• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What games did you grow up with (aside Pokemon)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Pokemon Red was my very first game, I had an N64, and I've played on it for nearly 6 years(maybe even more) then broke.

As a kid, I've played Turok 2&3, Banjo&Kazooie, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on N64

Then we got a computer which also broke because viruses :/

and on that computer, I've played Counter Strike: Source? I think? It was so old, lol.. a game called Delta Force, Roller Coaster Tycoon, and Jurassic Park.

Oh, and those Jumpstart games....ohh those were the days..

Petz 4 (the older P.F. Magic PC game, not the newer Ubisoft stuff) I still do play it actually, there's still a dedicated community and everything. :)

Spyro and Creatures: Raised in Space on the PS1

Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart DD, SSB Melee etc on the Gamecube.

Zoo Tycoon.

Neopets, which is actually owned by Jumpstart now. As of 2013 I think.

I was 12 when PC games are starting to get really popular. So some PC games I grow up with are Starcraft, Warcraft III, Counterstrike,
Battle Realms, Red Alert, Grim Fandango, The Sims.

Generally, Sonic and Mario titles. Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Sonic the Hedgehog, and A Link to the Past to start, and then I got into Super Mario 64 and Jet Force Gemini before the Dreamcast was in my home. The first game I put hours and hours into was Sonic Adventure, and when Sonic Adventure 2 came out I snatched that up, too. Eventually I got a Gamecube and then the most prominent games I played were Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon LeafGreen, Halo 3, Pokemon Platinum, and The Simpson's: Hit and Run.

When I got into my teenage years I started to get more into Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Chrono Trigger, Halo 3: ODST, Minecraft, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and the original Paper Mario among a slew of other titles.

Throughout the stages of my life...

Earliest (very vaguely in my memory) NES games likes Mega Man 2 and Bug's Bunny's Birthday Blow-Out (LOL, I know). A little later on (and much, much clearer in my memory) would be Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Mario Kart 64. After that I really got into Pokemon, I just can't avoid mentioning it. In my early teens the most fondest of games were Super Smash Bros. Melee and Animal Crossing... Oh, Animal Crossing, perhaps the game I got the most addicted to ever.

In my mid-teens I had a shift in interests, but I still had a few games: The Sims, The Sims 2, Kingdom Hearts II, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I turned 18 right when Twilight Princess came out, so it was the tail-end of my childhood. It was the end of my childhood both by age and psychologically... TP is the odd game that I have the most nostalgia for because of this. It is not a happy nostalgia at all... But that's not for this topic. lol

I got introduced to gaming with the PC, mainly playing side-scrolling platformers and early FPS’s from Id Software, including the Commander Keen series, Wolfenstein 3D and Doom, and at least a few other platformers from Apogee Software, including Cosmo’s Cosmic Adventure and Crystal Caves. As well as Star Wars: Rebel Assault and the X-wing series from LucasArts.

It wasn’t until ’99 when I got my first console, the Nintendo 64, and played (besides Pokémon Stadium) Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, Star Fox 64, and a few others. I got my Game Boy Color for Christmas later that year, but mainly just played Pokémon games on that, for a while.

Stuff for the NES, SNES, and N64 with a little bit of Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn sprinkled here and there. The big four titles I grew up with were Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and Mega Man games.

I miss Clockwork Knight so much... I loved that series to death and wish they would revive it.

warcraft 3 and luigi's mansion/melee were really the only games I played beside pokemon when I was little.

I grew up on Runescape and Maplestory. It infuriates me that the experience curves for these two games have been drastically smoothened out -- kids these days won't know the pain of the pioneer generations! D:<

Aside from Pokemon I'll just list them lol.

007 Goldeneye 64
The Donkey Kong Countries (NES)
Power Stone 2
Bomberman 64
GTA Vice City and San Andreas
Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heros
Crash Team Racing
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Mario Party 1,2,3,4 and 6
Shinning Forces 1,2 and 3
Need For Speed Most Wanted

I grew up with the ps1
I had Crash Bash, Crash bandicoot 3 warped and twisted metal.

I eventually got a ps2 and had NFS most wanted C:

Mainly Mario and Zelda games. (Sunshine, Wind Waker, etc...)

an NES.
From 10 years ago.
Even when I was young, that was all I had XD

Mario 1-3, World
Zelda 1
Silent Hill 1-4
Mortal Kombat 1-8
Resident Evil 1-4
Fatal Frame 1-3

When I was a kid we didn't have any consoles, just a PC so most of my other games were for that. I remember I used to be super into RTS games; Age of Empires, Starcraft, Warcraft, Command and Conquer and the like. Kind of odd that I don't care for those kinds of games at all anymore. I also played a whole lot of those "Sim-" games and old RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Might and Magic.

As a teen Guild Wars was pretty much all I played other than Pokemon, though I didn't really play video games all that much at that time. It wasn't until I was an adult that I really got into other Nintendo franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom