• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

I don't want Soaring or Dexnav to come back. Don't want Zygarde to not be in the post game because it needs closure and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Don't want trainer customization or pokemon customization to be in the game.

What's wrong with trainer customization? D: If you don't want to customize your character, you don't have to...

I don't want to see the fandom fighting but it probably won't happen as long as there are users saying "Zygarde fans can go to hell! They deserve to be sad forever! " it probably won't happen. They just became worst than the people they were supposed to mock.

-Battle institute. As a casual player is very hard to enjoy this.
-Elite 4 and final gym leaders with less than 5 Pokemon.

Last edited:
I don't want to see the fandom fighting but it probably won't happen as long as there are users saying "ZYGARDE FANS CAN GO TO HELL!!!!!THEY DESERVE TO BE SAD FOREVER!!! THE WORLD MUST BURN!!!!11" it probably won't happen. They just became worst than the people they were supposed to mock.
Careful there. Let's not start triggering people.

I don't want to see the fandom fighting but it probably won't happen as long as there are users saying "ZYGARDE FANS CAN GO TO HELL!!!!!THEY DESERVE TO BE SAD FOREVER!!! THE WORLD MUST BURN!!!!11" it probably won't happen. They just became worst than the people they were supposed to mock.
How dare you! :p

It's actually not that bad. It's more like-can this person stop acting like they know everything and just be open to everything.

At least from my POV which is-whatever happens happens. GF has said FU to all we know so anything can happen.

Though I haven't seen anything get too heated to where things like that or even calling people idiots has happened.

But yeah that ain't happening. The most we can do is be civil and if it does seem to be on the verge of too heated, then one can back off. Also as a "I could care less about zygarde" fan. I don't think that at all. :p

On another note. I think with some fixing sky battles could be fun. I would like to see dive battles again, but to be done similar to sky battles because it feels real then.

Other things they should rid of. Male professor. First we get an old guy, A father, another father, another old guy, and the most recent is a flirt that totally wants your mom. (Though that might be in my head.) And yet we only have one female. Stop with the fathers and old guys and flirts please. Juniper didn't even get her own shine because her father appeared ;_;

How dare you! :p

It's actually not that bad. It's more like-can this person stop acting like they know everything and just be open to everything.
I don't act like I know everything. I even open up to the idea of gen 6.5

Pandering nostalgia bs. One and done gym leaders. A villain team like team flare. A champion like diantha. A elite four as easy as the kalos elite 4. No elite four rematches. A region as shallow as kalos. Less then 90 new pokemon. Basically I hope gamefreak dumps about 78% of the design trends from gen 6 in the trash cept for mega evolution and custimaztion(its nice that my avatar can have a skin color that is somewhat like mine.)

Things I don't want to see in SM, at various degrees:

- Gym Leaders with 3 Pokemon. The first couple of Gyms being like that is ok, but can we slowly move towards the later Gyms having a full team please?
- Likewise, I don't want Elite four with a limited team. Give me that full team of 6.
- No more HMs, but that it unlikely.
- Too much nostalgia pandering. Don't make it so painfully obvious. It's a little annoying when I'm trying to enjoy the new region with the new Pokemon, but old Gen stuff is shoved in my face.
- Likewise, too much focus or too many references to older regions to the point that they overshadow the new one. I love references and seeing old characters, but don't let them steal the focus of the new stuff.
- A poorly written plot like XY.
- Easy rival(s) that rarely fight you. I don't care about their personality as much, though it would be nice to get an a-hole rival again as it's been a while since we last had one. I like the friendly rivals, but we need a break from them.

Hmm... I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of anything else right now. I should probably go to bed instead. :sleep:

I dont really want to see:
-A friendly rival, Im tired of those tbh
-A Fire/Fighting starter(I dont really know if they'd go back to that after breaking the trend In Gen VI though)
-A small number of new Pokemon similar to XY, Id prefer we get some more, it doesnt have to be a ton mor, but more.
-customization being removed
Might think of more later

I don't want to see the fandom fighting but it probably won't happen as long as there are users saying "Zygarde fans can go to hell! They deserve to be sad forever! "
Its more tongue-and-cheek given how certain Z supporters were acting with regards to people theorizing about Gen VII...and even now I'm pretty sure its more of a jab at a certain banned user who is probably still obsessively watching this forum.

The vast majority of Gen VII supporters didn't think Zygarde would get abandoned, but would have its story told a different way. Like I mentioned in other threads, Zygarde has multiple cores. There's no reason to think all cores watch over Kalos.

With that said, I still don't want a large Zygarde focus. I've seen someone suggest Zygarde could be the master of Xerneas/Yveltal as well as the Sun/Moon legendaries. Honestly, it doesn't seem interesting enough. Even before Black and White Kyurem were a thing, people were already speculating about the Original Dragon that Zekrom and Reshiram came from and I think it has more of a story potential. Then there's also Genesect, who was made as a secret weapon (I presume for Ghetsis) behind N's back and it would have been nice if it wasn't an event Pokemon and got a real story.

There's a lot of untapped stories, and some of them have the potential to be more interesting than Zygarde. I'd rather Game Freak not invest everything on it given that its already had an entire anime saga dedicated to exploring its back story.

I don't want them to overdo the potential car thing. We have seen cars in the advert in some ways, I hope it doesn't go too far beyond the cabs in lumiose city. Traveling around by walking/biking is what the games have been about. Similarly I hope that the cities aren't too huge and that there is still a lot of forest area/nature type stuff and at least a good mix of both. I don't really want a city as huge as lumiose again, because I still don't think I've seen all of it. Castelia city was big enough.

I don't want them to overdo the potential car thing. We have seen cars in the advert in some ways, I hope it doesn't go too far beyond the cabs in lumiose city. Traveling around by walking/biking is what the games have been about. Similarly I hope that the cities aren't too huge and that there is still a lot of forest area/nature type stuff and at least a good mix of both. I don't really want a city as huge as lumiose again, because I still don't think I've seen all of it. Castelia city was big enough.
I would actually prefer cars to have a slightly bigger role, but of course not as something like main mode of transport. More like a mini game, or traveling pokecenter.

As for Lumiose it just wasnt handled right. Castelia was much better organized, assuming you didn't go into the sewers. Those could be confusing.

I don't want another Parfum Palace or whatever castle was in Kalos, where you visited it maybe one time and it had little to no purpose other than aesthetic.

Scratch that----I don't want another Kalos. You can make it beautiful as possible, but there needs to be some substance to the areas being made...

Dank ass memes break immersion.
While Dex Nav gives you cool stuff it slows down an already painfully slow game.
There has been enough dragon psuedos for a long time.
New types were unnecessary and impossible to introduce in a non intrusive manner since the beginning of gen 4.
Formes are totally played out.
Lag is inexcusable for a game that has the same battle formula for twenty years.
Flowers patches are nothing compared to dark grass.
Bike simulator isn't fun.
Roamers are annoying.
The safari zone is a RNG hell.
Disc locked Pokemon are anti consumer.
The restriction of the type gems was ridiculous.

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding repetitive, no more of the geography artistic liscence like RSE/ORAS did. The others I can more or less put up with, but this, a really big NO. When Pokémon actually had real-life geography in Gen 1, 2, and especially when GF showed that they can actually do an accurate overseas region like XY, I will not negotiate over this anymore.

I don't care if cars are a big deal or just a minor thing as long as they fit with the world. I don't want another thing like in unova where there was a busy highway in the background but only one place in the whole region that looked like it may connect to it, and no cars ever enter or leave.

- Electric Gym. Literally every main series game so far has had an Electric Gym. Heck, give us an Electric Elite Four member, just not another Gym.

- Dark Gym. I know, I know, nobody wants Dark-type to remain so awesome even Gym Leaders can't handle it, making it Elite Four exclusive, but I don't hate Dark type. Let it be unique like that. Once again, it's a type based on cheating and foul play (Bite, Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Beat Up, Thief, the list goes on) and literally called "evil" in Japanese - no wonder Gym Leaders, who are supposed to be a fair-and-square test for challengers don't use them. Elite Four is a no-holds-barred final showdown, but the Leaders are supposed to measure your strength. People bring up Koga as a counter-argument, but he wasn't a cheat - he had a real nasty strategy and, with his evasion and Toxic and exploding, taught me way more than "type effectiveness", unlike some other Leaders.

- late Dragon challenge. Imagine if the first Gym was Dragon-type. You think You wouldn't like it, but the first Gym being Dragon-type would cause Game Freak to introduce wild Dragon and Ice types really early in the game. Your starter would be not-very-effective, meaning the game would actually encourage You from the start to build a cool team. Gym #2 could be Ghost-type, in the same way encouraging the use of the usually ignored early Normal-types (by the second Gym they should have more than STAB attacks, say Bite or something).

- unnecessary Megas. And by "unnecessary" I mean Megas for Pokémon who can already fight well. Garchomp needed a Mega way more than Ledian or Persian, right? Game Freak, instead of making the popular Pokémon popular, try making the unpopular Pokémon awesome! Mega Pinsir or Mega Pidgeot were the steps in a very right direction, continue that without again straying toward Mega Lati@s and such.

- more overused type combinations among new Pokémon. Normal/Flying has been done to death, same with Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, Grass/Poison (those are my two favorite types and I'm still tired of the combo), even pure Normal is a bad idea when we still have so few non-pure Normal types. I would be, however, okay with more of the above if - and only if - they were done just right or in new ways. An actually powerful Bug/Flying (with Magic Guard against Stealth Rock for example) or a very slow, defensive-support oriented Normal/Flying. Something new and solid.

- Dragon-type Eeveelution. Fairy-type you can make a stretch is about general "magic" kinda power. Dragon is a type of creature. You don't make a fox into a dragon, just like you don't make a fox into a bug or a ghost. Besides, if You want a counterpart for Sylveon, it should be Poison-type. We do get pure Poison-type Pokémon every odd-numbered generation, time for a new one. It's a good opportunity, Game Freak.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom