• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What Gen 8 Pokemon Won the Biggest Piece of your Heart?

Calyrex kind of has grown on me. While I always thought its design was strange at first, it does make sense when its in Rider form. I did enjoy the story and how they actually gave a Pokemon a voice- the first time in the games despite being in the anime like forever. Calyrex and its steeds are interesting Pokemon lore wise in SwSh definitely. And, while they did reuse fusion, its less of a fusion and more of Calyrex mounting its steeds.

Its not all perfect though, I'm disappointed that Calyrex wasn't Grass type in mounted form, because we have yet to have a Grass cover legendary so that was disappointing to learn that it was not a Grass type fused. I also don't like how its completely dependent on fusion, because without Fusion, its literally a worse Celebi.

Just curious.
Just a thread that is about your favorite gen 8 pokemon or the most appreciated pokemon of gen 8 in your opinion.
I know for me it is Appletun :bulbaLove:
Funny you should say won my heart. I was getting a heart x-ray when swsh was revealed and Thats when I first saw Scorbunny. This rabbit is too cute and I love its entire evolution line.

The Toxel line, but I also like the Scorbunny line and Dottler (couldn't care less about the rest of its evolution line tho)

Inteleon. It’s great to see a Pokémon that starts out so scared and as a crybaby evolve into a complete badass.
Also, the animation for Snipe Shot is amazing. The confidence on Inteleon’s face, and even closing its eyes before shooting. Fantastic.

As others have mentioned, there were lots of good Pokémon that captured my heart this time around but if I had to pick one, I’d say it’s Alcremie for sure! It’s design is cute and lovable already but add in the fact you’re able to customize them however you want is fantastic!
View attachment 128969
View attachment 128970
View attachment 128971
View attachment 128972
What are your favorite combinations? My favorite flavors are Mint, Ruby, Salted, Matcha, and Vanilla and my favorite sweets are the Clover sweet, the heart sweet, the blueberry sweet, the ribbon sweet, and the flower sweet.
And while I have issues with how Gigantamax Pokémon are obtained, I think Alcremie easily has one of the best ones and I wish it was an evolution instead. Also it has a cookies and cream shiny!
But Pokemon that got really close were Galarian Ponyta, Grookey, Cinderace, Dreepy, Centiskorch, the Sinistea line, the Snom line, and female Indeedee.
I’ve already posted about how much I love Alcremie but with Gen 8 coming to an end, I wanted to make an appreciation post about my favorite Gen 8 line overall; the Dragapult line. While I feel like Centiskorch and Galarian Ponyta are my favorite Gen 8 Pokémon overall, I feel like there’s layers upon layers to why I love the Dreepy line and I keep on finding new/remembering things about the line that makes me love them even more

1. First thing, Dreepy reminds me of book!Toothless! In the HTTYD books, Toothless is a small chaotic(ally disobedient) green dragon. Forget flying a human on his back, his most notable capabilities are screaming and biting. I love the book series so already I had affection for the little guy from the get go.
FgXuwMEXoAEZFYb

FgXuwMLWQAAmFqO

1668745139970.jpeg

1668745194904.jpeg

1668745253317.jpeg
And I just realized last month the connection gets better with Galar’s gimmick Dynamax, Dreepy being an ancient sea creature, the line being the Psuedo-Legendaries of the region (some of the most powerful Pokémon in the game), and Toothless being a baby Seadragonus Giganticus Maximus, canonically the most biggest, strongest, most ancient dragon in the series
FgXx60aXoAIPXtl

index.php

2. If that wasn’t enough, these guys have so much personality! I find most Psuedo-Legendaries to be just stoic and badass but these guys have more than that and it continues into the final form. You’ve got Dreepy liking to be launched at mach speed, Dragapult yeeting the children, Drakloak being a caretaker, the line battling as a family unit (imagine if these guys had Parental Bond). Like my favorite member of the line is Drakloak. If you ever have the time or need a lift, I highly recommend searching up all the cute/funny art/comics/memes of Drakloak adopting other Pokémon to nurture in place of a Dreepy. Really feel like we missed out on a fun TRio-twerp team up episode about finding a Drakloak’s Dreepy after it takes Meowth+small cute secondary walking Pokémon in this series.

3. I admit I was reluctant to evolve my Drakloak since I like Drakloak more than Dragapult but I finally had to after the Galar League and it really paid off. I know it’s something everybody already knows but Dragapult was so powerful and fun to use, especially with Dragon Darts and Phantom Force! It also helps that it still retains personality too such as the way it’ll play and prank the other Pokémon in the Camp feature

4. Dreepy has an infamously small movepool but I feel you can still work with what it’s got. I unfortunately have not been able to test this theory those due to catching mine as a Drakloak. May try to hatch and raise a Dreepy at some point. Meanwhile Dragapult has so many great moves you can have on it; Dragon Rush, Dragon Darts, PHANTOM FORCE, U-Turn, Double Hit, Dragon Pulse, the list goes on!

5. Dragapult’s a STEALTH DRAGON! I don’t think it gets talked enough and I constantly forget but Dragapult can turn invisible, appear and disappear, in the blink of an eye. It’s mostly seen in the Pokémon Camp feature (where it’s a way for the species to play) but the fact it has the capability to do that adds an additional cool factor to it and so much creativity to using one in writing. You’ve essentially got a war plane ghost-dragon that’s a nurturing parent, can launch living missiles at you capable of thinking on their own and locking onto you as a target, that can turn invisible.
0D330D34-A906-4CD3-B8A7-C20DD00D4E18.jpeg

46C90FED-A6C8-42DB-B8ED-AC56A7A65B3B.jpeg

So yeah, while I love Gen 8 Pokémon such as Centiskorch, Alcremie, Galarian Ponyta, and Hisuian Pokémon such as Hisui. Samurott and Arcanine, I feel like I could gush on and on about the Dragapult line and constantly discover something new that makes me appreciate them more.

Attachments

• 1668745403754.jpeg
    1668745403754.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 81
My favorites are Drednaw, Polteageist, Centiskorch, Dragapult and Wooloo. Also I love many of the Gmax Pokemon forms, especially Gmax Charizard.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom