• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What features DIDN'T you get that you wanted?

As for the walking feature, the "reworked" plot revolved around human-Pokemon relationship, and the protagonist being the pure hearted trainer Ho-Oh shows up for. The walking was justified in-plot, and can easily be justified in-plot for Black and White considering what the protagonist is fighting for.

Actually... that sounds like the main reason to why they should have had walking pokemon in BW... I mean didn't most of the story have to deal with all the good guys trying to explain to team plasma as to why People and Pokemon should be together?!

I still don't know about this having so much extra space on the system (And I assume the DL'able content takes up less than 5MB space due to how they set it up), the way it was designed seemed to be in a last min. cut mentality. They knew people wanted them, and seemingly added it to the dream world to just save space (With things like the houses, berry growing, and taking pokemon for a 'walk'). Maybe Iwata was pressuring for a fall release, or maybe the sum of the parts exceeds the allotted left over space. (or maybe it's a combination of both) I just don't feel it was gamefreak's fault, and looking at how much the addressed fan desires with this game makes me not think they were lazy.

I just really hope we don't see gen 6 for a long time.

Just the VS. Seeker.

I don't know why people are complaining about the HMs. Seems to me you can get through most, if not all of the game, without them.

People like the Walking Pokemon because it further simulates a relationship between the player and a Pokemon that is heavily focused on the franchise but rarely expressed in the actual GameFreak game series. It allows players to feel like their Pokemon were more like companions as opposed to living weapons to be shot out of tiny storage compartments for the purpose of beating up gang members. The anime and manga and such emphasize interaction with Pokemon outside of battling, something that was not possible prior to the Walking Pokemon feature.

Yep. I'm gonna miss walking with my Swampert. :(

I wanted to say that I miss the VS seeker the most, but after I discovered how easy it is to encounter wild Tabunne who give more exp than most trainer I can't really complain about the missing VS-Seeker.

- Gymleader rematches ( especially with those small teams all of them have) were something I expected to be in the game, so it is a major bummer we didn't get those.

- A full fledged Battle Frontier

- a secret base system similar to the RSE games. the best secret bases ever made

- the HGSS Pokémon-follow-you feature. It made me enjoy my SS team so much more than any other team before it. I really hope the 3rd game will have this feature...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom