• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what episode was the funniest?

SaffronGamer

Find Me On The Youtubez
Reaction score
what was your episode that made you laugh the most?

mine was: "Meteoric Rise to Excellence!"
(i think this episode was just ment for comic relief!)

too hard to choose, so it'll be a tie between these two:

get your rotom running

and

a meteoric rise to excellence

For DP, the Rotom ep, the Evil Togepi episode, the two episodes that revolved around Ash catching Gible and the episode where Piplup Learns Hydro Pump

From AG : I know Ah had a lot of funny episodes, but not one really jumps to mind...

From the Original Series : Ghost of Maiden's Peak and The Fortune Hunters

Last edited:
Grin to Win! (from Johto)
Brock: "I think he must have given that Sunflora steroids!"

A Crasher Course in Power!
For its hilarious animation.

Where No Togepi Has Gone Before!
My all-time fave!

An Egg Scramble!
For Lyra bragging about Johto. (O Johto!)

Try for the Family Stone!
For being so lame.

Sticking with Who You Know!
I bet you know why.

The Treasure is All Mine!
Marriage?

Double-Time Battle Training!
Zo-Zo wins her fifth ribbon in... the capital of Belgium!?
Candice was pretty funny too.

A Meteoric Rise to Excellence!
Gible.

Gotta Get a Gible!
Barry and Gible.

How Are We Going to Dub This? (assumed guess for DP161)
Ursula begins to call Dawn Dee-Dee.

From Expert to Starter! (assumed guess for DP164)
Piplup's imagination.

Rollin' with Hot Mama Bertha! (assumed guess for DP170)
Bertha.

Last edited:
In my opinion, these are the funniest episodes (all of these are Johto):

"An Egg-Sighting Adventure"
"Plant It Now...Diglett Later"
"Hocus Pokemon"

And here's my honorable mentions (these are Hoenn episodes):

"A Hole Lotta Trouble"
"A Shroomish Skirmish"
"The Bicker The Better"

Claydol Big and Tall makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Also, Air Time, The Bicker the Better, and Where No Togepi Has Gone Before.

Yes, "Claydol Big and Tall"!! That's another funny episode from Hoenn. XD

Hehe, Hoenn was full of awesome episodes like that. ^^

And of course Johto had some great episodes too, like the ones I mentioned (Johto is my favorite region, by the way).

The Bicker, the Better.

I'm inclined to agree, because there's so much character-driven humor in this one. Every joke is an outgrowth of someone's personality, and it's rare to see an episode that actually focuses on Satoshi-tachi getting on each others' nerves for a change. It's a classic comedy staple - conflict is funny.

But if I can stretch the definition of "episode" to include the Pikachu shorts, I don't think anything on this show has ever made me laugh quite as hard as "The Secret Base of Dancing Pokémon". The whole thing feels like an homage to 1940s Looney Tunes or something; the humor is so relentless and off-the-wall and perfectly timed, and even the animation is a fair bit more lavish and squash-'n-stretchy than usual. I still show that short to people as an example of how funny "Pokémon" can get.

For the record, The Bicker, The Better was the epiode that cememented my return to being a Pokémon fan. XP I said to myself, "Oh, Pokémon's on in a few minutes, I'll watch this episode and see if the show's any good these days". Hooray for character-based humor.

Evil Togepi. Ah, I had fun watching that. Shame she never returned.

I'll have to watch the bicker, the better.

Hoenn:
Claydoll Big and Tall
Whishcash and Ash - it's a plot that's been overused but this one actually made it funny.
The Bicker the Better

There's another one but I can't remember the title - it's the episode where Ash walks around with giant red lips because he ate the wrong berry. I loved it

DP:
Where No Togepi Has Gone Before!
The two Gible episodes
DP 164

I don't remember what eps were funny, but here's what I got:
-Tanks for the Memories(Ash dressing up as a maid was priceless)
-Where no Togepi has Gone Before! (Evil Togepi rules)
-Get Your Rotom Running! (I like how Rotom is being "playful" with Ash and co.)

There's another one but I can't remember the title - it's the episode where Ash walks around with giant red lips because he ate the wrong berry. I loved it

Pretty sure that's "Berry, Berry Interesting," the Munchlax capture ep.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom