• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What dungeons or location concepts would you like to see in a PKMN game?

Morningstar

Memeber
Reaction score
I make this thread to collect ideas for what kind of dungeons or locations you wouldlike to see in a pokemon game. Also covers region concepts that go beyond just referencing (part of) a RL nation and more impossible location concepts.

I for one would like to see a region where most of the towns and routes are actually within a giant ring-shaped megastructure on the ground with the area outside being a Wild Area Analogue and where the League is at the center of the ring. Where the routes would be pathways in the walls of the ring that lead to cities, artificial habitats and things of a more fantastical or sci-fi bent.

Time-travel to medieval Kanto with samurai battlin' with Pokémon. You can even have the ancestors of Present day Kanto characters show up for callforwards and wacky gags and what not.

I just want to play Conquest as a main-line traditional game alright, don't judge me.

Pokémon Conquest was a very interesting game, unfortunately it had a several lack of content. Then, I would love a new Pokémon Conquest with more stuff (more Pokémons, moves, scenarios and further complexity), a tactical Pokémon RPG would be always welcome.

Last edited:
I want to see a proper jungle area. I know we got Lush Jungle in Alola, but that didn't feel like a real jungle because it really didn't have exotic, tropical flora and fauna. I'm talking a jungle with vines and colorful plants everywhere and Pokemon like Toucannon, Aipom, and Carnivine inhabiting it.

How about ancient ruins with more than one floor for once, imagine an underground labyrinth where you could encounter a minotaur Pokemon who will always be chasing you because you're trying to get to the treasure at the end? We need some more "holy crap" moments in Pokemon when discovering places. You know, having that shock of something you didn't think would be in the games are in the games. That Giratina scene from Platinum comes to mind when talking about "holy crap!" moments in Pokemon.

Just like @Bolt Strike said I also want a proper jungle area for a long time, since seeing the artwork for a jungle for the "southern Islands" of the TCG.
(https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/b/b0/SIJungle.jpg/320px-SIJungle.jpg) as well as the Guyana portion of the first movie. Lush jungle was indeed lacking in size, mystery and exploration.

I also want to see the Pkmn Underworld...it has been hinted many times in the anime and Dex entries and Giratina's Reverse World left me wanting more and more weird and creepy content.

A proper mystic forest/woods with a lake, fog, a maze and lore to it is very much welcomed...a special colored (not shiny) Milotic or Dragonair as the guardian.

I'd like to see a cave that you need to Surf into, similiarly to Scorched Slab, as most island caves (such as Seafoam Islands, Whirl Islands and Seaside Cave) require walking into instead. Once inside, when you reach dry land, you need to use Surf again to end up on a small patch of dry land, which has stairs. Take them and you will be in the cave's basement. Walk until you see water again, surf and you will see a waterfall. Descend and you will see the cave's exit, which leads to a field of flowers with many high-level wild Pokemon.

More underwater areas. R/S introduced the concept but the graphics back then made it way too basic and primitive. OR/AS kind of did it better but it still wasn't anywhere near as fantastic as it could've been.

Time-travel to medieval Kanto with samurai battlin' with Pokémon. You can even have the ancestors of Present day Kanto characters show up for callforwards and wacky gags and what not.

I just want to play Conquest as a main-line traditional game alright, don't judge me.

Coming back to this thread after Legends Arceus was announced, it's amazing how close this is to being a reality (it's inevitable, in fact, if Legends Arceus sells enough for Legends to become a running subseries).

A giant world tree
A space station.
I want to see a proper jungle area.
How about ancient ruins with more than one floor for once, imagine an underground labyrinth
More underwater areas.
Seconding all of these.

I find the Lush Jungle thing that @Bolt Strike mentioned particularly interesting, because it didn't feel very "exotic" to me either, despite being located on Poké-Hawaii of all places. Does anyone remember Olive Jungle and the Jungle Relic from the original Pokémon Ranger? Obviously the graphics are pretty underwhelming by today's standards, but despite that I think they did a great job in how they combined the tropical island village with the lush (lol) jungle that would eventually lead to this pretty huge ancient ruin; Entei making the volcano erupt and essentially turning it into a whole different location was a nice added touch. So yeah, I would love a dungeon/area with a similar vibe in the main series.

Another thing I would like to see more often (again) is complex (!) human-made dungeons. Something in the vein of the Silph Co. building and the Pokémon Mansion where you can actually get lost, or to a lesser degree Castelia Sewers. I think Ultra-Megapolis could've been a great futuristic take on this concept, but unfortunately... well.

I think volcanoes in cold areas rather than the traditional hot place, like in modern day Iceland for example, would be a neat area to be featured in Pokémon. It also would be interesting to see the juxtaposition of Fire and Ice-type Pokémon living so closely to one another.

I want a grand, complex, and lengthy cave system, like Mt. Coronet but on steroids. I'd want it to take upwards of an hour to complete start to finish, on average. It should truly be a test of endurance and skill, I play a few MMOs with locations like these such as for quests and when something is difficult and takes resource management and actual thought, it's way more enjoyable. Bonus points if this cave system goes between two different regions. like a hypothetical cave system in Legends: Arceus that starts on the southern end of Mt. Coronet and reaches the Sinjoh Ruins and eventually, it would reach Johto. I know this will never happen, but that would be a good way to implement such an expansive cave system, I think the link between Sinnoh and Johto and the Sinjoh Ruins that sit in between the two regions would be the perfect place to implement such a system.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom