• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What for buffs and nerfs would you make to the new galar pokemon?

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- Dragapults :

• Dragon Darts put into the blast and bomb category (Bulletproof immune), hitting the pokemon protected in semi-invulnerable turns
  • nerfs? we have sucker punch, shadow sneak and phantom force are good enough... maybe there will be a fairy type increased priority move in future or pokemon with better abilities... pursuit if comes back...

-Polteageist : a move to make berries rotten, means they would do damage and poison a oponets pokemon if consumed, add scald

I'd nerf Dragapult by reintroducing Pursuit. Pursuit was such an interesting, skill-rewarding and competitively relevant move, I was shocked when it didn't make the cut this Gen.

I'd shift Mr Rime's stats around to pump more into his Speed and perhaps his offenses, at the cost of his defenses. He's got a boringly-balanced stat distribution at present, and the opportunity for another scary offensive Ice-type was missed.

Just about everything else is fine, I think, except maybe Darmanitan and some of the fossils. Not every Pokemon needs to be good, but it's disappointing when they aren't interesting.

I'd definitely nerf Galarian Darmanitan's ability. And definitely less speed for Dracovish. It's not a fun pokémon to face

how much %?

now is 50%.

a change to 33%?

hmm Dracofish... we have increased priority moves, Freeze Dry, I would suggest making magma armor extra immune to jaw boosted moves and dealing damage to them, then we have a counter here... there is also trick room, shedinja and some pokemon with sturdy, disquise and ice face to take it on...

I'd shift Mr Rime's stats around to pump more into his Speed and perhaps his offenses, at the cost of his defenses. He's got a boringly-balanced stat distribution at present, and the opportunity for another scary offensive Ice-type was missed.

Aurora Veil?
In my opinion Court Change was a missed opinion here and screen cleaner is cool but if it would be screen taker that would take away a screen and make the duration from new start then it would be better.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom