• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

What does ^'s username tell you?

You Satellite
Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find it anywhere else, so here it is. If this thread is already out there, sorry.

Basically, just like all the other types of games like this, you try to guess something about the user above you based on a part of their profile—in this situation, their username. For example:

Wild Zubat said:
There is no user above me.
Pokédexter said:
^ is tired of how many trainers complain about their presence.
Cap-Man said:
^'s gotta catch 'em all.
Axolotl said:
^ wanders through dark hallways, running from ghosts.
As there is no user above me, Bulbagarden's name tells me that it collectively likes animé episode 51.

The Coolest!
Reaction score
^ For some reason, I think of arcade games when I see ^ username. So, ^ likes arcade games?

You Satellite
Reaction score
^ is attempting a rebellion against the government for trying to get rid of the last arcade. *does not know what the hell the above username actually means*

You Satellite
Reaction score
^ likes Final Fantasy and Skies of Arcadia. Now I know.

You Satellite
Reaction score
^ demands that their full name be used in all situations.

reappears in winter
Reaction score
^ ADJECTIVE

an uneven or irregular pulse rate