• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does Brock do in Cerulean City

I think this was just one of those early first season things the writers did when they were still figuring out the parameters of this world they were creating and how everything worked. Like Ash's Pokedex hinting that he's stupid, or some of the earliest battles not including much in the way of orders from the trainers. The point of sending Brock away temporarily was simply because they wanted Ash to be alone for the battle, and they didn't realize that his mysterious "stuff to do" would be left permanently vague, because he never did that kind of thing again.

Misty's sisters Honestly, if I had to guess, he probably decided to volunteer at a local Pokemon daycare or the Pokemon Center. It'd fit with his whole breeder/doctor aspiration.

He visited the world (in)famous Cerulean City red light district (home to the "Sudsy Mermaids")

Last edited:
I imagine we went Nurse Joy hunting since we never saw the Pokemon Center in this episode.

I had the same question in high school I asked my a couple non nerdy female classmates, and they disagreed one said he was getting laid, the other said he was doing weed. Given Brock's record doing weed sounds more likely.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom