• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What games make you cry or feel bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother 3 was the only one that I had teared up.

Pokemon Sun/Moon's ending somehow made me feel heavy-hearted, especially since Lillie's departure was one of the only things not spoiled to me by the internet and actually knowing how Lillie feels during the adventure

idk, no other game made me cry or feel heavy-hearted.

Katawa Shoujo made me bawl, specifically the opening scene with Hisao's heart attack and his extended stay in the hospital. Medical stuff tends to make me rather emotional. I never actually got around to finishing the game, but I did spoil myself on each girl's route and ending, and the one that moved me to tears was Rin's.

Minecraft Story Mode for some reason. Why did they kill Reuben!!!???!!! *runs off crying*

Tales of Zestiria was able to do this rather well, especially when things started getting heavy as the story went on.
For starters, Dezel sacrificing himself to save Rose and his final moments with her, and they were even able to keep that feeling going for a while after the scene was done since the game told you to wander around Pendrago and talk to your party members about it.
The next big moment came during the final confrontation with Heldalf, since, you know, Sorey and Mickleo literally killing the man who is essentially their father.
Then came the moment when Sorey sacrificed all 4 of the Seraphim to take out Heldalf and then became the vessel for Maotelus and went into a coma for god knows how long, and then Rose's funeral and Sorey and Mickleo reuniting in the epilogues.

Several Final Fantasy games have made me cry. Crisis Core's ending crushed me despite it being a foregone conclusion, X's ending is very sad (actually, the last few hours of that game are in general), Type-0's really got me, and a certain letter someone wrote in the end of IX made me tear up. XV too. XIII-2 and Lightning Returns have some Noel-centric scenes like that too.

Sonic Adventure 2's ending always gets me as well, with what happens to a certain character and the music that plays afterward. Even though obviously I know everything is okay because there have been like 15 years of games since then featuring that character lol, the execution of the scenes still work very well. Damn you, Sonic Heroes, for bringing that character back too early though. actually damn that game for a lot of things Should have waited until the next anniversary (Sonic 2006) to do that, would've been really exciting.

Some Skies of Arcadia scenes (particularly ones about Drachma and his son, and consequently a notable scene with Rhaknam) make me sad too.

I know it's popular to trash on this game now for some reason, but the beginning of Heavy Rain freaks me out too, in a sad way.
though like, come on, Jason, get your act together and not run into a busy road for a balloon of all things
Along with the scene when you see the Origami Killer's tragic backstory. Probably helps that the Origami Killer is my favorite character though lol.

Oh, and L.A. Noire's ending too. That one was sad. I'm one of the people who actually liked the way it ended a lot, but sad nonetheless.

I felt super sad when Aeris died in Final Fantasy VII, even though we all knew it was coming.

Also the ending to Pokémon X and Y hit me in the feels.

I agree with @Lone_Garurumon about Xion in particular.

Explorers of Sky tugged at my heart strings, as did the ending of Sonic Adventure 2.

Speaking of SA2, I get emotional if a Chao dies and doesn't come back as an egg.

Parts of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth also were pretty sad later on in the game.

Also in Zoo Tycoon 2, when animals on exhibit for X amount of time die of old age, especially if I've grown attached to them.

Last but not least, in Impossible Creatures, when Rex found out that his father was dead. He spent the entire game trying to find him.

Tales of Zestiria again
Eizen. Anyone who's finished the sidequest knows exactly what I'm talking about. Edna's brother is gone, and the only way to save him is to kill him. In the back of her mind, Edna knew that all along, but she clung to the hope of finding another way. She didn't. And then when she learned he actually wanted to die, "When I become a dragon, kill me, I don't want Edna to suffer through it.", and when it actually came time to do it, it destroyed her. Seeing the normally snarky and sarcastic Edna just break down in tears is just devastating. And yet, when it truly came down to it, she wanted to be the one to do it. And I let her.

I got sad when my file for Pokemon Blue got erased two times. One classmate with a Silver Version wanted three starter Pokemon from my Blue Version. He said he will start a new file on my game and he won't save the new file. But, you cannot complete a trade without saving first and he saved the new file he started on my Blue Version and all of my Pokemon got erased. And another time when my file got erased again, I think a classmate took my Game Boy out of my backpack when I was not in the classroom and erased my file.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory definitely got me crying at the ending. I'm not sure if being bittersweet rather than straight up sad made the feels better or worse though/
The last case of Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations is probably the only game to make me straight up cry. ^^; Dragon Age has got me really attached to all the characters, though, so that's a close second.
Well that's reassuring being the case I'm playing right now.

I didn't cry, but several moments in Final Fantasy 5 nearly made me jerk a tear. Syldra's death in particular.

I listened to an acoustic arrangement of 'Nostalgia', which plays during these moments, and god did it hit the feels.

Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.

My heart feels like it's been gouged out by a very thoughtless child. After my first play-through, I was melancholy for about three days. 5th Cell are my favourite sadists, but sheezus they crushed my soul for a while there. Too tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom