• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What features DIDN'T you get that you wanted?

Porygawn

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Reaction score
Discuss what features you wished for but you didn't get. I was disappointed that Pokemon can't follow you and you can't customize you character.

1)no custom pokeball animations(i loved that in platinum)
2) no poke-apps like in platinum, specfically the roaming map. That would be really helpful with the legendary pokemon.
3)For white there needed to be some place to buy stones, this generation seems to really use alot of stones counting the monkeys and monmen/churine, chandelier, and others its alot of stones you need not to count the ones from past generations that really brings up the total of stones you need to a huge amount and with no place to buy them on demand makes it a little irritating when it comes to trying to catch them all and evolve them all

Part of me was kinda hoping GameFreak'd surprise us with multiple save files. A long shot, yes, but hope springs eternal.

Add me to the list of folks who would've liked to see following Pokémon making a comeback.

3)For white there needed to be some place to buy stones, this generation seems to really use alot of stones counting the monkeys and monmen/churine, chandelier, and others its alot of stones you need not to count the ones from past generations that really brings up the total of stones you need to a huge amount and with no place to buy them on demand makes it a little irritating when it comes to trying to catch them all and evolve them all

The evolution stones can appear as random items in the White Forest, though you need to connect with other players via High Link and complete some tasks to be able to expand the list. The same is true for Black City and the available buyable items (I own Black).

For me, what I wanted were Secret Bases, Generation III-style and maybe some loamy soil to be able to plant berries: it's a shame that you can only do it via Dream World, because you need both being able to connect to the internet and a device that supports the Flash Player 10.

Last edited:
VS Seeker and Gym Leader rematches. Good god, witholding such basic features from the initial versions at this point in the franchise is inexcusable.

^Maybe they're saving those for the third version so that it looks better. Just a thory, but it may be true.

We'll see what they are saving, a lot of things, from playing and looking at the game, seems like they trimmed features,details, and created short cuts to save space and get everything to work on the DS. I'm not disappointed in this game, but If we had to wait until next year to get it on the 3DS, I would have been okay if it would have meant a return of many of the little details from past games.

One thing that I miss is the more detailed pokedex. I wanted to be able to put in custom height and weight into the pokedex to compare, and they still don't have that simple feature. (and took out size comparisons all together)

^Maybe they're saving those for the third version so that it looks better. Just a thory, but it may be true.

Yeah, but it's such an old and well-established feature at this point... which is why I said it was inexcusable to withold it. Honestly, if Game Freak needs to hold back something that basic as incentive to buy the 3rd version, I think it's a pity; they should be coming up with actual new features to put in the 3rd version. The lack of rematches makes B&W a "play once, finish dex, throw away" game for me. It's my only big complaint about B&W, as even Ruby/Sapphire outclasses it in terms of rematching.

Last edited:
VS Seeker and Gym Leader rematches. Good god, witholding such basic features from the initial versions at this point in the franchise is inexcusable.
This. So much.

Also the Battle Frontier. Or the Subway Frontier? But yeah, TM2 hit the nail on the head. This is just lazy. At least this once, the game seems to flow greatly, and there's enough to make up for what it lacks.

Yeah, but it's such an old and well-established feature at this point... which is why I said it was inexcusable to withold it. Honestly, if Game Freak needs to hold back something that basic as incentive to buy the 3rd version, I think it's a pity; they should be coming up with actual new features to put in the 3rd version. The lack of rematches makes B&W a "play once, finish dex, throw away" game for me. It's my only big complaint about B&W, as even Ruby/Sapphire outclass it in terms of rematching.

Wow, I didn't know it was THAT bad. I guess I'll have to play the game myself so I can give my full opinion, but hearing this somewhat worries me. Thank goodness for so many cool new 'mons XD

Id have liked the ability to transfer your Pokemon into different Pokeballs.
And seriously...no berry growing facility?

I also want following sprites back.

New Features:
* Death of HMS, all Pokemon capable of using Field moves can use them all at any time on the world map by selecting a "Field Move" option, regardless of what moves they know.

* Character customization.

Old Features that should've remained/returned:
* Walking Pokemon
* Pokethlon and Contests
* Personal house/room/base.

Black and white, such a graphically advanced game yet they cater the old fans... I mean that's exactly what they meant about the "fresh" feel they would like the players to experience. The 1st pair is plainly giving justice to its name- black and white- that is, back to basics (and I seriously mean basic, the first games of the franchise, red/blue). No animated gl/e4 sprites, no gym rematch, no monster related to previous generation, not even secret bases or berry-planting facilities. In my opinion, that move makes me happy, it's just like i'm playing red/blue on NDS. . . Let's just say the pair's feature is the scrape-all-of-those-feature feature

- Trainer/gym rematches.
- Animated trainer sprites.
- Walking with Pokémon.
- More than 1 Battle Tower-esque facility. Just having the Battle Subway doesn't really cut it.
- Ball capsules.

And all of these are past features too. Really disappointing.

Having the withdraw and deposit feature combined for the PC.
Hi, I'm the Move option. How do you do?

Anyway...

Old Features I wish had returne:
- Apricorn Balls (They took them away from us again T_T)
- Toggle for Running Shoes.
- Pokémon following you.
- VS Seeker.
- Berry Pots.

New Features that could have been different:
- Global Link's dependency on Wi-Fi. I'm sat here playing around with my IP Addresses to make sure how I can connect. I wish Nintendo could have put the Global Link (or at least, the Dream World) on a CD-ROM or something. Sure, they could have used an internet connection for events and stuff...but it's kind of mean for people without Wi-Fi, when unlike events, it isn't the odd thing being missed...berries, loads of Pokémon...
- Battle Subway. Did it have to be "Battle Tower...in a Subway"? It really could have done with it's own gimmick, like changing tracks and changing from singles to doubles etc.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom