• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What future video games are you currently looking forward to?

As stated before I'm looking forward to MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection. However, I just learned that online Net Battles are going to be possible. That probably just jacked up the hype for the Legacy Collection by several levels. While I've never Net Battled any other player, as I was basically the only one who played Battle Network back in the day back at my old home, this opens the door to some new and interesting possibilities. I wonder if it'll also allow you access to the secret/lost chips in each Battle Network game, like the Gospel and Boktai chips. But it appears that Capcom is actually going above and beyond for the Battle Network Legacy Collection compared to past ones. Now, if they'd only give Breath of Fire another chance. But overall I'm now really looking forward for the Battle Network Legacy Collection.

I'm actually looking forward to quite a few of the games from the Direct. I've been interested in Harvestella from the start so I played the demo and enjoyed it, a few issues with it but I feel like I'll enjoy the full release. Just hate that it comes out just a few weeks before Pokemon, but gives me something to do before then at least.

Fire Emblem Engage looks neat. Still been meaning to try the series though so might get Three Houses first. Meant to do that a while ago.

I had never heard of Ryza or the Atelier series before but it looked like a cute, fun game to me so I'll at least look into it. Not sure I'll have time to look for and get the previous games though.

Lots of other games that I'll at least keep an eye on.

Assimilating everything I'm currently aware of into one post for the sake of convenience:
  • I'm definitely excited for Crisis Core, since I'm actually kinda interested in FFVII now after playing Remake.
  • Resident Evil 8 Winters DLC drops next month and I am very excited for that one. I feel like I'll probably do another Ethan run before starting on the Rose scenario, though whether I get it out of the way before the DLC drops or wait for that 3rd-person mode is up in the air.
  • God of War Ragnarok drops in November, but I don't see myself getting it right away. Too much that month already, gonna hafta wait.
  • Scarlet and Violet, of course.
  • And, to the surprise of absolutely nobody who's been paying attention to my posts in this thread over the past month or two, Sonic Frontiers has got me. I'm buying that shit day 1 and going ham. I am all in on Frontiers.

In the immediate future, the games on my radar releasing before the end of 2022 are Valkyrie Elysium, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet, The Diofield Chronicle, Mario and Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Harvestella, and Crisis Core.

Looking a tiny bit further, Fire Emblem Engage comes out in January so I'm also looking forward to that.

Suikoden I and II are getting a remaster!
Hopefully with the numerous bugs II had fixed, and a less "flawed" localization.
See? This is why I say the 2020's have been a great year for obscure games! And considering they are getting a remaster, I don't think they will use the old translation (or at least, that's what I hope considering SaGa Frontier fixed lots of things translation wise).

So like, Konami just had its version of a Pokémon Direct but for "Silent Hill" and it was mindblowing.

Silent Hill 2 Remake.
A new SH movie by the original director.
Two new SH games, one of which is being written by Ryukishi07 of all people.

I am so excited to see what the possibilities bring, hopefully Silent Hill is back for good this time after P.T.

Tentatively considering Assassin's Creed Mirage which is the future installment of assassins creed. If it's like the third game then I want no part of it as I got started with AC around Syndicate maybe...Syndicate or Origins (don't remember which) and was right away thrown into open world. Then you get AC 3 and that...is a waste of the money I paid for it sadly in my opinion due to the fixed missions and being unable to do open world like odyssey, origins and even Valhalla.

Looking forward to violet and scarlet coming out.

Harry Potter Legacy.

The Silent Hill 2 looked good, even if the weird bug human thing was creepy. Not to mention the stupidity of going near his wife and into the foggy desolate city...too many years of watching horror movies tells me that's not a smart or good thing to do and ends badly. Never played the games so might seriously consider that one. Well...I would if it was for ps4...looks like it might be for ps5 and pc but I rarely play games on pc and don't have a ps5. Guess I'll just watch the let's play versions when people get the game on youtube.

Only 10 days until Tactics Ogre Reborn launches, oddly enough it comes out the same day the current Pokémon anime climax battle ends.

Pre-release videos and info have been incredibly hype building. I really hope this does well and revives the series, it was one of my childhood darlings.

Harvestella comes out this Friday, looking forward to that. I saw in an article that they actually improved some of the major issues like the time speed based on feedback, so that's huge. I already found the demo enjoyable enough to buy the full game but it should be much more enjoyable if it doesn't take 30 in-game minutes to leave the house anymore. I probably won't finish it before Pokemon and I wish it came out last month instead, but it is what it is.

Naturally excited for Scarlet/Violet. For some reason I don't feel as hype as usual, but that may be a mix of personal issues and just exhaustion from Pokemon discourse. I wasn't as excited for Legends either until a few days before, so I'll probably get excited af in a few weeks.

Tales of Symphonia remake.

Fire Emblem Engage.

Back
Top Bottom