• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Foods Can't You Stand?

Fish, mushroom and leek.
Fish is so horrible even smelling it makes me retch.
Mushrooms are just so slimy and eeeuuurrrggghhhh!
Leeks make me gag. I can't bring myself to eat them.
I can't deal with spicy foods either

I can't stand plain nachos. As in the ones you have to eat with a dip or something (I love Doritos).

There's a story behind it too!

About three years ago, my family went out for a meal for my sisters 40th birthday. I'm a really fussy eater, and sure enough, the pub's menu consisting of literally nothing I'd want to eat, except for one thing that caught my eye: nachos. Now like I said, I already love Doritos, and I'd never tried ordinary nachos before, so I thought "how different could they be?"

I got a plate of nachos smothered in melted cheese.

I'm really not a fan of melted cheese (unless it's the kind you get in a burger which is only melted slightly), and it didn't particularly taste nice either. So I thought "okay, I'll just eat the nacho's on their own. how bad could they-?"

They where aweful. They had a really strong corny taste that made me shudder.

But that's not where it ends.

When I went to bed that night, I couldn't get the taste out of my mind. Then in the middle of the night, I threw up. I was poorly the following day.

Ever since then, the scent of plain nachos has made me want to gag. One time when I went to the cinema with my mum, she got some nachos, and I had to beg her to throw them away because I couldn't stand the smell.

Tomatoes (though I don't mind them if they're like in a bolognese sauce or something), eggplant, anything spicy (ESPECIALLY CHILIES THOSE THINGS CAN GO DIE), sour things, coffee (I cannot stand the taste of that stuff), zucchini, cucumber, pickled anything (ew), mustard, beetroot, hard boiled eggs (the texture is just... weird), cooked egg white in general (unless it's a meringue... those things are delicious), Vegemite (and I know I'm going to get called un-Australian for this), Brussels sprouts, sprouts in general, spinach, pumpkin (aside from butternut because it has a better flavour than any other kind)...

Anything spicy
I love spicy food, but my tongue can't stand spicy stuff at all >.>

I'm a vegetarian, so all meat is out for me.

The only food that I am completely unable to stomach other than that sis soft fruit / veggies. I will throw up if I eat those, in most dishes anyways. I don't know why, it's just always been a huge problem. (Couldn't eat Bananas for it at first, but I was able to overcome that problem)

I greatly dislike tomatoes. They're often sour, savoury and sweet all at once - they taste so undecided to me!

Mashed anything because it tastes of what I imagine that baby food tastes like.

I especially hate the processed and junk foods that are not healthy. I like to eat healthy and proper food.

Macaroni and cheese. The texture, the smell, the taste, the sound it makes when you stick a fork in a bowl of it... excuse me for a moment.

[throws up profusely in the distance]

Pickles, tomatoes [size=-8](not ketchup, just tomatoes)[/size], peanuts, insects, mushrooms, corn & ''corndogs''.
[size=-9]Also broccoli, can't forget that one.[/size]

Hot peppers, I actually hate spicy food in general, but ever since i got hot peppers in my eye as a kid I hate them so much!

Weirdly enough, onions. Even cooked ones. Just the look of them, particularly chopped up in sauce, really repels me and I'm not sure why. I've gotten to the point where if they're really well-hidden I can eat food with them in it, but otherwise... no.

Actually, my boyfriend and I went to a fancy restaurant once, and he had what he claimed were the absolute BEST fried onions he had EVER tasted. He insisted that there was practically no way I couldn't like them even if I hated onions. Surprise, surprise... I didn't like them. Ah, well. More for him, right?

Back
Top Bottom