• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does your name mean?

Treemo

Ca-va? Ca-va.
Reaction score
Well, since someone else redid one of my old threads from the old days gone by, I figured I'd redo another one of them.

It's simple- What is the meaning of your name? You don't need to list what your name is, just the meaning, origin/meaning, usage, and gender it's associated with.

Here's the sites where you can do so.

For given and middle names: www.behindthename.com

For surnames: http://surnames.behindthename.com/ (Note: Your last name may not be found)

Well, here's mine.

First Name: Morgan
Usage: Welsh, English, and French
Origin/Meaning: "From the Old Welsh masculine name Morcant, which was possibly derived from Welsh mor 'sea' and cant 'circle'. Since the 1980s in America Morgan has been more common for girls than boys, perhaps due to stories of Morgan le Fay."

Middle Name: Carol
Usage: English
Origin/Meaning: "Short form of CAROLINE. It was formerly a masculine name, derived from CAROLUS. The name can also be given in reference to the English vocabulary word which means 'song' or 'hymn'."

Middle Name: Ash
Origin/Meaning: "Short form of ASHLEY. It can also come directly from the English word denoting either the tree or the residue of fire."

Last Name: Tillman
Meaning/Usage: N/A

Simple as that. Like I said, you don't have to list your name, I just chose to. I have a Facebook, so everyone knows my name anyway. This is just suppossed to be a fun thing for people to do. And hey, you learn something about yourself.

And yes, one of my middle names is Ash.

Username or real name?

Or can we do both?

First name: Nathan
Means "Gift from God," which doesn't make sense because I'm an atheist.

Last name: Garrett
Means "Spear" or "Sword," can't remember which...

User name:

White: Reflects which Gen V game I want.

Savior: Fits the stereotype of the aforementioned color.

Giygas: The main boss from a legendary SNES RPG called EarthBound (Mother in Japan.)

Ok I'll tell you my first name.

First Name: Brooke
means a brook or small body of water.

I have a very natural name. lol

AND
User Name: eevee91
means the pokemon eevee and the year 1991.

First Name: Daniel
Usage: English, Hebrew, French, German, Scandanavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portugese, Romanian, Slovene, Croatian, Macedonian, Biblical, Biblical Greek.
Origin: From the Hebrew name Danyyel meaning "God is my judge."

Middle name: Joseph
Usage: English, French, German, Biblical
Origin: From Ioseph, the latin form of Greek Iwano, which was from the Hebrew name Yosef, meaning "He will add."

Last name: Newton
Origin: From a surname which was originally derived from a place meaning "New town."

Wow my first name is used in a lot of languages lol

First Name:
-Daniel
-Hewbrew for 'God is my Judge'

Middle Name(s):
-David
-Hewbrew for 'beloved'
-Andrew
-Greek for 'Man Warrior'

Last Name:
-Shepherd
-Sheep Herder...lulz

First: Matthew
Behind the Name said:

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: MATH-yoo (English) [key]
English form of Ματθαιος (Matthaios), which was a Greek form of the Hebrew name מַתִּתְיָהוּ (Mattityahu) meaning "gift of YAHWEH". Saint Matthew, also called Levi, was one of the twelve apostles. He was a tax collector, and supposedly the author of the first Gospel in the New Testament. As an English name, Matthew has been in use since the Middle Ages.

Middle: Ryan

Behind the Name said:

Usage: Irish, English

Pronounced: RIE-ən [key]
From an Irish surname which was derived from Ó Riain meaning "descendent of Rían". The given name Rían probably means "little king" (from Irish rí "king" combined with a diminutive suffix).

I couldn't find my last name.

User name: PlatinumDude (Pokemon Platinum is one of my favorite video games. I'm also a guy)

First Name: Victoria

Usage: English, Spanish, Romanian, Late Roman

Pronounced: vik-TAWR-ee-ə (English) [key]
Feminine form of VICTORIUS, though later it was regarded as coming directly from Latin victoria meaning "victory". It was borne by a 4th-century saint and martyr from North Africa. Though in use elsewhere in Europe, the name was very rare in the English-speaking world until the 19th century, when Queen Victoria began her long rule of Britain. She was named after her mother, who was of German royalty. Many geographic areas are named after the queen, including an Australian state and a Canadian city.

Middle Name: Lacey

Pronounced: LAY-see [key]
From a surname which was derived from Lassy, the name of a town in Normandy. The name of the town was Gaulish in origin, perhaps deriving from a personal name which was Latinized as Lascius.

Last Name: Harlette
Not found there because I made it myself. ...I think? Last I checked, when googled, I'm the only one to come up. Cause that's what I changed my name to. (...Or will change it to, legally.) It's meaning, well...

Say it out loud and you'll get it. Heheh.

First name:
REBECCA

Usage: English, Italian, Swedish, Biblical, Biblical Latin

Pronounced: rə-BEK-ə (English), re-BEK-kah (Italian) [key]
From the Hebrew name רִבְקָה (Rivqah), possibly meaning "a snare" in Hebrew, or perhaps derived from an Aramaic name. This was the name of the wife of Isaac and the mother of Esau and Jacob in the Old Testament. It came into use as a Christian name after the Protestant Reformation, and it was popular with the Puritans in the 17th century.

Middle name:
ELIZABETH

Usage: English, Biblical

Pronounced: i-LIZ-ə-bəth (English) [key]
From Ελισαβετ (Elisabet), the Greek form of the Hebrew name אֱלִישֶׁבַע ('Elisheva') meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance". The Hebrew form appears in the Old Testament where Elisheba is the wife of Aaron, while the Greek form appears in the New Testament where Elizabeth is the mother of John the Baptist.

Among Christians, this name was originally more common in Eastern Europe. It was borne in the 12th century by Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, a daughter of King Andrew II who used her wealth to help the poor. In medieval England it was occasionally used in honour of the saint, though the form Isabel (from Provençal and Spanish) was more common. It has been very popular in England since the reign of Queen Elizabeth I in the 16th century. Famous modern bearers include the British queen Elizabeth II (1926-) and actress Elizabeth Taylor (1932-).

My last name wasn't in the system :p

First name:

AUDREY

Pronounced: AWD-ree [key]
Medieval diminutive of ÆÐELÞRYÐ. This was the name of a 7th-century saint, a princess of East Anglia who founded a monastery at Ely. It was also borne by a character in Shakespeare's comedy 'As You Like It' (1599). At the end of the Middle Ages the name became rare due to association with the word tawdry (which was derived from St. Audrey, the name of a fair where cheap lace was sold), but it was revived in the 19th century.

Middle name:

RUTH

Usage: English, German, Scandinavian, Biblical, Biblical Latin

Other Scripts: רוּת (Ancient Hebrew)

Pronounced: ROOTH (English), ROOT (German) [key]
From a Hebrew name which was derived from the Hebrew word רְעוּת (re'ut) meaning "friend". This is the name of the central character in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament, a Moabite woman who was the ancestor of King David. As a Christian name, Ruth has been in use since the Protestant Reformation. It became very popular in America following the birth of "Baby" Ruth Cleveland (1891-1904), the daughter of President Grover Cleveland.

Other middle name:

EVELYN

Usage: English, German

Pronounced: EV-ə-lin (English), EV-lin (English) [key]
From an English surname which was derived from the given name AVELINE. In the 17th century when it was first used as a given name it was more common for boys, but it is now regarded as mainly feminine due to association with the related name Evelina.

Couldn't find last name, not very surprising. But its pretty cool my first name is the same as a Saint's!

My name's Kristina-Leigh.

KRISTINA
Usage: Scandinavian, Russian, German, Slovene, Czech, Lithuanian, Serbian, Croatian, English, Bulgarian
Other Scripts: Кристина (Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian)
Pronounced: kris-TEE-nah (German) [key]
Origin: Cognate of CHRISTINA, and a Bulgarian variant of HRISTINA.
Meaning: Follower in Christ.

LEIGH
Pronounced: LEE [key]
Origin: From a surname which was a variant of LEE.
Meaning: Field.

Can't find my surname, but I'm not too surprised about that.

First name: Arif.
Origin: Arabic.
Meaning: ' One who knows ' Knowledge & wise.

First Middle: Omar.
Meaning: Speaker / Long-lived.

Second Middle name: Vehbi.
Meaning: I can't find it so: ???

Surname: Erdogan.
Origin: Turkish.
Meaning: ???

first name:

JASPER
Usage: English, Judeo-Christian Legend
Pronounced: JAS-pər (English) [key]
Means "treasurer" in Persian. This name was traditionally assigned to one of the wise men (also known as the Magi, or three kings) who were said to have visited the newborn Jesus. It has occasionally been used in the English-speaking world since the Middle Ages. The name can also be given in reference to the English word for the gemstone.

Also my name isn't pronounced as they say there, but more like this

J (as the Y in 'yes') A (a bit like the A in 'bargain), S, P, E (sorta like the U in 'surname') R. That's the correct way to pronounce my name.

second name:

JOHANNES
Usage: German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Finnish, Estonian, Late Roman
Pronounced: yo-HAH-nes (German), yo-HAHN-nus (Dutch) [key]
Latin form of Ioannes (see JOHN). The astronomer Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) and the composer Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) are famous bearers of this name.

My last name doesn't appear in the database.

JADE
Usage: English, French
Pronounced: JAYD (English) [key]
From the name of the precious stone that is often used in carvings. It is derived from Spanish (piedra de la) ijada meaning "(stone of the) flank", relating to the belief that jade could cure renal colic. As a given name, it came into general use during the 1970s.

EDIT: I decided to take out my last name. I don't want to be stalked on facebook.

Last edited:
CHELSEA
Pronounced: CHEL-see [key]
From the name of a district in London, originally derived from Old English and meaning "landing place for chalk or limestone". It has been in general use as an English given name since the 1970s.

ZACHARY
Pronounced: ZAK-ə-ree [key]
Usual English form of ZACHARIAS. This form has been in use since the Middle Ages, though it did not become common until after the Protestant Reformation. It was borne by American military commander and president Zachary Taylor (1784-1850).

DANIEL
Usage: English, Hebrew, French, German, Scandinavian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovene, Croatian, Macedonian, Biblical, Biblical Greek
Other Scripts: Даниел (Macedonian), Δανιηλ (Ancient Greek)
Pronounced: DAN-yul (English), dah-nee-EL (Hebrew), dan-YEL (French), DAH-nee-el (German), DAHN-yel (Polish) [key]
From the Hebrew name דָּנִיֵּאל (Daniyyel) meaning "God is my judge". Daniel was a Hebrew prophet whose story is told in the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament. He lived during the Jewish captivity in Babylon, where he served in the court of the king, rising to prominence by interpreting the king's dreams. The book also presents Daniel's four visions of the end of the world.
Due to the popularity of the biblical character, the name came into use in England during the Middle Ages. Though it became rare by the 15th century, it was revived after the Protestant Reformation. Famous bearers of this name include English author Daniel Defoe (1660-1731), Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli (1700-1782), and American frontiersman Daniel Boone (1734-1820).

Morris
Usage: English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
Extra: Statistics
Derived from the given name Maurice.

And since EVERYONE I've ever met IRL brings this up...

Zack Morris
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Zack morris)
Zachary "Zack" Morris is a fictional character from the sitcoms Good Morning, Miss Bliss, Saved by the Bell, and Saved by the Bell: The College Years. He was portrayed by Mark-Paul Gosselaar. Though the character appeared in several different television programs, Gosselaar made a concerted effort to keep the character fundamentally the same through its various incarnations.[1]

-_- Guys... if you don't want to reveal your last names, don't lie and say you can't find them. XD

-_- Guys... if you don't want to reveal your last names, don't lie and say you can't find them. XD

He may not be lying. I've looked up some last names that are in my family tree, so it's not impossible. *Shrugs*

EDIT: Oops, forgot something. What I meant was I've looked up some names in my family tree, and I didn't have any luck finding them.

My real name Is 'Hayley':

In the ancient language of Latin 'Hayley' simply means 'Hero'. In modern English it can be used as a slang word describing some sort of godly figure. If you have any other questions about the name 'Hayley', I'm your woman. I know everything...

Hayley means Heroine, like a woman hero.

Yay! I'm a hero XD

My name is Mitchell, which has no meaning but is derived from Michael:

MICHAEL

Usage: English, German, Czech, Biblical, Biblical Latin

Pronounced: MIE-kəl (English), MI-khah-el (German) [key]
From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Saint Michael was one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom