• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the Above User's Favorite Pokemon Tell you about them?

^ finds the combination of a miscreant bandit in the desrt, a gharial that simultaneously employs the "Sand is Water" trope, and a loose gangster theme that's pronounced by ocular shapes that bring the impression of shades to be an altogether complementary and appealing visual character.

Galarian Stunfisk.

^ is overjoyed that stunfisk, a pokemon that if it's not being hated it's being ignored, has finally gotten attention, and likes how it looks like a bear trap

toxtricity

Thinks the Galar regional variants are good for some reason?
..do you not? what's wrong with obstagoon..

..do you not? what's wrong with obstagoon..
To be honest, I wish someone else had answered first so you didn't have to read all this...

In my opinion, the Galarian regional variants are attempts to make a Pokémon new and different, but instead it just ends up exactly the same anyway, or so different that it's not even the same Pokémon anymore. Otherwise, they're just lazy excuses for Pokémon.
Perserker looks ugly, Galarian Meowth looks like it could cause sleep paralysis, Galarian Stunfisk is just weird, Galarian Corsola is literally just Corsola but dead, Cursola is both one of the laziest names I've ever seen and just Corsola but with a rock, the Galarian Darumaka line is literally just the Unovan Darumaka line but cold, and you would never guess that Obstagoon evolves from Linoone, aside from the colors (which, might I add, are literally the EXACT SAME for each of the 3 Pokémon in that line).
The same thing goes for many of the other gen 8 Pokémon. While gen 8 is home to a few masterpieces, there were many lazy designs, which include:
-Boltund (it's literally just a yellow dog. At least Lilipup actually had some defining features)
-All of the first-stage starters (they're all just emo teenagers. Except Thwacky, but it's name is still the laziest I've ever seen)
-Orbeetle (it's just a cheap rip-off of Ledian, and I'm tired of pretending it's not)
-And the Greedent line (they're just a bunch of fat squirrels. They even store food in their cheeks like squirrels do).

I'm not saying gen 8 is where the ONLY bad Pokémon are found; there were some bad ones in every generation. However, gen 8 was especially bad.
You can have your own opinion, and that's fine, but I also have my own opinion.

Now, back to what this thread is about.

EDIT: Sorry, I did Obstagoon at first, then I saw you said Toxtricity. Just changed it.
^Toxtricity
Doesn't seem to prefer one key over the other and probably just thinks they're both cool. Probably likes music that involves guitars.

Unovan Darumaka

Last edited:
Concerning how the above user has frequently (and often repeatedly) cited the likes of Infernape, Typhlosion, Darumaka, as among his favorite Pokemon, this user's tastes in Pokemon seem to gravitate towards Fire type Pokemon, if it isn't outright his favorite type in general. Chandelure by itself is perhaps the most popular Ghost Pokemon after the likes of the ever prominent Gengar and Mimikyu, so I'd either chalk up this person's fondness for it out of being relatively mainstream, being purportedly "cooler" than the other inanimate object Pokemon.... or perhaps he just uses Chandelure in Pokken.

Lunatone

^ likes intimidating and somewhat feminine figures.

Miraidon.

Appreciates that one of the two Pokemon line that provided the Water/Bug combination a renaissance is a homage to an obscure species of spider uniquely adapted to traverse in water, but also inverts said distinction by making the Pokemon something that respires in water and conjures the bubble in order to conserve water for it to breathe.

Omastar

Back
Top Bottom