• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you write?

Amaura

Reaction score
Um. Hi, fellow authors.
It's weird, since I'm a writer and I barely ever hang around this spot in the forums o.e
But anyway, I was wondering, what do you guys all like to write? Besides pokemon fanfiction, of course! :-D
I typically write original novels. Action is my favorite genre, but I've tried writing pretty much everything and practically all of my stuff has some degree of romance in it. Because I love romance and can't help stuffing at least a little in there.
I also write poetry occasionally, only when inspiration strikes.

I'm currently working on an original novel. To be exact, I finished it awhile ago and am currently editing it before seeking a literary agent to hopefully represent it. As for the genre of my original novel, it's kind of a fantasy-action thing. Although I do have plans to dabble in other genres as I (hopefully) develop a career; the detective genre will probably be my next work and a couple of short stories I've written/am working on have very different genres (some are slice of life, others are more Fairy Tale-esque). Basically, I write in a varying degree of genres.

Other than that, I write news articles for a friend's Nintendo website, and the occasional news article for BulbaNews. I rarely dabble in poetry, I only really do it as a way of "releasing" a particular feeling I have.

Outside of fanfiction (and even inside it, really) I like to write science fantasy, preferably with a good bit of action in there as well to aid with keeping it interesting. I'm not one for romance or the power of friendship, so my stories are largely plot-driven rather than character-driven. I like writing badass characters and Action Girls, and I love writing villains who really aren't that villainous at all - whether it's because they're comic relief a la the TRio or whether they just have a really grey morality that isn't actually that different from the hero's.

Other than writing about Pokemon (my fav), I like to write about detective and mythology (Pokemon and real world) related stories, plus I add some humor through out my stories (or try to). A slight touch of romance between main characters always adds spice to the stories (sorry for sounding like Cilan). I have noticed that later in my writing hobby, I started to use more graphic and gory details in detective novels. Currently, I am working on a fanfic that is Pokemon mythology related story.

I write sci-fantsay novels for, mainly preteen girls. I have quite the imagination, and have decided to put it to good use. my books have everything a young girl could want to read about. Blood, gore, a girl with a bow, and of course, dragons! check me out some time. book one, Way of Snow. xelion.webs.com look forward to hearing from you!

Fantasy, science fiction, poems, and just about any kind of fictions you can ever imagine. Most of my fictions are derived from video games, and altered to a varying degree.

i write mostly action, romance, and drama stories. i'm not that much of a fan-fiction writer as i used to be because i have since gotten bored of the fandom. i prefer my own original ideas. most of these ideas contain a sort of fantasy kind of twist in them. i really don't know what to call it, but i guess religious in a way?

I've tried Pokemon Fanfiction. I stink at it (besides my nuzlocke, but I don't know if scripts count after ya draw them out). I prefer my own original ideas, though only a few see the light of day on paper. So far, I'm writing my novel/NaNoWriMo project ('coz it's spanned way before this, I'm just tryin' to use it as a way to get off my lazy butt.), but it's only on chapter 3/4 (almost done).

I am considering writing two possible Pokemon fics.

One will be titled Mad Windie, and it will be set in the history of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world. Important characters will be the Torkoal that lives at the Hot Spring in PMD2, and the 'it's gusting hard!' wind that can appear in dungeons if you take too long on one floor.

Another is a history fic of the main series world, but set in a different region of my own making, and filled with my self-made pokemon. It would explain the creation of Spiritomb, and lead into a whole series of fics, with the next being a story of Giovanni's youth. I've been trying to think of a name for both the series and the individual fics.

Fantasy, where else can you make dragons talk, people fly, and magic possible. Oh and Romance mixed up in all the fantasy.

I'm usually one for big ideas, and I tend to come up with all sorts of fiction ideas. for Bleach, a foreign soul society in America, or a crossover with BlazBlue where Ragna the Bloodedge and Ichigo switch places; or for Yugioh, a telling of WC2011 with a twist that the main character's from the spirit world... unfortunately, while i can get a good beginning dealt with, it's the structure in the middle that kills me, as I have little to none made.

my writing style will lean towards dark and edgy(maybe even post-apocalyptic), often times with either a hero with the "power of friendship" to help him survive... or an inner demon that, while providing a powerful super mode of sorts, can and will go berserk if given a temptation. the latter hero tends to be mostly isolated and it takes a lot to get him to warm up.

unfortunately, my lack of structure grows frustrating with this starfox story I'm brainstorming... I got the characters, I got the setting and overall summary, I just can't seem to fill the story with the details and forge the plot completely... *sigh*:sweat:

in fact, my Pokemon fanfiction's really the only thing I'm able to write with some flow...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom