• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

I was fine with it in BW because Reshiram/Zekrom were the opposing forces to whichever dragon N was using, so it made sense on a thematic level that I would be required to catch it. No excuses for XY, though. No reason I should have to catch Yveltal.
That one actually made sense to me, as we had to wait until the E4 to get our "Destroy everything in its path" box Legend. I'm a little tired of being forced to catch the box Legend right after Gym number 7. That makes things a hair too easy game-wise, as you can use that Legend to blow through whatever. So make us wait for our mascot, GF. That will make me really happy.

Except that they need these "third versions"to improve on the original first pair.

See, when you want to start a new generation, things like the new pokemon, new rdgion new graphics etc... are going to be prioritized over stuff that typically would require a lot of time like a battle frontier.
Following this bit of logic, it's very easy to see why game freak uses later games to showcase new features, extended plots and whatnot for the original pair because "third versions"(regardless, be it a sequel, prequel, vanila third version ect....) require less time to make than their first pair versions counterpart since they use the same engine.

Oh, and if you or any other fan don't like "third versions", then you can just...... not buy them.

I'm hoping they've made some postgame stuff that would have been for Gen 6 and moved it to Gen 7.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that postgame stuff breaks up the sameyness of the games. You know you're getting 8 gyms, Elite 4 and Champion, throw a villain team in there somewhere. Lather rinse repeat. Postgame makes each game more unique.

Except when Hoopa says otherwise and puts them all in the same game.
That is not a good enough reason to overcrowd a game with legendaries, at least for me anyway. I don't want trainer customization, soaring or Dexnav to be in the game. I don't want fusion in the game because Black and White Kyurem are enough in my opinion.

That is not a good enough reason to overcrowd a game with legendaries, at least for me anyway. I don't want trainer customization, soaring or Dexnav to be in the game. I don't want fusion in the game because Black and White Kyurem are enough in my opinion.

Just curious, what do you have against customization?

I'm curious. What were your reasons for disliking Dexnav?

I'm curious. What were your reasons for disliking Dexnav?
The chaining for caves, water and desert was awful. I had trouble chaining pokemon like Trapinch. Unless they improve that feature, I don't really like to see it come back.

I don't see the point of it. Sure you can change what your character wears but that is it. There is no reward or anything.
I mean its just a fun little feature. I see no problem with it at all, its just a fun side thing for people to do if they want. It was completely optional in XY, you dont have to do it but it should be there for those that want it.

The chaining for caves, water and desert was awful. I had trouble chaining pokemon like Trapinch. Unless they improve that feature, I don't really like to see it come back.
Hmmm, fair critique. I too would hope it gets fixed rather than removed

The legendary rush in ΩRαS probably happened because they needed to release all the legends with the Pentagon of Permission - the VGC2016 is all about legendaries (for whatever reason) and since they made the pentagon into such a big deal... I do agree it took quite a lot of impact from the "legendary" aspect though.

Problem is, every gen introduces more legends and that's not gonna change. And even if the official formats did permit Pokémon from previous generations, Game Freak would still need to "rerelease" the legends from the past for people who only recently got into the series.

Either that or MOAR EVENTZ! Everybody loves event distributions, right? Especially the ones that don't make their way out of Japan, right?

As I said earlier, don't blame it on GF, blame it on Hoopa and it's rings. xD

Also, I don't see how are more legendaries a negative thing.

Last edited:
-Amie, Super Training and PSS being 100% recycled or even 50% recycled. They were nice features, but it's a new generation and they must recieve a complete overhaul.
-Zygarde's forms or Ash-Greninja being event-only.
-A demo or a preload. I'd would be angry at Nintendo for letting the hackers discovering ALL the game's secrets due to something that could have been avoided.

Last edited:
I find it makes the game more engaging and adds a sense of realism. Plus, it's a nice feature for players who aren't generic white guys/girls.
Or those of us who don't want to play as a generic white person. I loved being able to choose my own skin tone and even though I'm caucasian, I went with darker skin. Why? It was a nice change. That and darker skinned Serena was just too adorable for words.
Either that or MOAR EVENTZ! Everybody loves event distributions, right? Especially the ones that don't make their way out of Japan, right?
Oh yeah, those are great. *grumble* I'm still bitter that we didn't get Juanita's Golurk for the Victini movie. So let's not have any more of that crap, mmmkay?

Oh yeah, those are great. *grumble* I'm still bitter that we didn't get Juanita's Golurk for the Victini movie. So let's not have any more of that crap, mmmkay?

I'm still mad that we never got the Shiny Genesect or Jirachi. At least Shiny Golurk and Hydreigon can be bred for...

-Amie, Super Training and PSS being 100% recycled or even 50% recycled. They were nice features, but it's a new generation and they must recieve a complete overhaul.

Thisss, it can't be that hard to at least put a new background in Amie and some new balloons in Super Training. I was so disappointed they didn't change a single thing in ORAS.
Also, I don't see how are more legendaries a negative thing.

Well, they kinda lose their "mysterious and rare" thing if you they're just... everywhere. When you meet one you should be awed like "oh damn that's a legendary" but now it's just like "oh...another legendary". They really lose their appeal like this. At least to me.

About customization: in most of the previous games, I played as the boy PC because they wear pants that actually go below your knees. I have nothing against short skirts/pants but it's just not something I would ever wear and therefore playing as the girl PC mostly doesn't appeal to me. But with customization I can wear whatever I want and can finally always play as the girl PC.

I'm also just really into the RP-part of RPG's and for me an important part of that is being able to decide what your character looks like. Again, customization is completely optional, so it's a bit mean to want it gone just because you don't use it...

I'm still mad that we never got the Shiny Genesect or Jirachi. At least Shiny Golurk and Hydreigon can be bred for...
...oh yeah. I forgot about those. Now I'm really slagged off. :mad: (And Genesect should have happened in some form or another because of the movie.)

Yeah, let's not have any more of that GF, please. If we're going to have an event distribution, let's make sure everyone can get at least a shot at it. Oh and let's also not drop Ribbons in this Gen. That happened in Gen V and I don't want to see it again. (I like having my Pokemon looking like a five star general. I'm weird like that.)

I don't want very easy short routes like route 1 in X and Y, I rather have them to be ether take a while to go across or long with some challenges that you have to overcome. Like the route in Sinnoh where you have to go through deep snow in a blizzard.

-I don't want an over abundance of focus on older Pokemon, especially Kanto. Sure I want a lot of old mons included in the games, but let the new Pokemon shine. Being given the Kanto starters in the beginning of the game in XY always bugged me. And yeah, of course you can box them, which I did, but it was still annoying. Extra starters should always be a post game thing imo. Being given gift Lapras and Lucario were also pretty weird. Can I get some free Kalos mons? Again, more focus on the new.
-I don't want another new Pikaclone that doesn't evolve. It's been 20 years and Pikachu itself is still the only electric rodent with an evolution family. Please let the new Pikaclone evolve at least once. Or, how about maybe another duo like Plusle and Minun.
-I'd prefer no new eeveelution.
-I don't want any new types or changes to the type chart. And with that, no new change of older Pokemon's types.
-I don't want another fire/fighting starter final evo. No more of that please.
-I don't want an over serious/boring story like BW and its sequels. I think gens 3, 4, and 6 had the best balance in terms of plot. They were serious, but they weren't making me contemplate my life choices.
-I don't want customization excluded like it was in ORAS. With that, I also hope it isn't just the same as it was in XY with a few new clothes. How about some more hairstyle options; maybe the ability to change our hair color into more exotic colors like red or pink.
-I don't want PokemonAnime (if it returns, which I hope it does) to be the exactly the same as in the gen 6 games with no changes whatsoever. Please put it some more damn minigames! And please improve the facial recognition.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom