• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

• No Mega Evolutions. Just give us normal ones.
  • Give us a Dark gym. It's getting ridiculous. There is already a Fairy gym.
  • Don't split the Pokédex again.
  • Old Pokémon can't outnumber the new ones in the regional Dex.

• No Mega Evolutions. Just give us normal ones.

While I would like a few more cross generational evolutions (*cough*Dunsparce) Anyone thinking that Mega Evolutions are something that will just go away are in for a rude awakening.

It's possible though that, while Game Freak will keep the Mega mechanics and current forms, they may not introduce any more new Megas. Game Freak has a tendency of introducing new features in one generation or pair of games only to get removed in the next pair, replaced or severely neglected. Of course that depends on the feature, some actually have been kept and expanded over the years, but quite a few promising ones have been outright dropped.

^Yes, but Mega Pokemon are essentially pokemon in their own right. They aren't like certain features in the games which are region specific facilities or gadgets, Mega Pokemon are a huge part of the meta game already unlike any 'feature' ever has been. To call Mega Evolution a 'feature' is almost hilarious to me. They aren't a feature, they are pokemon, and pokemon aren't going to be permanently removed from the games. Each game may have particular pokemon available while others don't, but they won't just disappear and be dropped from the canon forever. Megas were a calculated addition that is here to stay. Mega Evolution took a long time to develop and there were changes in some pokemon's movepools just to support their Mega Evolutions. The idea that Game Freak might take away Mega Evolutions after going to so much trouble to introduce them is tantamount to thinking that Game freak might take away baby pre-evolution pokemon like Pichu or Magby.

Exactly. Those features that appear in only one region have similar, but different minor gameplay features and other games. I wouldn't put the Dexnav and the Poketech in the same category as mega Pokemon.

No matter if you expect Mega evo's to stay, this thread is about what people want, so they're free to say they don't want to see Mega evo's.

Something which I agree with honestly, for a lot of reasons:
  • Not every Pokémon gets a Mega, making those that do seem more important than the others (especially the ones that get two megas).
  • It makes a lot of already very powerful Pokémon even more powerful.
  • Seeing and having to wait for that same Mega Evolution animation over and over again is so tiring imo.
  • The bag is so full now and stays that way, cause you can only use one of the stones. Even if we get a seperate bag for it later, it really is just a waste of space imo.
So I do also hope there aren't going to be any new Mega's. This isn't a case of "just don't use it" either, cause when you play competitively you mostly really don't have another choice than using Mega's.

I personally wouldn't like to not get new megas. That would make other Pokemon miss out, and make Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza more powerful than all other legendaries and the balance between some starters and legendaries would be unbalanced. That's the only reason why I'd not want them to make more. But otherwise, I don't really care that much.

• Seeing and having to wait for that same Mega Evolution animation over and over again is so tiring imo.
While I agree, the developers could just program a "skip cuts scene" option like in Kirby and Yo-Kai Watch.

The only reason Mega Evolution is not the best thing ever is that Game Freak doesn't really care enough about which Pokémon NEED a Mega. Pinsir, Mawile, Kangaskhan, Lopunny, Beedrill, Houndoom, Banette, Absol, Glalie - yes, yes, those are the weak Pokémon that needed a buff. Nice thinking, Game Freak.
And then they do Mega Gengar, Mega Salamence, Mega Lati@s, Mega Metagross, Mega Blaziken, Mega Freakin' Rayquaza... At least Mega Garchomp sucks, we could not survive a better Garchomp.

^Yes, but Mega Pokemon are essentially pokemon in their own right. They aren't like certain features in the games which are region specific facilities or gadgets, Mega Pokemon are a huge part of the meta game already unlike any 'feature' ever has been. To call Mega Evolution a 'feature' is almost hilarious to me. They aren't a feature, they are pokemon, and pokemon aren't going to be permanently removed from the games. Each game may have particular pokemon available while others don't, but they won't just disappear and be dropped from the canon forever. Megas were a calculated addition that is here to stay. Mega Evolution took a long time to develop and there were changes in some pokemon's movepools just to support their Mega Evolutions. The idea that Game Freak might take away Mega Evolutions after going to so much trouble to introduce them is tantamount to thinking that Game freak might take away baby pre-evolution pokemon like Pichu or Magby.

You completely misunderstood my point. I said that while they're very likely to keep all current Megas, they may not introduce new ones.

1. Event Pokemon. With the exception of WiFi or Pokemon Bank events (since I can take part in those in the comfort of my home), I do NOT want event Pokemon. I would much rather see those pokemon be given either through Pokemon Bank or as free DLC. This way, people who aren't early adopters aren't screwed out of these Pokemon.

2. Forced tutorials. I completely understand that every Pokemon game is someone's first, so tutorials are important for these new players. However, there are also millions who've played Pokemon potentially for years (such as me), and know how to play the games. I want all tutorials to be completely optional.

3. Too much hand-holding. This was my main problem with ORAS. Comparing how the game went with the original Ruby and Sapphire, there was TOO many instances of the game holding your hand, especially when it was time to fight Norman for his Badge. In the original, it was up to you to travel back to Petalburg, but in ORAS, the game just teleports you to Petalburg. I do not want this to happen in S&M.

4. Just one save file. Many times have I beaten a Pokemon game then wanted to come back and replay the story, but the idea of having to lose my progress turned me away. For this, I want multiple save files (at least 3) instead of just one.

5. Forced "Walking Pokemon" feature. I know it is a popular feature since HGSS, but I always found it annoying. I do not want it to return, or if it does return, I only want it if it is completely optional.

No more mythical pokemon. Make them available to catch in the game. The shiny forms and special moves can be event.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom