• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DON'T you want to see in SM?

Games being too easy
No postgame
Not enough legendaries. I happen to like them.
No battle frontier
Pikachu clone. Some weren't bad, but Dedenne is the definition of pikaclone.
Cars, they don't fit the games.

More pokemon forms that are each exclusive to the country you live in. Disliked that about Vivillion.

No one said anything about stopping megas, they just said there should be less introduced in gen 7.

^You could argue that ship has already sailed, what with Kyurem+Zekrom and Kyurem+Reshiram fusions. But those have in-universe reason for existing and are post-game only. And don't involve humans being one of the ingredients, most importantly.

I hop reburst stuff stays far away from the main series. However, this hope may be dashed due to ash-greninja. If it is happening, I'm sad.

Ash-Greninja wasn't literal fusion though. It was more of the trainer and Pokemon being interconnected by spirit I guess? Though I do agree that I would prefer that to be kept out of the main series. The idea is already very similar to Mega Evolution in execution.

As overused the meme is, i really don't want an overabudance of water routes in the games since the region is pretty much comfirmed to be based on Hawai. I'm sorry Hoenn fans, but having a lot of water routes is just boring imo.

Well, I've always considered the focus on real-life geography on Pokémon to be a special feature. Having real-life countries and geography mentioned especially in the days of Gen 1-2 was not something that was done in many other RPG games - the only two examples that I could think of would be Shin Megami Tensei and Yokai Watch. Particularly GSC and XY really nailed the head, as they really felt like Japan (or Kansai) and France respectively, and I thought Pokémon did well with its setting being an alternate version of our real life universe. This was what attracted me to play Pokémon, because then I could easily immerse myself into the Pokémon world.

Extending my current argument, I did not like how the tropical culture were added to the RSE region which was Kyushu, because Kyushu isn't that south of Honshu and isn't that warm of a climate. In other words, it looks too unreal, and the tropical stuff looked out of place. I rather would have seen them do a truer-to-life Kyushu like they did for Kansai in GSC, or abandon Poke-Japan altogether and actually use the geography and the culture of Hawaii, Guam-Saipan, or the Brisbane-Townsville-Cairns area of Queensland as a Gen 3 tropical region, if the tropical feel was so important. (Like what Level 5 eventually did with Yokai Watch 3.) I hate ORAS-Hoenn even more Japanese because when they didn't improve/Japan-ify the geography on what should be on their home turf, it strike me as laziness on GF's part. This is especially the case when they really nailed the head with a region that's not their home turf.

And this is the reason why I will NOT tolerate a Pokémon regions's geography that deviates from its real-life counterpart without a good reason, and I will NOT respond to any negotiations from other people in regards to this. It is also the reason why I did not play RSE and why I will not play ORAS, ever. In fact in my upcoming fanfiction (see my blog for that), I'm going to drastically remodel Hoenn to reflect closer to real-life Kyushu. It is also the reason why I will vehemently defend GSC, XY, and to some extent RBY. I shall close my case.

It looks like GF actually took note of the thing that I did not want! Very good. They should have create an actually Hawaii-based region in Gen 3, not the fake one that is Hoenn.

Magby/Magmar/Magmortar not being in the regional Pokedex. The idea of being in a region with Volcanos actually makes me excited and want to use these Pokemon.

I hope this region has even more surfing than Hoenn, just to see the anti- hoenn dudes pissed off. :p

Mega evolutions. The fans have be saturated in the gimmick faster than the superhero media craze. Please go back to basics with form change.

I hope the boy customization won't be so insanely limited. Honestly, he deserves to have more than like 5 shirts and pants to choose from, total! Step it up, Game Freak.

I don't want to see Zygarde in the main game, but I don't want him to be ignored. just give him a post game storyline explaining the forme changes Delta Episode style.
What I really don't want, is Gen VI's policy on legendaries. I actually liked the numbers we got back in the days of Gen III-IV (Unova just had way too many), just make sure to actually give them base in the region's myths and legends.
Also: Bad gens V & VI! Bad! You give me my Frontier back!
ReBurst. Stay. The f*ck. Away from my game.

- An actual challenging rival. After watching the english and japanese trailers, I kind of gave up hope of having a complete a hole rival again, so I at least want the next best thing, challenging rival. one that I encounter often on my journey and is actually tough to beat. One that feels on par with you. (though if they do end up making a second rival who is challenging and a total jerk I will be so happy)

- Bipedal fire starter. Litten looks adorable, and is definitely my pick for this gen. But I really don't want to see it turn into another bipedal one, especially if it becomes Fire/Fighting (I don't think Game Freak will do one of those again anytime soon though. All the fire starters have been bipedal, and for most of them, it worked. But honestly, Emboar and Delphox would have been a lot cooler, in my eyes, on four legs.

- HMs. They'll probably still have them, but please. If they put them in I at least hope they're breakable.

- Not having the exp share from gen 6 come back. I realize this might be an unpopular opinion, but for someone who really doesn't like sitting and grinding for hours for an upcoming battle, I really enjoyed the Exp Share from gen 6. If they did anything with it, then maybe turn it down a little, so your pokemons aren't too overpowered, or just up the levels on the other trainers.

- Nothing to train on post game. In ORAS, there were very few places where you could go if you needed to train pokemon. I don't want to see that happen again.

- Removal of trainer customization. I do understand, it is a Kalos thing, but it seems most games of this type in this age have customization. I really loved it in XY, and made sure I put on the amulet coin early on to get all the money to buy new outfits that I could sport along in my journey. I do know it wasn't in ORAS, but that was a remake. I feel like it should be done in gen 7.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom