• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What future video games are you currently looking forward to?

Damn, that new trailer for Digimon: Survive has me so hyped. :bulbaLove:

Lots of new footage, plus we get to see that the decisions do indeed affect Agumon's Champion Evolution as the GOAT Tyrannomon shows up in a cutscene that we saw previously but had Greymon.

1654888765072.png

Cardfight Vanguard Dear Days, none of the games for Vanguard have come to the U.S. and this is the first one finally confirmed to do so. I've been a fan of this card game anime for years but I don't have the means to play (as in no group or deck) or invest in the game and I'm so happy this is coming so I can play the game in some way.

And what really should be obvious, XenoBlade Chronicles 3 baby!! End of July, game of the year that won't be acknowledged by the Death Stranding Awards but who cares!!

Unlikely given the ENG trailer that dropped yesterday still had the JPN dub.
Man... I will give it a chance, but hopefully it doesn't have a screechy character like Nokia was... And please... Let Agumon have another voice once it evolves! I couldn't take Omnimon nor the Royal Knight Veemon evo seriously in Cyber Sleuth because they still had their kid voices on.

So...rounding up some of the information from various interviews for FF16. It's not "open world" but more like six giant sandboxes, one for each country it seems. You can control the summons for giant Kaiju fights and each one has a completely different style. Party members do exist, but they're all AI controlled unfortunately.

Hmm, I'm in two minds. On the one hand, it not being full open world is something I'm okay with, but the Party being AI only is worrying.

Looking forward to Xenoblade 3, but might not get it at release to wait for all the walkthroughs and stuff to come out. I actually really needed them for 2, and I'm really gonna need them if XB3 is truly open-world and the first two actually were only partially open world. That and I still need to buy and play Torna.

Didn't realize the new Digimon game was actually going to be coming out for the Switch, so at least paying attention to it now. I've been considering if I should try Digimon for a while. I always hear mixed things about it from Pokemon fans, but nothing really concrete about what makes it good or bad. Might pick up the other one that's already out first, but I don't know how beginner-friendly either of them are.

I have wanted Temtem for yeaaars and now that it finally has a Switch release date, I can be excited for it again!! September get here sooner :bulbaLove:

So...rounding up some of the information from various interviews for FF16. It's not "open world" but more like six giant sandboxes, one for each country it seems. You can control the summons for giant Kaiju fights and each one has a completely different style. Party members do exist, but they're all AI controlled unfortunately.

Hmm, I'm in two minds. On the one hand, it not being full open world is something I'm okay with, but the Party being AI only is worrying.
This doesn't bode well for me... Mostly because it makes me think of the whole situation with Legends, which I didn't enjoy much, and the fights looked... well, they weren't RPG-like in any way in my opinion, which is also a big negative. Guess I'm leaning on "pass" for now.

Live a Live remake.
I never got the original game but I'm familiar with it through other means and look forward to finally playing it (last few years have had a lot of that with old Square RPGs).

This doesn't bode well for me... Mostly because it makes me think of the whole situation with Legends, which I didn't enjoy much, and the fights looked... well, they weren't RPG-like in any way in my opinion, which is also a big negative. Guess I'm leaning on "pass" for now.
The combat director is the guy behind Devil May Cry 5’s combat iirc so it’ll definitely be different to anything before.

The producer of the game said that fans told him that the FF series had become “stale”, but I don’t know if completely tossing out everything that came before is really the way to go. You might attract newcomers, but you risk alienating the old fans as a result.

I just learned that Capcom is releasing the MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection next year. All 10 Battle Network games, with new features, art galleries, music tracks, and more. I am so pumped to see that, as I've been wishing for a Battle Network legacy collection for a while now. It'll be both for Switch and PS4, both physical and digital. Battle Network is my favorite MegaMan series and a core part of my childhood. I cannot wait for 2023 so I can play MegaMan Battle Network on my Switch and PS4. I've been playing it on the Wii U VC for the most part but soon I'll be able to play it on the go again. Lan and Hub/MegaMan, here I come!

MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection, yo! That's honestly the only new thing that really caught my eye during the direct. Everything else was very yeah whatever. Lorelei and the Laser Eyes has a cool aesthetic, and Blanc looks vey cute but I honestly don't know if I'll ever play either, especially with Blanc being seemingly co-op only?

I guess the new info for Sonic Frontiers was also kinda neat.

I'm excited for Scarlet & Violet, of course, but other than Pokémon, I can't wait for the sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! LoZ is easily my second favorite video game series (Pokemon is first) so I'm always exited for a new game to come out even if I still haven't finished the older ones.

Back
Top Bottom