• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does a Pokeball look like on the inside?

brightjules

Reaction score
Seriously...Is a Pokeball like a little park for the pokemon? Or does it just hold it and keep it asleep or something? Don't redirect me to the wiki, i've read it.

Don't worry, it's a perfectly nice place for a Pokemon. There's a huge water park and a self-serve bar and everything.

I imagine they just sleep in there. Explains why pokemon are so excited, and sometimes stretch before attacking when sent out.

Depends on the canon...in the game it's never explain as far as I can remember how it is inside...in the anime it's clearly seen that there are some pannels and stuff and pokés turn into beams to get in but they are still fully aware of what's going on outside...in the manga PokéSpe the Pokémon can be seen inside the Pokéballs and they're fully awake and aware, they just get smaller to fit in.

I think itll look like heaven maybe with waterfalls and swings and stuff for them to play with if they were able to rest and be healthy...

In the manga, I believe it shows that they just curl up and sleep in them... so I assume theres nothing too fancy.

Wow.. I always thought Pokeball just looks like ball from outside and inside.. XD

In the end of an early episode, the one where Misty catches her Psyduck, for a split second, at the very end, you can see Psyduck in a blue circle with nothing but darkness around it. So it could mean that they are fully aware of themselves in there, but they can also be bored to the f#cking max.

In the end of an early episode, the one where Misty catches her Psyduck, for a split second, at the very end, you can see Psyduck in a blue circle with nothing but darkness around it. So it could mean that they are fully aware of themselves in there, but they can also be bored to the f#cking max.

Ugh, that would blow...I prefer the self-serve bar explanation.

It would make sense that they are aware of everything that is going on... but yeah I think they just either sleep, or just sit there. I hope it is comfortable!

You know, I've always thought of the inside as wide open space where the Pokemon could do anything it wants. I don't think it would be comfortable for them if it looked like it did on the outside...I'd be clusterphobic in there!

I've wondered about that too. My guess is that it looks similar to a Pokemon center.

I always thought they were in suspended animation while they were in there, since they're being stored as energy, so they can't see anything anyway. About the psyduck, though...well...it has psychic powers, right? Maybe that's why it was able to be aware of where it was.

On the subject of Pokémon being able to tell what's going on around them while in the Poké Balls, I think that some of the panels in there are one-sided windows.

(And before you ask about the obvious, yes, I am replying to a thread this old.)

Maybe, something like being on the inside of a dome building?

And the balls are like those car windows. You can't see them from the outside, but the pokes inside can see everything happening around. That's why Oshawott can burst out when he wants.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom