• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

My Galar ranking from the ones I like the most to the ones I like the least, is this one. Currently lacks DLC content.

Ranking%2BGalar.png

Galar forms don't have an image, but I classified them in tiers.

• Great: Darmanitan, Stunfisk, Corsola
  • Good: Darumaka, Ponyta, Weezing
  • OK: Zigzagoon, Linoone, Yamask
  • Mediocre: Rapidash, Farfetch'd, Meowth, Mr. Mime.
  • Bad: Slowbro, Slowpoke

Same with Gigantamax. Armor forms aren't included yet.

• Great: Melmetal, Lapras, Centiskorch
  • Good: Grimmsnarl, Alcremie, Butterfree, Toxtricity, Charizard, Kingler, Pikachu
  • OK: Machamp, Sandaconda, Gengar Orbeetle, Snorlax, Coalossal
  • Mediocre: Meowth, Flapple/Appletun, Dreadnaw
  • Bad: Hatterene, Garbodor, Duraludon, Corviknight, Eevee, Duraludon

Originally I would've said Hattrem but I think I'd say Frosmoth now. I like moths (even if we have a lot of them), and this one has a nice design. Plus, it's a unique type combination which is cool I guess.

Last edited:
Scorbunny/Cinderace, my starter in my home region and love him in the anime.

Yamper/Boltund would come 2nd because he reminds me of my actual dog its not very good in battle, but then i dont think my actual dog would be good in a battle either, hes scared of the cat

These Pokémon are the only place in my heart of the entirety of Gen. VIII: Obstagoon (and the new Galarian pre-evos) and Toxtricity.
The first is simply a sick Glam fellow to my beloved Lycanroc, the only thing that I dislike it's the X pose and Toxtricity is the Punk Rocker that is filled with Poison and fitting of Roxie. I don't like the new humanoid vibe that GF has lately, namely with starters, but they've nailed this ones and together with Lycanroc and Zoroark, they look an awesome gang!

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 4.44.27 PM.png

Pincurchin won my heart and not Snom. I've been anticipating Pincurchin Pokemon Center plush the moment I saw Pincurchin last November. I'm so happy I got this last July. I'll collect all Pincurchin merch out there.

The Sobble Line definitely placed itself as one of my favorite Starter Lines of all time.

No lies here Inteleon is definitely my comfort Pokémon.

It makes me feel like I can also grow from being cowardly, shy, and anxiety-ridden to the gun wielding confident gay badass that I strive to be in life. :coffee:

I know a lot of people don't like the line but it's just a really encouraging line for me. It gives me hope lol

In other news I also like the Scorbunny line, Grookey, Toxtricity, Impidimp, and Hatterene tho I don't really talk about them much

Cinderace I just how happy it and how confident it becomes on its final evolution. I also liked Sobble as well.

Favorite Galarian form is Yamask and its evolution.

Sirfetch'd, which is sad because I prefer Madame. Cursola is too depressing and I'm rather indifferent to most Galar Pokemon, but there's something about Flapple I like.

I remember the photo-leaks from last year, one week or so before launch. I kept refreshing the Resetera subforum, wanting to see every glimpse of the new Gen 8 Pokémon. The 'mons were obviously not confirmed yet, and a few (bad) fakes were also being shared.

The first few being shared, were the mid-evo's of Grookey and Sobble. Then came pics of Toxel, Cuffant, G-Meowth... A few hours later, when the leaking player was around Glimwood Forest, a picture of Morgrem was shared. I was like, this is probably it; The final, and only, evolution of Impidimp. I felt a bit impartial about it, 'okay', but not amazing.

Then a surprise-picture of Grimmsnarl was shared. Holy shit. I never expected the magical hair-theme; Using it as his weapon. A grizzly, devilish creature, looking a bit like Aku from Samurai Jack. Amazing. I was sold. Fairy/Dark, even.

And then he was confirmed to be real.

My new favorite.

Was never really a fan of much of the Gen 8 designs. Some of them looked too cartoonish. Especially Grimmsnarl.But if I had to pick one....I would day the Dreepy line. I really like Dragapault and how it's head is a stealth bomber.

GALARIAN PONYTA/RAPIDASH. A new full magical unicorn look for my childhood favorite? YES. And it's Fairy-type (sorta)? YES. I was hyped up the moment that 24-hour livestream revealed it and I saw it!
Ugh. I remember that damn livestream. There was a whole bunch of nothing,and then in the last 5 minutes or so galarian ponyta comes out.

Ugh. I remember that damn livestream. There was a whole bunch of nothing,and then in the last 5 minutes or so galarian ponyta comes out.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of it lasting so long was myself. But at least the reveal was awesome! To me, anyway.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the point of it lasting so long was myself. But at least the reveal was awesome! To me, anyway.

I think they made it 24 hours so that people in all time zones would have a chance to tune in - they weren't expecting anyone to watch the whole thing. What they didn't take into account, though, was the poor webmasters of Pokemon fan sites, like Joe Merrick, who actually stayed awake for the full 24 hours in order to provide us with up-to-the-minute news coverage!

I actually have quite fond memories of that stream - I only tuned in for relatively short periods here and there, but it was very atmospheric, and quite relaxing. It was amazing to see so much buzz and excitement around a new Pokemon reveal. Galarian Ponyta (and Rapidash) is one of my favourite new Pokemon, mostly because I love the design, but the interesting way it was revealed might have also played a part.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom