• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What foods do you want to try?

Chibster

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
I would love to try okonomiyaki, real vegetarian ramen, vegetarian takoyaki, a real doughnut, beignets, sachertorte, and mangosteen fruit!

All the gingerbread and bread of the world as long as it doesn't have peanuts and is vegetarian.

Lamb, I've never had it and apparently it's amazing

Gumbo, authentic Indian curry, a whole range of German sausage, French Onion Soup.

Any specific curries? If I can make Indian food recommendations, you should definitely try palak paneer, paneer/chicken tikka, sambar (it's more like a soup than a curry), avial, and aloo mutter!

Gumbo, authentic Indian curry, a whole range of German sausage, French Onion Soup.

Any specific curries? If I can make Indian food recommendations, you should definitely try palak paneer, paneer/chicken tikka, sambar (it's more like a soup than a curry), avial, and aloo mutter!

Honestly, just something that's authentic - real Indian spices and prep. I have had loads of curries, but all are the kinda where the sauce and such is already in a jar, ready for heating. I recognise a couple of these, and I'm always looking to try more, so thanks for your tip :)

Honestly, just something that's authentic - real Indian spices and prep. I have had loads of curries, but all are the kinda where the sauce and such is already in a jar, ready for heating. I recognise a couple of these, and I'm always looking to try more, so thanks for your tip :)

Hehe glad I can help! :D It's definitely worth the time making it yourself or ordering from a good restaurant!

I just realized that even though I eat a ridiculous amount of pastries/sweets I've never had a cannoli. That is something I would love to try but unfortunately there isn't a single Italian place that's not like 4 hours north of me. Lots of French places but no Italian.

I don't count big chains like Johnny Carino's and Olive Garden as I think they are crazy gross.

I would also love to eat some delicious Indian curries, "Biryani" and Pulao etc..

The three macronutrients of food are proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. However, the caloric cost for your body to use them significantly differs.

In relation to the thermic effect of food, refined (processed) carbohydrates and fats have about a 3% rate, which means that it requires only about 3 calories for your body to use (burn) 100 calories of refined carbohydrates and fats. By that, they are NOT considered fat burning foods.

Some natural (unprocessed) carbohydrates have about a 20% rate. Therefore, they are in the medium range.

Proteins, however, have up to a 30% rate! Therefore, they are considered the best fat burning foods.

Moreover, some proteins are even better than others are. We can call those super-charged proteins!

So, in terms of its thermic effect, quality protein has TWICE the power because your body must work harder to process proteins than to process either fats or carbs. (Drinking plenty of water helps your body do this.)

So, eating specific proteins can significantly rev up your metabolism and they are considered the best 'fat burning foods.'

At the bottom of this reply, I have added links to free Internet resources for lists of fat burning foods that speed up metabolism, lists of foods that slow down metabolism, the feeding frequency in relation to fat burning foods, and the best free fat-burning exercises.

Gyros, they look good and delicious - there is a Greek restaurant about 20 minutes from my home, been wanting to go for long, so far haven't done the trip.

would love to try the same Chida

Xuixo, its a Catalan cremed filled pastry - they don't have them where I live
at the moment I can't travel to Girona, Spain to taste some
(not enough funds and don't have a passport either)

Chicken and waffles.

In N’ Out burgers. (In N’ Out is a super popular fast food place where I live (the one in my town has two lines that are roughly ten cars long on average), but I only had them once when I was rather young)

Surprisingly, I've never had what Americans call: a "Twinkie", which is supposedly some cake with cream filling.
I don't know why I haven't tried one
I've eaten fried tarantulas

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom