• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

They could've set expectations a bit, though. It also took a while before G. Ponyta was officially announced to the public.

It basically emulated a wildlife cam, and those things are fairly dull most of the time. I think it was a fun little promotion, it got people talking, it was an interesting spin on a real life thing. And if you wanna tune in for a full 24 hours, well that's your (bad) decision to make

I think they made it 24 hours so that people in all time zones would have a chance to tune in - they weren't expecting anyone to watch the whole thing. What they didn't take into account, though, was the poor webmasters of Pokemon fan sites, like Joe Merrick, who actually stayed awake for the full 24 hours in order to provide us with up-to-the-minute news coverage!

I actually have quite fond memories of that stream - I only tuned in for relatively short periods here and there, but it was very atmospheric, and quite relaxing. It was amazing to see so much buzz and excitement around a new Pokemon reveal. Galarian Ponyta (and Rapidash) is one of my favourite new Pokemon, mostly because I love the design, but the interesting way it was revealed might have also played a part.

Yeah, that is a good point, actually. I only tuned into it a few times myself because, of course, I wasn't going to spend 24 hours on one livestream. lol

It’s kind of weird of them to exclude features due to "target audience's short attention span" and then make a marketing move which tests the attention spans of even the most patient people.

'Target audience's short attention span'? That's a worthless argument. They just didn't set expectations accordingly.

Runerigus is definitely the most unexpected. The first Galarian Yamask I ran into happened to be Shiny, so I caught it and made it part of my team, and it ended up being a really great addition.
As for Galarian forms themselves, Meowth. I'll never not be a sucker for Meowth and its evos, no matter the form lol.

Runerigus is definitely the most unexpected. The first Galarian Yamask I ran into happened to be Shiny, so I caught it and made it part of my team, and it ended up being a really great addition.
As for Galarian forms themselves, Meowth. I'll never not be a sucker for Meowth and its evos, no matter the form lol.

I used a (non-shiny) Runerigus on my first playthrough too. I love the way that all of its pieces fit together to form a picture, it's a really clever design.

It's been surprising to see Meowth getting so much special treatment of late. Its evolution family is getting quite big!

Screenshot (18).png

Another Pokemon that's won a piece of my heart lately is Stonjourner. It has a mystical vibe thanks to its interesting lore, but at the same time, it's also endearingly silly. I like that juxtaposition. I've been enjoying seeing them ambling around the Crown Tundra.

874Stonjourner_Dream.png

Another Pokemon that's won a piece of my heart lately is Stonjourner. It has a mystical vibe thanks to its interesting lore, but at the same time, it's also endearingly silly. I like that juxtaposition. I've been enjoying seeing them ambling around the Crown Tundra.

View attachment 137891
I found a shiny one who I like.

Runerigus, Eternatus, Grimmsnarl, Falinks, Galarian Weezing, and the Z-wolves are probably my favorite designs from the new bunch.

It’s kind of weird of them to exclude features due to "target audience's short attention span" and then make a marketing move which tests the attention spans of even the most patient people.

The people making specific game design choices are not necessarily the same people making the marketing choices. Often times, these are totally different departments with different goals in mind. Game developers are wanting to focus on what will keep people engaged while actually playing the game, while marketers are trying to determine what will grab the most attention in social and commercial media spheres, typically before the game is out. These aims can overlap, but don't always.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom