• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Eevee evolution would you like to see in the next gen?

I am of the opinion that the Eeveelutions should have stopped after Espeon and Umbreon - the whole Eeveelution thing is getting ridiculous. But if I had to pick, I'd go for a Flying-type Eeveelution. Flying seems to be one of the more "basic" types, and that seems to be what they were going for at first save Umbreon and Sylveon.

The eeveelution's I want to see

Dragon (Evolves while holding a dragon fang)
Flying (Not really sure how that would work, evolves by soaring I guess?)
and possibly a steel type (Evolves while holding Metal Coat)

I would love to see a Ghost evolution of Eevee! A bug type evolution would also be pretty amazing

I think that we should eventually have every type, but for the next step, I'd go with Ghost and Poison. Actually, I have names and evolution methods for each remaining type:

Phanteon (Ghost), level up in a haunted area (Old Chateau, Pokemon Tower, etc.)
Toxeon (Poison), level up while Poisoned
Stoneon (Rock), level up in a cave
Quakeon (Ground), level up in a desert
Brawleon (Fighting), level up in a Gym
Cloudeon (Flying), level up while soaring
Swarmeon (Bug), level up in a forest
Draceon (Dragon), level up in Victory Road
Metalleon (Steel), level up in a factory or other industrial area
Pureon (Normal), exposed to a Dawn Stone

I can see these methods, that already wasnt used, and wouldnt be a retcon:
Through weather condition (probably ghost in fog, or ground/rock in sandstorm).
With an spefic new Pokemon in the party
Trading holding a new item
Learn a new attack of the specific evolution type
Mega-evolution (probably, the normal type. It would be bad a mega for the eevolutions, it would take away the magic of this specific Pokemon).

I would love to have a eevolution for all types.
I'm anxious for the ghost and dragon.

And it would be really interesting how would turn out be the bug eevolution, and the pure flying.

And in the future, it would be cool be a mega stone for the normal eeve. Its pratically the normal eevolution.

Last edited:
Besides wanting a Dragon-type Eeveelution I would love to see them introduce two more Eeveelutions. To be more specific a Ground-type Eeveelution and a Poison-type Eeveelution. I could see the two of them being introduced together in a pair similar to Espeon/Umbreon and Leafeon/Glaceon.

One has a type-advantage over the other, while this in turn completes the cycles of super-effective types for the other Eevees as well. I have an image showing this in PDF format but does anyone know where / how i can upload it? Not many sites support pdf.

That too. Espeon would finally be super effective against an Eeveelution while Jolteon and Sylveon would gains weaknesses. It's one of the reasons why I would love for them to do it.

I put this together, here is what the type matchup between the Eeveelutions would look like...

hL1WyiB.png

But... Ground and Poison wouldn't be the only ones missing.

Wait... what? I don't understand, lol.

Besides wanting a Dragon-type Eeveelution I would love to see them introduce two more Eeveelutions. To be more specific a Ground-type Eeveelution and a Poison-type Eeveelution. I could see the two of them being introduced together in a pair similar to Espeon/Umbreon and Leafeon/Glaceon.

One has a type-advantage over the other, while this in turn completes the cycles of super-effective types for the other Eevees as well. I have an image showing this in PDF format but does anyone know where / how i can upload it? Not many sites support pdf.

That too. Espeon would finally be super effective against an Eeveelution while Jolteon and Sylveon would gains weaknesses. It's one of the reasons why I would love for them to do it.

I put this together, here is what the type matchup between the Eeveelutions would look like...

hL1WyiB.png

In the type chart you posted. If Ground and Poison were added, every Eeveelution would be strong against one and weak against another, this is true. But you made it seem from your posts that Ground and Poison would be the only types needed to sort of complete the set.

hL1WyiB.png

In the type chart you posted. If Ground and Poison were added, every Eeveelution would be strong against one and weak against another, this is true. But you made it seem from your posts that Ground and Poison would be the only types needed to sort of complete the set.

I see what you mean now, lol.

No the type chart I posted was mainly in relation to if they wanted to stop introducing Eeveelutions after a Ground-type and Poison-type. I suggested in my original post that maybe they should pass the crown on to a New Pokémon, the Pokémon could evolve into the types Eevee never evolved into. Technically though (speaking about what I suggested) the only Eeveelution we'd need if we wanted to give a weakness to Jolteon is a Ground-type one. The Poison-type one I added basically to kill two birds with one stone. Espeon currently can't attack any of the other Eeveelutions with a Psychic-type attack super effectively and Sylveon has no weakness to any of the Eeveelutions so Poison-type would be great.

I always wanted a ghost type eeveelution, call it something like spectreon.

I'm hoping for a Dragon type. It's the only Special attack stat not done, heck even Fairy got in before it.
Plus usually when they introduce new Eevos they have 1 strong against the other (Umbreon beats Espeon, Glaceon beats Leafeon) so there should be a Drageon, for Sylveon to beat?

I'm personally hoping to get a Steel and Ghost type Eeveelution tbh.

Flying is first priority and then Dragon. I'd of course like to see an Eeveelution of all the types.

I think a Dragon type Eeveelution would be fitting to complete the set of 'Special' types. After the Sylveon and Fairy type unveilings for XY, I thought a Dragon counterpart may also be revealed for Gen VI considering how all previous Eeveelutions have been released in pairs and trios. I'd be surprised if one never arrives in the future.

This. If they can take the time to design a Fairy Type and give it one of the most convoluted evo requirements in all of history, specifically for a new type, they can definitely give us a dragon.

I think a Dragon type Eeveelution would be fitting to complete the set of 'Special' types. After the Sylveon and Fairy type unveilings for XY, I thought a Dragon counterpart may also be revealed for Gen VI considering how all previous Eeveelutions have been released in pairs and trios. I'd be surprised if one never arrives in the future.

I agree.

I think, if anything, Dragon should happen and finish it off. Personally, I thought Dragon Eeveelution should've been released alongside Sylveon all along.

Though, tbh, at this point I don't see why they wouldn't just do every single type including a Normal evolution for Eevee. It's gotten ridiculous, but oh well.

I'm neutral to new Eeveelutions, but if anything, I've always wanted to see a Steel type evolution for Eevee! It could have all of this bad*** armor and everything!

I don't particularly want a new Eeveelution tbh. I would rather them change the BST's of each one, either individually, or the same but still distributed differently, some of them suck beyond even wanting to use them. Idk, Jolteon (totally not being biased lol, and possibly Umbreon/Sylveon) are the only 2/3 I can generally use competitively and do well. I think it would be too much giving Eevee another evolution, it's at a good number now, being the 'evolution' Pokémon, having more of them would just make it more complicated, especially with actual means of how they would evolve.

It would be awesome if they did flying type eeveelution and made eevee available to catch in the wild in the next game, so I can have an entire team of eeveelution without HM slaves (assuming that the flying eeveelution would be able to learn fly)

All of them so people stop asking for new eevees every generation, oh wait, they will ask for mega eevees then.

would be nice to see a steel or poison version of eeveevolutions

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom