• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Foods Can't You Stand?

I would say rice cakes are the ones who really have a texture like foamy plastic, but I do not mind eating them... they are just nearly tasteless. At least popcorn is salty.

I don’t think I can stand white fish. It doesn’t taste or feel like fish. It’s texture in your mouth feels more like your eating a potato rather than a fish.

However, I do understand the appeal to it as it doesn’t taste like fish. Fish can usually be smelly and have a flavor that some people don’t like.

Pasta salad, also. I love pasta and eat it for dinner most nights, but something about pasta salad just grosses me out. It always tastes overly acidic and dries my mouth out. And it's not really salad when it hardly has any vegetables.

Meat in general. I was vegetarian for much of my life (since 2008), but have recently started eating fish (usually mackerel, sardine, or herring) once per week as it's impossible to ignore the heart health benefits of doing so. I can tolerate it, but ugh, there are so many other foods I'd rather eat.

Peaches. I used to think I was allergic to them because I'd break out just from touching one but we did some blood tests and apparently this is not the case. I guess my body just hates peaches on such an intrinsic level that being near them triggers an automatic DO NOT EAT THIS THING response.

How do people deal with all those hairs, anyways? Even if they were completely hairless they are still an F tier fruit because of that massive honking pit.

For some reason, blue raspberry doesn’t appeal to me. It tastes like carpet to me. I guess the reason is because I don’t expect the flavor to be raspberry. But then still, I don’t like it. Raspberries are amazing when they’re ripe but blue raspberry doesn’t really appeal.

Peaches. I used to think I was allergic to them because I'd break out just from touching one but we did some blood tests and apparently this is not the case. I guess my body just hates peaches on such an intrinsic level that being near them triggers an automatic DO NOT EAT THIS THING response.

How do people deal with all those hairs, anyways? Even if they were completely hairless they are still an F tier fruit because of that massive honking pit.
I like peaches but I do sometimes feel a little itchy after touching them. I kind of like the fuzziness of a peach. Some people deal with the hairs by cutting the skin off though sometimes that doesn’t go too well. (I speak from experience) I don’t find the pit in a peach to be a problem as it is in cherries.

Have you ever had peach cobbler? When I was real young I used to dislike eggs particularly scrambled eggs. But I overcame it by eating it with a combination of other foods via breakfast sandwich.

and everytime i say so everyone reacts like this
My partner also hates pizza and I had a classmate when I was little who hated it, so you're definitely not the only one lol

I posted in this thread ages ago but my tastes have changed since then so it's not 100% accurate anymore. Two foods I still despise and probably always will are bananas and coconut. They both have absolutely horrid textures and I hate their flavor, too. I have a hard time with smoothies because bananas are in so many of them, and even just a little overpowers the entire thing. And coconut milk is in a lot of curries, especially Thai ones, so I can't eat those either :(

asparagus, through no fault of its own. when i was little i was at my sister's wedding reception and asparagus came with my meal. i didn't know what it was, so i asked my prankster uncle, who told me it was a giant green bean. i loved (and still like) green beans, so i happily bit into it expecting it to taste like green beans, and no it did NOT. so i don't think i can ever eat it without thinking about that.
i'm something of a picky eater due to my sensory issues, i'll admit, but the other foods i genuinely HATE that come to mind would be beans (like, as in beans and franks. those beans) or anything with lettuce or cabbage. i'm not exactly fond of fish, either.

There are two types of mashed potatoes. The ones without milk or cream and the ones with milk or cream. I can't eat the second ones, my body rejects them.

Anything bitter. I'm classified as a supertaster so my sense of taste is very strong (plus I'm a picky eater, with both going hand-in-hand with each other, though learning how to cook mitigated that issue somewhat). As a result anything bitter makes me want to throw up. So that means things like broccoli, brussels sprouts, dark chocolate, cranberries, grapefruit, and so on won't even get a chance to enter my mouth. And anything that's too bland or near flavorless like tofu I won't touch.

I also can't stand coffee or tea, as both irate my stomach (not that I liked either of them anyway, plus they tend to be bitter so that further compounds the issue). Plus I have a weird relationship with caffeine. My morning drink is either water, lemonade, or orange juice (depending on my mood), and I'm quite fine with that. If anything, not being able to drink coffee is a blessing to me, especially since I see it as a G-rated drug and I'd rather not be dependent on it like most everyone else (like my parents).

Also mushrooms and fish but those are actually allergies so they are kind of a given.

Back
Top Bottom