• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T You Want To See In Gen IX?

Mimikyu isn't even a Pikachu clone.

1. It isn't Electric type
2. It isn't a rodent (As far as we know).
It's still a mimic. Meaning it's a literal Pikachu clone in a sense despite being like a wraith...thing.
The games themselves don't, but pretty much every other arm of the Pokémon franchise has tried forcing it at some point. And like Greninja for me, it's gotten old real fast.
Greninja, outside of being playable in Smash, was really only pandered to for less than 2 generations.

None of these Pokémon are on the same level as like Charizard, Pikachu, or Eevee in terms of pandering by the franchise as a whole.

Regarding Kanto-pandering, I really like how Hisui and now Paldea focus more on Johto-lines; We really see a lot of Johto Pokémon missing from SwSh, and we're finally getting evolutions for a few fan-favourites.

I'm tired of people predicting connections to Kalos, particularly that the crater in the center of the region being caused by the Ultimate Weapon. First off, that's unlikely because it would mean that Mega Evolution would be available in these games, which I believe is unlikely. I actually believe that one of the Japan-based regions was the target of the Ultimate Weapon because I see the Ultimate Weapon as the Pokemon world's equivalent of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also, it comes off as forced and pandering to those who want more Kalos after it was denied a third version. I especially don't want to see Kalos as a post game region.

I'm tired of people predicting connections to Kalos, particularly that the crater in the center of the region being caused by the Ultimate Weapon. First off, that's unlikely because it would mean that Mega Evolution would be available in these games, which I believe is unlikely. I actually believe that one of the Japan-based regions was the target of the Ultimate Weapon because I see the Ultimate Weapon as the Pokemon world's equivalent of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Also, it comes off as forced and pandering to those who want more Kalos after it was denied a third version. I especially don't want to see Kalos as a post game region.
It's been a very long time since we've had big cross-generational references, to begin with. The recent few regions have been pretty focused on themselves.

It's been a very long time since we've had big cross-generational references, to begin with. The recent few regions have been pretty focused on themselves.
SM did, although in that case it was the 20th anniversary so it was different. Some people just have their expectations too high.

A children's game featuring children with smartphones.
Technically, kids in Pokémon games have had cellphones since Gen 2. So I don't understand what the big deal is. Much like real life they just combined everything into one handheld device instead of having a separate Pokedex and communicator.

Regarding Kanto-pandering, I really like how Hisui and now Paldea focus more on Johto-lines; We really see a lot of Johto Pokémon missing from SwSh, and we're finally getting evolutions for a few fan-favourites.
Case in point, Hisuian Typhlosion being Fire/Ghost: super pleasant surprise for me. Before it was stuck with the same base stat total as Charizard so not much to stand out besides not a 4x weakness to Rock type, but now a big difference.

I don’t want the human cast to be only white and japanese people. We must have a multi racial cast! Which we have had for the past few generations, but if we don’t have a big diversity in this generation, I’m going to be massively disappointed.

I don’t want the human cast to be only white and japanese people. We must have a multi racial cast! Which we have had for the past few generations, but if we don’t have a big diversity in this generation, I’m going to be massively disappointed.
...everyone in the game is Spanish. Except for probably Grusha who is most likely Russian.

And haven't we've seen dark skinned NPCs already?

^ Well let’s just hope.

Also nearly forgot my monthly mention of: please make the games extremely easy! I’m actually hoping it to be the easiest in the whole series!

gens 1-4 were based on Japan geographically, but only Johto took after Japan culturally. it wasn't until gen 5 that the setting's culture was actually worked into the games. so it's not really surprising that they didn't feel all that japanese.

gens 1-4 were based on Japan geographically, but only Johto took after Japan culturally. it wasn't until gen 5 that the setting's culture was actually worked into the games. so it's not really surprising that they didn't feel all that japanese.
Really? I thought Hisui took after Japan culturally as well, at least, the historical aspect of the Hokkaido island.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom