• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Foods Can't You Stand?

Potatoes, in any and all forms. That includes fries and chips. I just don't like the taste, and there's not really a way to cook a potato to make it not taste like a potato.

There's quite a few beverages: coffee (I can't stand the flavor), sodas (carbonation makes me feel weird), and tea (haven't found one that isn't too bitter and/or tastes like oddly flavored water). While I can stand it and drink it when it's what's available, I'm not a huge fan of bottled water. Whatever minerals they add for taste make it worse, in my opinion. I'd rather have filtered tap.

I'm not a seafood person at all.
same! but i think it's because like.... i know seafood will never really appeal to me. people will try things like octopus, salmon, lobster, shrimp and i try to picture myself trying any of those and...... i just don't really develop literally any appetite whatsoever. x.x

Whelp, looks like I have something else to add to my "Foods I Hate and Will Never Eat Again" list: Butterfinger bars. Seriously, those things are like rocks! How do people eat them without feeling like you're gonna break all your teeth?!

I love a lot of seafood but plain fish is one thing I've never enjoyed. I like things like fish tacos and certain types of sushi but just a slab of fish? Nah.

Whelp, looks like I have something else to add to my "Foods I Hate and Will Never Eat Again" list: Butterfinger bars. Seriously, those things are like rocks! How do people eat them without feeling like you're gonna break all your teeth?!
When I was in middle school I ate an entire bag of fun size Butterfingers in one sitting (they were never one of my favorite candies to begin with so I'm not even sure why??) and nearly 18 years later I still can't think about them without feeling sick

I'm not a seafood person at all.
Same. Although it's more about me being not used to the seafood itself. And aside of the coley fish, I dislike fish meat overall. It is to the point where I'd much rather have a salad with vinegar on it than salmon, and vinegar is something that traumatized me as a kid due to an incident where an entire bottle got spilled inside a pack of cereals on accident during an entire night ><

Remembered a few other foods I can't stand.

First off: avocados. I hate avocados. I'm not allergic to it, fortunately (which is a blessing as mom has a tendency to use avocado oil cooking spray at some of our Sunday dinners because she loves the stuff) but I can't stand the taste nor texture of them. That also includes guacamole. The last time I ate an avocado I literally threw up. So, yeah, avocados are a nada.

Next, lamb. I was neutral toward lamb when I was younger but when my sense of taste got much stronger over the years the flavor of lamb became unbearable. It's got such a strong flavor that makes me retch nowadays. I always avoid any dinners that involve lamb, no matter how it's cooked.

Thirdly, grapes and raisins. Never liked either of them. The texture and taste of grapes has always been rather off-putting to me, and raisins just make that worse. I'll tolerate grape juice to a degree, especially if it's part of a smoothie (since the other fruit and contents help mask it), though I'm still not a fan of it on its own.

On a last note, I'm half tempted to include kangaroo meat on this list (yes, I've had kangaroo). The reason why I'm on the fence about it is because the one time I did have it I think it wasn't prepared right (it might have been overcooked, especially since, from what limited knowledge I have of kangaroo nowadays is it can't go higher than medium) and I never tried it again because I lost the provider I used to order from where I got stuff like that (or rather they no longer deliver to my area, which is a shame because they had other things that I loved like bison, alligator, and duck). So while I'm partly tempted to put kangaroo on the list it might be because it wasn't prepared right and I wasn't able to try again before losing my only source of it, thus it might not be fair to judge it that way. If I could find another source of it to try again then I could properly judge it better.

Celery is one of the few foods I just absolutely cannot stand. The texture is gross, and it just completely overpowers the taste of everything else when it is used in most foods.

Back
Top Bottom