• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T You Want To See In Gen IX?

And then on top of that they used the poor reception from that ridiculous implementation as a means to abandon the idea. Like, what went on in their brains to think that this was the way difficulty options HAD to be implemented, that it either had to be this way or not at all? Utterly baffling.
They probably didn’t actually want difficulty settings in the game, but where made to do so by Nintendo. Thus, they locked it behind the key system I order to justify never including them ever again later down the line.

Freaking Eevee because it eats up dex slots as fast as starters. Without Eevee, we could have:
  • 9 non-evolving Pokémon.
  • 3 three-stage Pokémon.
  • 4 two-stage Pokémon and a non-evolving Pokémon.
  • 3 two-stage Pokémon and a three-stage Pokémon line.
  • 1 non-evolving Pokémon and two three-stage branching lines (I.e. Poliwag and Oddish).
  • The Wurmple line and a three-stage branching line.
You get the point...

Another thing I don't want is forced EXP share and 0 post-game until the DLC 4 months later.

Last edited:
B2W2's hard mode was worth playing imo. it added an extra challenge for players who had already beaten the game on normal, similar to hero mode from many zelda games. though easy mode may as well not have existed.
Actually, easy mode is the same difficulty as normal mode, it's just that the developers forgot to put the trainer's stats down along with their levels.

Actually, easy mode is the same difficulty as normal mode, it's just that the developers forgot to put the trainer's stats down along with their levels.
seriously? wow, that's hilariously awful. not that it'll affect anyone's playthrough; the method of accessing easy mode is so dumb it might as well not exist.

Freaking Eevee because it eats up dex slots as fast as starters. Without Eevee, we could have:
  • 9 non-evolving Pokémon
  • 3 three-stage Pokémon
  • 4 two-stage Pokémon and a non-evolving Pokémon
  • 3 two stage Pokémon and a three-stage Pokémon
  • 1 non-evolving Pokémon and two three-stage branching lines (I.e. Poliwag and Oddish).
You get the point...

Another thing I don't want is forced EXP share and 0 post-game until the DLC 4 months later.
dex slots are not a limited commodity. dex size is determined by which pokemon the devs want to include in the game. if they want to add a different family, they don't scrap another family, they just make the dex bigger.

• 9 non-evolving Pokémon
  • 3 three-stage Pokémon
  • 4 two-stage Pokémon and a non-evolving Pokémon
  • 3 two stage Pokémon and a three-stage Pokémon
You get the point...
I just wanna say... I called it! :D
  1. We need to consider Dexit. I think most fans have already reached the "acceptance" stage by now that not every Pokemon is going to be present in future games because the increasing number of creatures (which is curently very close to the 1000 mark, a milestone we could very well reach with this new Generation) makes programming them all just not feasable. Now, one might argue that Dexit should actually make Eevee getting more evolutions even easier due to the free space, but keep in mind that the entire Eevee family already takes up nine slots on the Pokedex, and because they're mascot Pokemon like Pikachu there's a reasonably good chance that the family's inclusion will just be mandatory from now on, so if they were to continue being expanded they'd take up even more space (up to 18 if the whole type chart were to be completed) and thus possibly prevent other older Pokemon from having a spot in a given game. And I'm pretty sure we'd all prefer for as many older Pokemon as possible to make a return.
Eh, I feel like complaints of this nature would happen regardless: like I said before, Eevee getting more evolutions would mean that whole family steadily occupying more and more Pokedex slots, which people definitely could and would see as jeopardizing the chances of old obscure favorites at getting into a given dex. So it's kind of a lose-lose situation there, really.
I'm not justifying that argument by any means. I'm simply pointing out that it'd exist regardless of if Eevee keeps getting evolutions or not. About the only way that Eevee could possibly avoid arguments of this nature being thrown at it is if it turns out that its inclusion in a given dex is not in fact guaranteed. And even then, said arguments would simply be directed towards other high-profile mons with guaranteed dex slots.

TL; DR, complaints over certain Pokemon being percieved as getting priority over others are sadly inevitable.

I mean, I won't mind if the Eevee family isn't in SV despite me loving them; they've gotten plenty of attention and RSE, DP, and BW didn't have the Eevee line and the world didn't explode last I checked, so clearly I'll be fine without them for a few years :p. That said, Eevee's pratically the secondary mascot of the franchise now, so its chances of not being included in SV are fairly low.

I mean, I won't mind if the Eevee family isn't in SV despite me loving them; they've gotten plenty of attention and RSE, DP, and BW didn't have the Eevee line and the world didn't explode last I checked, so clearly I'll be fine without them for a few years :p. That said, Eevee's pratically the secondary mascot of the franchise now, so its chances of not being included in SV are fairly low.
This is why I kinda wanted regional variants of the Eeveelutions, so they don't take up Dex space but we also get the rest of the types for the Eeveelutions for those who want it (I still want a Dragon-Type Eevee dammit!!)

Now which Eeveelution gets which type if they get variants, I don't got a clue.

This is why I kinda wanted regional variants of the Eeveelutions, so they don't take up Dex space but we also get the rest of the types for the Eeveelutions for those who want it (I still want a Dragon-Type Eevee dammit!!)

Now which Eeveelution gets which type if they get variants, I don't got a clue.
I'm admittedly doubtful that the Eevee line would make a lot of sense with regional variants, since those are meant to be mutations for when the "original" forms couldn't adapt to a certain environment, and adaptation is the Eevee line's whole shtick, but maybe I'm being too narrow-minded and there might be a way to believably pull Eevee line regional variants off.

new variants are essentially the same as additional pokemon with regards to how much work it is for the devs to create and animate the models. they would have to add in the base forms too, so they might as well just make entirely new eeveelutions rather than giving new forms to the old ones.

if we do see new eeveelutions, i definitely want a flying type based around winds and such.

dex slots are not a limited commodity. dex size is determined by which pokemon the devs want to include in the game. if they want to add a different family, they don't scrap another family, they just make the dex bigger.
Except that GF likes to have around 300-450 Pokémon in the base game dex for new generations (as of Gen 6), so they'll definitely add in Eevee over other Pokémon that deserve to get in. They won't think twice about chucking other Pokémon out of a game if it means Eevee gets in instead.

Except that GF likes to have around 300-450 Pokémon in the base game dex for new generations (as of Gen 6), so they'll definitely add in Eevee over other Pokémon that deserve to get in. They won't think twice about chucking other Pokémon out of a game if it means Eevee gets in instead.
Implying that isn't the case for literally any Pokemon that gets in over another.

EDIT: I mean, I do understand your concerns. But I don't think there'll be that many Pokemon left out; Gen 8 had less than 30 evolutionary families that failed to make the cut in any of the dexes, so I'm failry hopeful/confident that all of them are gonna get a spot in SV.

Last edited:
Mandatory real-time combat. I hated it in Arceus and it will probably put me off buying any similar game in the future. I'm terrified that this is the future for Pokemon. I love turn-based combat, but sadly, it's a dying breed in the video game world. I don't want to deal with real-time in my favorite series. There are so many other series that real-time lovers can play. The main Pokemon games have always been a turn-based series, and I hope it stays that way.

I'm admittedly doubtful that the Eevee line would make a lot of sense with regional variants, since those are meant to be mutations for when the "original" forms couldn't adapt to a certain environment, and adaptation is the Eevee line's whole shtick, but maybe I'm being too narrow-minded and there might be a way to believably pull Eevee line regional variants off.
Two words: Cara. Liss. ;)

I don’t want a three type gimmick thing

Yeah, triple types could cause a lot of problems in the battling. Imagine if you have a type combination that's weak to the same type, like a Fire/Rock/Ground type. That would take 8 TIMES the damage to Water. Double weaknesses are crippling enough to Pokemon that have them, triple weaknesses would downright break them. On the flip side there might be some combinations that have NO weaknesses because the third type eliminates that weakness (IDK, I can't think of any off the top of my head). It would just make type matchups horribly imbalanced, best stick with dual types and come up with some other gimmick.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom