• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What DP needs to bring me back to the series.

I see what you mean and that makes sense. But PVP still has a major flaw that downgrades it from being the pinacle for me. Anyone who has the game can beat the elite four, complete the dex, or do any of the things you listed just by owning the games. Not everyone has someone to play against. I know I don't. The rare few people I do know locally who care to battle me aren't your hyper compeditive types, so they can be thrashed with just a team of level 100s. And beating someone who's likely to pull out the link cable when I'm going to win is not the pinacle of gaming.

And I still maintain that even if PVP is the absolute end all be all of pokemon, they still shouldn't cut out the pokemon that hyper compeditive types consider weak. Level 8x sneasel on Silver, thank you very much.

Sceptile726 said:
We have been told this gen will try to outdo all the others, and I know that will be extremely difficult, considering the many people that still want the second gen's lost features to be reborn, or to radically retool the core of pokemon to better match other successful RPGs. (I personally think that would make pokemon lose its uniqueness.) I wish them luck, they are going to need it. It is impossible to please everyone. Compromises must be made, or there will be chaos.

Well.. I definately agree with people wanting to make it like other RPG part, however I don't see that too often. Even though most people can disagree on what they feel the core of the game is or what they like, I think we all know what makes pokemon pokemon, and what makes it not. I'm certian nintendo does too.

So far I'm really happy that at least nintendo is putting in Days of the week and time again, as with adding online. However I really wish they do go all out on the game.

One other thing I hope is that they add Months also. They don't need to make many specific events. I think it'd be cool to have maybe 5 holidays and a special occasion.. but the main reason is because I want pokemon migrations. It'd be really intresting to see this for catching.

'course there's a lot of things I want.. (today's epp of pokemon reminded me that I want them to be able to get simple costumes that you can see them wear in battle, that'd be cool.. but I think there's a better chance of that in a Revolution version than this)

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom