• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What does your name mean?

My name, Lara, is of Latin origin and can mean either "protection," "famous," or "cheerful."

Mhm, the last one fits. ^^

Grant means 'great or large' in some old Scottish tongue. Ironically, I'm shorter than most of my peers... Not for long, judging by my brother's height.

Mine is Jennifer, so "gift from God", "White Wave", "smooth; white; fair" and "Fair one. It is a variant of the name Guinevere, who was King Arthur's queen."

I can't seem to find a concrete meaning on mine, but "Jodie" has had associations to "grace of god" and "of Judea", iirc.

Randy = a shortened form of the name Randolf, which is composed of the Germanic words rand, meaning "rim (of a shield)" and wulf, meaning "wolf".
Joseph = from the Hebrew name Yosef, meaning "he will add".

My name, Zaki, means pure in Arabic. (There's a similar Biblical name, Zacchaeus, which means the same thing.)

My name has an escandinavian origin, and it means: Covered in Glory.

I like to think that it will become reality in the future.

I go bye two names

katie [[kaytea]]
[[what my family calls me]]

Origin: Celtic/Gaelic
Origin: Pure, Virginal

Kay
[[what my friends call]]

Meaning:Rejoice
Origin: Greek

[[last name]]
Fletcher
Meaning:Arrow Maker
Origin: English

[[Middle name]]
Patricia
meaning:Of Noble Descent
Origin: Latin

"Defender of man."

Sounds nice, but as usual, the name meant more then than it does now.

Crap I could have sworn I was in the username thread haha.

Um, my name means Lovable. :3

Luria
My parents honestly can't remember why I'm named Luria ;-; , but they know it's pretty unique. I've never heard another Luria before, which is weird considering how many variations of of my name exist, like Gloria, Lori, etc.
My mom says it means accomplished. pfff, idk what that means either XD

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom