• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does your ideal Pokémon game look like?

Diamond/Pearl remakes in breathtaking 3D, multiple save files, mega evolutions for the Sinnoh starters, and elements from Platinum such as: extended Sinnoh-Dex, Distortion World, Better Gyms etc etc.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
What does your ideal Pokémon game look like?
There would exist two new abilities: one gives immunity to all special attaking moves and has a 2x weaknes to physicall moves and one that gives immunity to all physical attaking moves and has a 2x weakness to special moves.

And where a dragon/ghost skeleton , a sand monster ground/flying, dark/psychic kite exists with the firs kind of ability thas gives immunity to special attacks.
A fairy/ghost centaur , a seaweed crock water/grass and a gas monster poison/electric with the second kind of ability that makes immune to physical attacks.

Plus we would have 6 move slots and could in battle use only 4, but between battles you could use 2 move slots to change moves.

Moves that change between abilities during battle.

2 legendary pokemon couples that interact with eachother in diffrent ways through out the games(in each version). (poison/steel, dark/ghost, fairy/dragon, psychic/electric)

- a vampire, werewolf , mummy and frankenstein motiv for new pseudolegendary pokemon with good new abilities.

Last edited:
Interesting plot - Black / White and ORAS are good examples. Plots that do not remain in the mechanical mode.

No more cliche villain team - perhaps return with something like the rocket team, where they have a more realistic reason to exist, and not preposterous goals like world domination. Get inspiration from real things is interesting. The traffic, mafia , take inspiration from historical leaders or problems that the regionn which the game is based on faces would make a good story.

Rivals – Interesting rivals with different personalities. Rivals with a role in the story, that add something. The XY rivals are examples of what not to do. They're just there. A rivial such as N, Silver or Hugh is the ideal. Not necessarily with these roles, but the same kind of development.

Others characters – An interesting champion. Something that surprises the player. The idea of having Giovanni or an old villain or old character as champion is nice. The professor could be the champion or the villain too. I also want a father rather than the mother at home. Why mother needs to be a housewife? It's sexism . And more involvement of the elite four or the gym leaders in the plot

Customize character and plot - Option to choose diferents sentences as responses, like in the poke star studio, but more elaborate sentences along the game. Depending on the choices you do , some events and cut-scenes and the end are different.

Customize outfit – like in XY

Interaction between Pokemons - can be something added to Pokemon Amie, where a pokemon plays with one another, this can help performance in double battles or trio.

More than one save file.

Possibility to choose the difficulty at the beginning of the game.

Pokemon - regular Pokemon with unique types. No Pokemon fillers. And starters with unique types as well. Moore eevelutions. Cross gen evolutions. And no more than three legendaries.

Graphics - Graphics that looks like Pokemon Battle revolution.

Animated HMS- Being able to use Pokemon for transportation. Able to ride them like XY, view all Pokemon flying like Latios in ORAS. And being able to see all Pokemon using surf, not only Lapras and Sharpedoo.

Walktrhough – More events between the gyms. It can be optional side quests. Or events evolving the plot, the villain team or interations with others characters.

Interesting post game – And a post game that add something to the plot, like Delta Episode. And more exploration.

Trainer-Class Mode: You pick a Trainer class from the beginning. Certain types of Pokémon that class normally uses have a decreased catch-rate and gain 1.5x their normal EXP. All other Pokémon have their catch rates decrease, gain only 1/3 of their normal EXP growth rate, and don't obey you on occasion regardless of how many badges you have. Those other Pokémon also don't gain hearts in Amie, nor have their friendship stat increase.

In addition, you can combine several of these challenges, but some challenge combination has certain rules that override that of the other challenge.

Loved it. Would be really nice to choose the own class.

Last edited:
Rivals – Interesting rivals with different personalities. Rivals with a role in the story, that add something. The XY rivals are examples of what not to do. They're just there. A rivial as N, Silver or Hugh is the ideal. Not necessarily with these roles, but the same kind of development.

Agreed, also, get them properly involved in the plot! Don't just make them tag along around the PC like in XY or inexplicably uninvolved like in RBY. I'm not going to lie, Blue turning up in silph co, battling the player, and then leaving always bothered me. Did he see what was happening there at all?

I think that while Hugh was far from perfect (his plot revolved around someone else's pokemon, etc.) his nature as a character that was neck-deep in the plot is something to emulate in future games.

I'd also like to see following pokemon return, even if it is an unrealistic dream. Yellow was my first game and that was the only unique feature of that game that I truly loved.

No more cliche villain team - perhaps return with something like the rocket team, where they have a more realistic reason to exist, and not preposterous goals like world domination. Get inspiration from real things is interesting. The traffic, mafia , take inspiration from historical leaders or problems that the regionn which the game is based on faces would make a good story.

Realistic? Team Rocket's entire involvement in the plot has been mainly "Step 2: ???, Step 3: Profit", there's no depth to or explanation behind their motives at all.

Realistic? Team Rocket's entire involvement in the plot has been mainly "Step 2: ???, Step 3: Profit", there's no depth to or explanation behind their motives at all.

That's usualy the TRio though, a more mob-like plot is possible with the games since they are based on the Mafia and Yakuza

That's usualy the TRio though, a more mob-like plot is possible with the games since they are based on the Mafia and Yakuza

Emphasis on possible. When in any of the existing games that TR has appeared in have they done anything worthwhile?

Emphasis on possible. When in any of the existing games that TR has appeared in have they done anything worthwhile?

There was taking an entire city hostage for a Master Ball, but then that defeats the reasoning that Team Rocket was "realistic". I would think there would be more low-key ways of stealing a Master Ball (e.g., corporate espionage). Its almost as bad as Team Flare stealing Pokeballs when one grunt's entry fee could have probably covered the cost of all the balls they stole.

something simple plot-wise would be nice. i like the rby plot arc the most even though i feel like it could have been developed a bit more and maybe extended up to cinnabar. i'd like to see team rocket again or a similar team; it doesn't matter, i'd just like one that isn't trying to do something grandiose like alter the landscape of the world or just create an entirely new one. team rocket kept it so much simpler than every group that succeeded them and i like that about them

other than that, interesting new pokemon, lots of backstory for legendaries and salient npc, lots of legendaries with ‘side stories’ as the op calls them, lots of side-tasks, a battle frontier, maybe another region

1. what would you say if once gyms where base on all stat, ability or on battle effects and status conditions like flinching, confusion?
Imagine gyms would be as followed HP, Attack, Sp.Attack, Defense, Sp.Defense, Speed, Ability and the last one would be about Imunities or a combination of them all?
Types are good, but in one region they could have a other kind of system or not?

2. Speed should be used also as a disadvantage(if something is to fast then it should also get a nerf, loose accuracy,damage or something )

3. maybe a Vilian team that tries to rescue the pokemon world from human kind? or one that tries the oposite?
Maybe controled by a Pokemon? or a android?

Last edited:

I said realistic, not the most developed or disciplined team.

I am not a Team Rocket fan. I dont love them, nor hate. I just would like to have another straight criminal team. Without psychotics and megalomaniacs wanting to save or detroy the world. The mafia, the trafficking are good examples to illustrate it, but not the only ones. There is a lot of historical facts or current problems for inspiration.

Anyway, what you said i strongly agree, the Rockets are very little developed. That's a flaw in the plot but the first games were quite bland.
In any case, the other teams have outlandish ideas of world domination. Black/White had a good team, but the sequel returned with the clliche villain wanting to destroy the world for foolish reasons. How many people you ever seen wanting to freeze the world or destroy the world because "humanity is bad"? Well, that's why Team Rocket is the most realistic, though not the most charismatic Team, IMO.

X / Y has the potential to have the best villain, if they had developed well the story, and not let everything happen in the last minute. Lysandre reminds me the villain of "The Sanctuary" by Raymond Khoury. He has the potential to be fantastic. But in the end, he freaked out and turn out being another idiot trying to destroy the world :-/.
X / Y had potential, since the plot try to connect with real issues, but despite the interesting context, there's something that turns off in the storyline, and most characters are bland.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom