• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do your parents/siblings think about Pokemon?

My mom loves the games as much as I do. We always trade together to get complete dexes (well, as much as we can without the unavailable events anyway), and we even make Poffins together! We're both getting HGSS when it comes out so we can play it. XD We live in different states now, so wi-fi is a blessing.

My sister just accepts it. She neither dislikes or likes it. She played Blue with me when we were kids, but it wasn't her style, I suppose. I guess I have a uh, special family!

Sister: Pokemon is shit and for babies.
Dad: LOL THAT ONE LOOKS HILARIOUS
Mom: wat

But a ton of my irl friends actually play too now, so of course my sister is changing her views to fit in. >:|

Okay, I tried this on my mother today to see if she was still somewhat into it.

Me: Pikachu
Mom: Yeah, Pikachu. What's your point
Me: Togepi
Mom: Um... the egg?
Me: Torchic
Mom: What's that?
Me: Piplup
Mom: Austin, stop making up pokemon.

My sisters still like the games, but hey, they're still kids. I kinda enjoy it, and am waiting patiently for HGSS to come out...

My parents seem to think I'm obsessed.

Mom - I'm more into puzzle games.
I bet it's Tetris.

Both of them think it's childish and that I should move on to more adult things. The others don't care.

My parents don't really care about it
My brother likes it esspecially the anime

My mum used to try to take an interest and play my game when i was asleep lol. And when i woke up i got a surprise to find that some of my pokemon were lv 100 haha. :D

My brother loves it.
My dad is cool about it(because he buys us Pokemon stuff).
My Mum is indifferent about it unless we are talking about it at the dinner table,Which she dislikes.
My Stepsisters hate it
My half brother is too young to understand it.

My parents always say it's cute. And my friends think it's too childish for my age.

my dad thinks it's lame.
my mom thinks it's lame and annoying, especially when i used to play near her, with the volume so loud.
my brother thinks "why don't you play grand theft auto or something".

My parents are pretty indifferent about it, although my dad did ask me once if I was too old to be playing it. I then pointed out the fact he watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers in the 80's and he pretty much stopped saying anything about it. XD

It seems like everyone in my family thinks Pokemon is childish and I'm childish for liking it. My brother, on the other hand, doesn't care. He's rather indifferent. I guess it's because he liked Pokemon when he was younger.

Mom - Says it's a waste of time
Dad - "What the hell is this?"
Sister #1 - Likes it
Sister #2 - Hates it
Sister #3 - Loves it
Sister #4 - Doesn't even know what it is
Brother - Somewhat, likes it

My dad thinks it's a waste of money...but that's what he thinks about almost everything xD
I don't know about my brother, I think he was too old already when the pokemon hype started...
My mom just lets me do whatever I want and I'm actually teaching her how to play it! She wanted it herself and only Emerald because she likes the old graphics. It's a lot of fun, because she isn't very good at it xD

Mom: I keep having to go back to the Pokemon Center, because all those wild pokemon keep attacking me!
Me: Mom, you do know there is a 'run' button?
Mom:....what?!

My mom/dad does not care and my sister says "is a babies program" or "stop with the baby stuff" but I keep asking her, what baby watches pokemon? and I tell her other people play pokemon games/ watch anime and are around my age and she says they must be pretty sad to do so, so I am ignoring it.

my parents despise it, my brother mocks me for it (younger), and my older brother has no time for it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom