• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the above human Pokémon character remind you of?

How he somehow serves as the gatekeeper to the cave of origin AND sky pillar, the main domains of ALL 3 members of the Super Ancient Pokémon trio.

Korrina

Lana's trials were probably my favorite because they both had some kind of great surprise element to them. In Sun and Moon, she has you investigate the splashes appearing on Brooklet Hill's lake, "wondering" what could be causing those. After several encounters, you discover the source of those splashes to be Wishiwashi building themselves up to be the totem and Lana was secretly having you do her own trial this entire time. Not only that! This is your second totem of the game and it's a 620 BST behemoth! Let that sink in...

Unlike in Sun and Moon, Lana is very blunt with her trial in the Ultra games. She wants you to find the Wishiwashi causing those splashes. You can find Dewpider splashing as well, but she specifically wanted you to find Wishiwashi. Once you get to the Totem's Den, you see all the Wishiwashi you've found compile themselves to be one big Totem Wishiwashi, only for a Totem Araquanid to come out instead :LOL:, AND it somehow comes out as more difficult than the 620 BST behemoth from before!

Last but not least, she made a joke about having fished a Kyogre. Would've been cool if this were true and we saw her use one.

Emma

In japanese, Emma's name is "Matière" (matter) and her alter ego Essentia is "Esprit" (spirit, mind). This got me thinking that might be a reference to Schrödinger's book "Mind and Matter". In addition to this, Emma's main partner Pokémon is Espurr, a cat Pokémon, and Schrödinger is famous for the Schrödinger cat experiment.

Bill

The freaky incident where he was turned into a Pokemon. I do not feel like the canon lore really needed that...

Winona

I am reminded of the elegance of the wind and the swaying of a ballet with a waltz like the comet observatory or Shostakovich Waltz no. 2

I’m also reminded of Wallace since her and Wallace are somewhat/quite shippable

I’m also reminded of when Sapphire (May) from Pokémon adventures battled her and then asking Winona to be her mentor.

Brawly

He did train alongside Bruno in the Sevault Canyon but they never interacted in the games. Especially PWT missed the chance to have them as interactable NPCs in the main building, we could have seen nice groups just hanging out together there.

Flannery

I lost to Flannery because I acidentally made the Audino I brought into the game from Pokémon Bank 1 level too high for it to obey me and it disobeyed so much that it let Flannery's Torkoal set up past the point of repair.

Torkoal

How much of a pushover team galactic were in bdsp, also the anime encyclopedia saying he isn't too tough without his pocket protector

ash ketchum

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom