, it would be a sweet extra!

As for the glitches, they'd better off not remove the really iconic ones. Missingno is an unbreakable element the games had, and to attempt to convey the original experience without it would be a big compromise.

If anything I'd like to see the old glitches to stay in Red/Blue games. I think it's part of the charm of these games, and it shouldn't be thrown away. if anything, you can choose to not use those with extreme benefits (e.g. Missigno. old man glitch) and I think that some like the mew glitch is just awesome.
I'd also like to see a Stadium game for 3DS to go with those, with the same import/export as in the older ones. (Think of how Pokemon Stadium 3DS would be amazing!)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom