• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the above Pokémon remind you of?

that at the time of its debut it quickly became one of my favorite pokemon. i don't like it to the same extent nowadays, but i held it in VERY high regard - i found its cutesy appearance and behavior coupled with its pseudolegendary status and intimidating mood swings very endearing, and it was probably my second favorite mon behind lucario all those years ago.
...which also reminds me how drastically my tastes have changed, wow. still, though, there's a very definite nostalgia factor to goodra for me, for those reasons... and come on, it's still very cute. its hisuian form as well!
it also has a very lovely shiny. i find it reminiscent of a banana split, which is maybe weird, but... i digress.

to continue the pseudo train, how about kommo-o?

How my Level 53 Ninjask had to dodge multiple Giga Impacts from Steven's Mega Metagross last year in order for me to not get screwed over and needing to redo that fight :jessie:

Garchomp

Everything about this guy is the best, except shiny of course. So fun to use. My second favorite of all time. I have used it in 2/3 of games it’s available in that I played.

Salamemce

I stole Lance's Salamence in Pokémon SoulSilver 11 and a half years ago. I still have that Salamence to this day, in an Alpha Sapphire PC box. It was never used in battle, primarily because I was disappointed by its Timid Nature.

Hydreigon

The one belonging to Ghetsis, and how much of a monster it was for my team to take down when I first faced it. (I'll never forget how it defeated my newly-caught Zekrom with relative ease, and that point was like........well fuck.) Still one of the deadliest final boss Pokemon, right up there with Cynthia's Garchomp in the terror it inspired. Oh, and the other thing that it reminds me of? How much of a pain in the ass it was to get for yourself if you wanted one! Seriously! Zweilous doesn't evolve until fucking level 64, and the highest level you can catch Deino at in Black and White is 39 in Victory Road I think, so that's 25 levels of raising it you have to do at the least, while burdened with the crappy Hustle as their only Ability. (Never mind if you wanna raise one from an egg, yeesh! :oops:)

Dragonite
I stole Lance's Salamence in Pokémon SoulSilver 11 and a half years ago.
You did that too?! Cool! I still have the one I stole too, caught it in a Friend Ball.

Just overall nostalgia of the anime in the earlier days. From it debuting as the first ever giant Pokemon in Mystery at the Lighthouse, to it's appearance in the first movie, to Ash defeating Drake's (Orange Island's) in one of my favorite full battles ever! Also how I can't believe Ash had finally got one (even if it happened in Journeys, which isn't exactly my favorite series but still).

Quilava

Last edited:
I think of how strange and confusing I find the typing change between Skorupi and Drapion (from Poison/Bug to Poison/Dark). I often lose track of what types both Pokémon are.

Tentacruel?

For some reason I always immediately think of its idle battle animation from Stadium 2. It's strangely hypnotic.
tumblr_mpzigq5Y0D1rdogh7o1_400.gif

Barboach?

Back
Top Bottom