• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What else do you 'ship? General Discussion

Luna Tiger

Cheers to the Freeze
Reaction score
While this has predominantly been a Pokémon-only forum, not everyone is just a Pokémon fan. They're more likely than not fans of other things, too. Other anime, manga, video games, TV shows, books, comics, and the rest of the FF.N categories.

What else gets your gears going, in terms of pairings? What else makes you happy? What else makes you wish you had some kind of control over it to get what you want? Are there dragons involved? What else, as a fan, makes you tick?

List all your favorite non-Pogey couples, discuss other 'shipping stuff, whatever. Make general notes, rattle on about Naruto and Hina like you couldn't care less, pray someone is gonna hook up in Glee. Try not to get too blog-ish (blogs are cooler than posts), and we'll see what else happens.

Hmmm, I haven't really thought too much about non-pokemon shipping.

Well in Mass Effect I ship fem!ShepxThane, although that's mainly because I romanced Thane in ME2.

The rest of my shippings are mainly from The World Ends With You, I'm a big fan of JoshuaxNeku, with some ShoxKariya as a crack ship and 777xTech and in Final Fantasy VI with LockexCeles, SetzerxCeles and for a crack-ish ship: EdgarxLocke.

I'm not a "crazy" shipper who has to have a fave ship in every series, but quite a few have caught my heart over the years! Anyway, I usually end up shipping my favorite characters. All of my OTPs consist of one on my faves and a character I like at at least a little. They have to have some kind of interaction in canon, otherwise I just can't "feel" it. Also, I only have one OTP per series, and the rest of the ships I like are just "nice" or "cute".

At the moment I'm into Peter/Olivia from Fringe. I just like them both as individual characters a lot, guess that's why I ship it. Need to catch up with episodes so I can look up fanfics.

I ship Taang (Toph x Aang), Zutara (Zuko x Katara) and Suka (or w/ever Sokka x Suki is called) from Avatar: the Last Airbender.

Oh, and Spyro x Cynder from Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon and Spyro x Ember from Spyro: A Hero's Tail.

Harry Potter ships, because I'm obsessed:

Ron x Hermione (my absolute OTP from this series)
Ron x Harry
Draco x Harry
Luna x Ginny
Hermione x Ginny
Lupin x Tonks
Lupin x Sirius

I also really love Haku x Chihiro from Spirited Away, because it was just so sweet throughout the whole movie that I just had to fall in love with it.

There's also Konata x Kagami from Lucky Star. Why? Simply because it's one of the cutest ever yuri ships to exist.

And Kyo x Tohru from Fruits Basket. I know most people prefer Yuki x Tohru, but I friggin' looove Kyo to death and I love him and Tohru together <3

I'll update this again if I can think of more :3

Last edited:
I'm a big, big, big Digimon shipper, which is my other favorite fandom, equal to, sometimes surpassing, and sometimes not to Pokemon.

Adventure/Adventure 02:

OTP = Takari

Others I LOVELOVELOVELOVE: Koumi, Sorato, Taiora, Kenyako, Daiyako.
Others I like but not necessarily love/will ship first: Taito, Taidai, Taishiro, Jyoumi, Wallmi, Jyoushiro, Daiken, Kenkeru, Kenryou, Kouyako, Wallkeru, Taithrine, Takethrine, Miyachael, Wallyako, Mimora

Tamers:

OTP = [out of all the digimon seasons!~)] RYUKI. always always always always.
I also LOVEOVLEOVLEOVLEOVE Jurato.

I also ship Jiankato, Jianryou, SoraxJianliang (crossover pairing ftw!) and TomokixShuichong (crossover pairing ftw!), and Kenkazu

Frontier:

OTP = Kouzumi!

I also ship Izuchi, Takouji, Takouichi, and TomokixShuichong (crossover pairing ftw!), KouKou (brotherly love, not twincest)

Savers:

OTP = Chikuto

I also ship ToumaxMasaru (tomato I think it's called?), ToumaxNanami, ChikaxRelena, MegumixKurosaki

Xros Wars:

OTP = Kirine

I also LOVE Akaki
and I also ship Neiki, Kiriki and Nekari. :)

and for OURAN I ship

KaoruxHaruhi is my favorite Haruhi ship...
then in order of Haruhi ships I ship

HikaruxHaruhi
KyouyaxHaruhi.

But I also mostly ship HoneyxMori, TamakixKyouya, and KyouyaxKaoru. :)

I don't really watch or read any other franchises, but the ones I do, I find myself more often than not having at least one ship for. Harry Potter, I ship RonXHermione, HarryXGiny, HarryXLuna, and NevilleXLuna for the most part, with HXG being my OTP for the books. I also look into some SnapeXLily and DracoXPenelope from time to time.

I ship the canon pairings in Avatar:TLA, DannyXSam and a little of VladXMaddie in Danny Phantom, both TimmyXTrixie and TimmyXTootie in Fairly OddParents, and, thanks to Itunes for having the episodes for download, I'm back to liking DougXPatti, SketerXBeebe, and RogerXPatti from Doug.

I've also been looking at some of the issues of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, and found myself liking SonicXMina Mongoose a lot; shame the pairing itself didn't last for long. SonicXSally is my second ship, but I can't really get myself into SonicXAmy, despite the lack of real choice in the game continuity, lol.

Most, if not all, of my shipping energy is currently focused on Pokemon.

The first couple that I seriously got involved with though was Fry and Leela on Futurama. I remember when I was about 12 listening to my old Spice Girls CD late at night and imagining how each song was connected to them.

I suppose it was strange for me, because Fry is young and essentially sweet-natured, and fate seems to like him because he has a good heart.

I really love musicals; perhaps because most animated children's films in the 1990s were musicals. But it's a style that can tell a story, see in depth into a character's feelings, soul, or simply be an anthem to a feeling that's present in a situation. Perfect for fanfic scenarios.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom