• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What future video games are you currently looking forward to?

The newest Super Robot Wars game. Was not expecting GRIDMAN of all things to show up there but I am so hyped regardless. :bulbaLove:

Hell yeah! Came in here to post this exactly - just preordered it now in fact. What amuses me most is there was a content leak, and they acknowledged there was one. But were also like "GaoGaiGar vs Betterman should come as a surprise to everyone".

Only the second series I'd like to have seen escape the mire of Compact 3, though. But with New Dunbine and now Betterman having done so, surely Escaflowne is next, r-r-right?

And I bet none of them will be the Persona 2 remake I desire.
Well, I never expected to be able to ever play Persona 4 Golden (since I don't have a Vita), but now I can get it on PC. Maybe they could do like the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth port and include the two games in the same package (and giving us access to the bonus content for the first time).

Well, I never expected to be able to ever play Persona 4 Golden (since I don't have a Vita), but now I can get it on PC. Maybe they could do like the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth port and include the two games in the same package (and giving us access to the bonus content for the first time).
I didn't mean a Port of the PSP version but rather a full on Remake a-la FF7:RE with proper voice acting and updated gameplay.

I just learned that Monster Rancher 1 and 2 are coming back to the west in the form of Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX. They will be released on the Switch, iOS, and PC December 9th of this year, which coincides with MR's 25th anniversary. They'll include things such as QoL updates, new content, re-balanced monsters, and online play. All because the fans begged the developers to do so... and they listened and complied. I mean, when does that ever happen?! I'm so stoked for it, as I loved the original versions (especially since I didn't get to play them until my adult years) and to see this underrated gem get the love and attention it deserves is amazing. I'm hoping it'll get a physical release as I really don't like digital downloads taking up memory space, and from what I've heard Japan will get a physical release for the anniversary so here's hoping we get it, too. But the fact that Monster Rancher is starting to regain momentum is huge, thus I'm seriously looking forward to it. If it does get a physical release I will head to Gamestop and reserve a copy pronto, as my old PS1 versions are getting pretty worn out (and yes, I still play them on my PS2 even today). Hopefully more info will be revealed over time so I can know if it'll get a physical version or is a download only, but since it was only just dropped yesterday it'll be a while before then. But man, this fall/winter is going to be a big one for monster games.

I just learned that Monster Rancher 1 and 2 are coming back to the west in the form of Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX. They will be released on the Switch, iOS, and PC December 9th of this year, which coincides with MR's 25th anniversary. They'll include things such as QoL updates, new content, re-balanced monsters, and online play. All because the fans begged the developers to do so... and they listened and complied. I mean, when does that ever happen?! I'm so stoked for it, as I loved the original versions (especially since I didn't get to play them until my adult years) and to see this underrated gem get the love and attention it deserves is amazing. I'm hoping it'll get a physical release as I really don't like digital downloads taking up memory space, and from what I've heard Japan will get a physical release for the anniversary so here's hoping we get it, too. But the fact that Monster Rancher is starting to regain momentum is huge, thus I'm seriously looking forward to it. If it does get a physical release I will head to Gamestop and reserve a copy pronto, as my old PS1 versions are getting pretty worn out (and yes, I still play them on my PS2 even today). Hopefully more info will be revealed over time so I can know if it'll get a physical version or is a download only, but since it was only just dropped yesterday it'll be a while before then. But man, this fall/winter is going to be a big one for monster games.
Now this got me curious about something: how will you get the monsters in the remake?

Now this got me curious about something: how will you get the monsters in the remake?
Apparently you scroll through an online CD database of some sort.
This should mean some of the super rare promotional monsters like Moo will be more attainable.

That game brings me back. I remember I got a Gali from the disc of one of my old PC games (I think it was Myth: The Fallen Lord or it's sequel) that quickly became one of my favourite monsters.
Definitely looking forward to the re-release. Way more convenient than trying to run them off my barely-functioning PS2.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Well, judging by the Japanese playerbase who have been using this setup for at least a year now, I think it's safe to say that it'll be fine, as there haven't been any complaints from them. Even in the mobile version. If anything, like @Daren said it'll make rare and hard-to-obtain monsters like Moo, Poison, Express Worm, and others much more readily available. And considering that this remake/remaster/whatever managed to fix the various bugs, glitches, and coding errors of the original PSX version means it'll be a much smoother and less player hostile experience (bye-bye errantry bug!). So you can rest easy knowing that the online CD catalog feature won't be a problem, as the Japanese players haven't issued a single complaint about it as far as I've searched.

I meant in the sense of "what happens when the servers inevitably shut down?"

If I had to guess the database could be downloaded directly into the Switch/PC/mobile to prevent it from becoming unusable after the servers eventually shut down. There isn't any specific information on that, especially since most of the info regarding the database is outdated by now, but it's possible. It could also be part of it from the get-go and all you need is wifi to access it the first time. If not, there is also the chance that the physical copy that is coming out to mark the 25th anniversary will have the database already in it and might get upgraded over time with more recent CDs, as it is stated to have all the current CDs in the database. We still don't know if anyone outside of Japan will get the physical version, but if we do and it contains the CD database inside it then it shouldn't be a issue. It's still months away so any other info regarding it is still hazy but given the nature of Monster Rancher's unlocking methods (and the fact that the devs actually listened to fan requests and made it into a reality) I doubt they'll leave the database locked behind a server. They're not GameFreak, after all. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom