• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What five songs define your current music taste?

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Thought this might be fun. Doesn’t even have to be five favorite, just five songs that represent what you’re into right this moment. You’re more than welcome to post again as your tastes change, and feel free to include links. I’ll start.

Cold Shoulder - 8 Graves (dark but catchy trap-influenced rock)

Secondhand High - badluv (kinda hip-hop/pop with a little rock I guess)

Drop Dead - grandson feat. Kesha and Travis Barker (more upbeat trap-rock)

Over You - Thrones (emotional pop? Hard to put a genre on this one)

Nunchuck - Saint Phnx (very modern sounding but instrument-driven rock)

Panchiko - Stabilisers For Big Boys (nonstop banger)
julie - starjump (shoegaze)
Arlo Parks - Too Good (the harmonies make my head tingle)
The Jazz Butcher - Partytime (just fun)
Halcali - Hello, Hello, Alone (fun early 2000s japanese bop)

I don't know how to format things well so I hope this turns out okay

Nice thread,

"Runaway" - Kanye West I've been finding some cool extended/remixed Kanye songs on youtube, which has gotten me into listening to old favorites.
"What's A Future Funk?" - LemKuuja Been listening to a bit more future funk than usual
"GATTI" - Pop Smoke and Travis Scott Also been listening to a ton of US/UK/African drill
"Devotion" - Earth Wind & Fire Been listening to them alot recently
"Get Dripped" - Lil Yachty and Playboi Carti Carti, Yachty, Uzi, etc. songs always good for a fun, energetic song

Kino - Spokoynaya Noch' (I've been listening to some music from them since at least November after seeing someone else recommend it to another user (not me) outside of this forum)
Ninety One - Men Emes (They're my most listened to artists (according to Spotify I'm in the top 0.1% of listeners), and I've listened to almost every last song of theirs at least once)
Max Changmin - Maniac (My favorite song from his Devil mini-album, especially in the MV department.)
It's Over - Dracula Musical (South Korean version) (I have not seen the entire musical but this song is my favorite from the few songs I've heard)
A.Z - True (I would've added Aitsh Al or Hustla from his mixtape Arameuzda Qalseun but frankly I feel this song is the better representative of my music taste)

Here's a sample of my tastes:

(Early Music - Medieval) Sotto Candido Vel - Andreas Horganista de Florentia

(Progressive Rock) By the Banks - Wobbler

(Classic Soul - Philly Soul) Darling Take Me Back - New York City

(Classical Music - Baroque) "Was willst du dich betruben" BWV 107 - Johann Sebastian Bach

(British Folk) Banks of the Nile - The Owl Service

Snuff by Slipknot, Warrior by Disturbed, Be Prepared from the 1994 version of The Lion King, Here Comes Revenge by Metallica, and Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2

Edit: too lazy to link to them, sorry!

Only FIVE songs??? I'll try...

• Kill Bill by SZA
  • Just Dance by Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis
  • Big Boys by SNL
  • Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke feat. T.I., Pharrell Williams
  • Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande

• Coastline - Hollow Coves
• Stranger - Second Hand Serenade
• Wings - Birdy
• Fix you - Coldplay
• Dope Lemon - Neon Lights

In terms of being representative to what I spend a lot of time with;

Deepchord - Cruising Towards Dawn - Ambient/Techno
Fela Kuti - Zombie - Afrobeat/Funk
Isley Brothers - That Lady - Funk/Soul
Nas - The World is Yours - Hip-Hop
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II - Hip Hop

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom