• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does the future hold for Dawn now that DP is winding down?

What does the future hold for Dawn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't say Jesselina won that ribbon before, you said Jessie won all her ribbons fair and square. James won one ribbon indicating that Jessie could not win all her ribbons and therefore since she did not win that ribbon herself is not fair.

IMO, ur logic is flawed. I mean, why would James crossdress, the most he ever did was be given boobs and that episode didn't even air.

Jessalina won that ribbon, no matter who was under the costume.

Jessalina is going to the GF, NOT JESSIE.

SCOTT, JESSIE IS A MAIN CHARACTER, AND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT, BESIDES ASH, TEAM ROCKET HAS BEEN HERE THE MOST AND LONGEST, MAKING THEM THE MOST IMPORTANT RIGHT.

Your not the only one,i encountered many people who speculated how she could promote pokethlon from HGSS considering she appears in games again,and seeing how she is sport oriented person this kind of competition would suit her.

I don't see Pokeathlon beiing continued in V generation. I think that was probably introduced in HGSS to be like Contests.

But they should make something different. Contests are boring now.

Dawn will win GF and leave. They could bring Misty back to show her younger kids. Because I don't think that they are watching older episodes in Internet, or somewhere.

I know once Dawn leaves, this show may fall apart. Dawn is so awesome.

At least, when she leaves, Misty or May will return, didn't the writers say 3 girls was the limit.

The writers specifically said that 3 female protagonists is the limit(although I could be wrong). If Dawn does leave, I expect May to return to the anime. I also do not want a scene with Pikachu and Buneary(I do not want those 2 together!)in Dawn's final Pokemon episode(If Dawn does follow her Contest rivals to a different region). The show will not fall apart when Dawn leaves!

Dawn could "do a May", but the way things have been going lately *Cough
Togekiss
Cough* gives me a gut feeling there will be a twist of some sort.

Most characters get a new Pokemon toward the end of their run. Its no different than Ash's Gible, which will probably get very little screentime now that it'll be dumped for Gen 5.

I can find a lot of reasons that Dawn might possibly stay (although most were already mentioned) despite what some say.

But if Dawn really has to leave Which I hope she doesn't I would like for her to have a good departure scene and for her not to pull a May. I would also like some Pikachu/Buneary before Dawn leaves.

You know, in about five years we are going to be having the same thread in regards to the next generation female lead, right?

You know, in about five years we are going to be having the same thread in regards to the next generation female lead, right?

Maybe they should start rotating the three girls, instead of adding a new female lead, and instead make the new female a rival that shows up in every other episode.

I never liked Dawn or May. Still waiting for Misty's return :p

I never liked Dawn or May. Still waiting for Misty's return :p

Agreed!. Although I would like to see May back too. Bringing them both back would please, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to do that. Shame :(

The run for a female character is about 4-5 years. That's about the same time for a generation in the games.

Well if things continue as is, that's what will happen. It seems like the cameos for old characters has diminished greatly. Anyone notice that back in AG they focused on the older cast via specials and short cameos much more than they do now in DP?

The anime has always been there to help sell the games but it felt like its own show regardless. Now it just feels like an advertisement fest and they don't care about the anime itself enough to want too bring in old faces, even though they don't apply to the game they're trying to sell atm. Feels like 5 or 6 years ago they may have done. I don't think they'll have any problems disposing of Dawn.

I always figured right back when DP started in 2006 that Dawn was probably going to leave once the generation ended. While some people do bring up good points why the writers *might* keep Dawn, I still don't think it will happen.

I just cannot see them using a 4th gen girl and Piplup to advertise the 5th gen anime.

No we're not. In five years, we'll be running the same thread for Dawn because she'll still be around and for Brock's replacement. :Db

Dawn could "do a May", but the way things have been going lately *Cough
Togekiss
Cough* gives me a gut feeling there will be a twist of some sort.

Just curious but how does togekiss have anything to do with any sort of twist?

No we're not. In five years, we'll be running the same thread for Dawn because she'll still be around and for Brock's replacement. :Db

Quoted for truth. Well, minus the replacement for Brock part.

I always figured right back when DP started in 2006 that Dawn was probably going to leave once the generation ended. While some people do bring up good points why the writers *might* keep Dawn, I still don't think it will happen.

I just cannot see them using a 4th gen girl and Piplup to advertise the 5th gen anime.

Well look at misty. She was around for two generations before she became boring. As a matter of fact i really think it would nice to see one girl throughout the series. It worked for Brock it should be able to work for a female protagonist too. The thing is i really don't see a good reason for Dawn to leave. I still see her as the inexperienced coordinator that needs to lean on someone i did when she arrived. The writers can't say
"I want to go pwn mah nub rivals" because the Kenny-Dawn rivalry is not as intense or progressed as May's rivals. I also noticed when viewers lose interest its not necessarily because of the person but because of there Pokemon roster, which makes sense. If Ash was still calling on Bulbasuar, Squirte etc yes it would be very boring, but the bring in a new team and new Pokemon(par pikachu), which we can all agree works better. My point is the writers could just clean Dawn's team and go from there.

I actually had and idea of keeping Dawn for one more season leaving Brock for one(much like orange islands) then bring Brock back and ditch
Dawn? Or group with four? Something needs to give or else we need a new word for predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom