• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Gen Do You Think Gen V Most Resembles?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
You know, Gen II was an expansion of Gen I, Gen III was styled after Gen I, and Gen IV was sort of like Gen III's Gen II. How do you think Gen V will go? I think it'll favor Gen's I and II for some reason, if the promotions the Beasts and Celebi are pre-released clues to go by.

A lot of people think that it's styled like Gen I and II, but I don't agree, I would either call it an all-generations mix, or a whole new gen.

Hihidaruma looks like it could've been a Gen I or Gen II Poke, but take a look at the legendaries, I don't remember seeing anything like Zekrom in the GB(C) games. And after all, those are like only 10% of all new Pokemon, we don't know what we're going to see in the future.

As for Region, or the Map, it looks completely new, very different from other regions. So I guess this Generation is really a NEW one.

Gen 5 seems quite a bit like Gen 2, since they're both on the console of a previous generation.

Gold and Silver were on the Game Boy, like Gen. 1
Black and White are on the DS, like Gen. 4

I think it's like a whole new generation, the new pokemon don't really resemble any previous pokemon, they look like something totally new. In my opinion some of them look like they could be stuffed animals for babies.:p

i'd say gen III personally, because hoenn "took us away" from kanto and johto, and im hopinggen V will do the same thing. take us from a lot of the stuff we're super familiar with i mean. haha does that make sense?

i'd say gen III personally, because hoenn "took us away" from kanto and johto, and im hopinggen V will do the same thing. take us from a lot of the stuff we're super familiar with i mean. haha does that make sense?
I agree with this, & I also want to add that I think it's a bit like Gen 2 because it's a bit of a "sequal" to Gen 4. Not like how the Gen 2 games were a sequal to the Gen 1 games storyline-wise (course, we don't know yet if Gen 5 will be to Gen 4), but because it's not a total reset like Gen 3 was & that we can play their games on the same system as Gen 4.

You know, Gen II was an expansion of Gen I, Gen III was styled after Gen I, and Gen IV was sort of like Gen III's Gen II. How do you think Gen V will go? I think it'll favor Gen's I and II for some reason, if the promotions the Beasts and Celebi are pre-released clues to go by.

The whole Zoroark Legendary Beasts are for this:

Lugia rules the Legendary Birds.

Regigigas Rules the Legendary Golems,

Mew Rules the Legendary Guardians

What of the Legendary Dogs? ZOROARK!!! *well thats me!!!!*-Zoroark.

The Legendary Beasts have been Ho-Oh's bitches since around 1998-1999.

I think that Generation V most resembles Gen I and Gen III, mostly because Gen I was the original concept and Gen III was an expansion of the franchise into far-off regions.

Generation V is the combination of both; GameFreak said that the upcoming games would be a rebirth of the franchise (Generation I: back to chromatic titles, male character resembles Red, Zekrom's similar to Mewtwo), whereas it is also in a far-off region (Generation III: in a similar sense when the franchise took to Hoenn, we left the familiar landscape of Kanto/Johto and now in Generation V we take to Isshu, leaving the familiar coasts of Poke-Japan).

The Legendary Beasts have been Ho-Oh's bitches since around 1998-1999.

^Truth

~ Didn't know that Mew controls the Legendary Guardians (you mean the Lake Trio, right?). New Poke-Fact of the day.

As of now, I think it most resembles Gens II and III. II because it's in the same console as the previous one and it's been said BW will be fully compatible with DPPt/HGSS like GSC was with RGBY. And Gen III becaus eit'll bring a lot of changes to the franchise.

~ Didn't know that Mew controls the Legendary Guardians (you mean the Lake Trio, right?). New Poke-Fact of the day.

It doesn't. That guy just assumes, just like he assumed Zoroark was the boss of the beasts, when they were CREATED/REBORN by Ho-Oh, therefore belonging to it.
The lake trio belongs to Arceus. That guy needs to look at Bulbapedia more...

Its looking like the love child between gen I and gen III.

The region LOOKS small, but could be big, so i cant judge on that... but it has a lot of water (like III) and a lot of urban forest (I).

The pokemon look half like something from gen III, 25% gen I, and 25% something so different it looks like a new game :p

Overall, i get an extreme gen III vibe, but with gen I's uniqueness

It doesn't. That guy just assumes, just like he assumed Zoroark was the boss of the beasts, when they were CREATED/REBORN by Ho-Oh, therefore belonging to it.
The lake trio belongs to Arceus. That guy needs to look at Bulbapedia more...

I thought as well. I guess reading that article about the Poke-World's history pays off. Wow.

No, he was talking about the Golems, (Regirock, etc.). He probably said that Mew was the boss because of that movie, but now we know that Regigigas is the boss, not Mew. (although, thinking about it, the only time Lugia was ever seen to be the boss of the birds was in the second movie, so I don't think its game canon)

(although, thinking about it, the only time Lugia was ever seen to be the boss of the birds was in the second movie, so I don't think its game canon)

In Mystery Dungeon, you have to recruit all three to unlock Lugia's chamber or something like that.

I'd say Gen III in terms of structure...new world, new Pokemon, but to a slightly more moderate extent. Part of me is glad we have backwards compatibility, but part of me wishes they dropped it. I know people would be upset, but the only way for the game to truly grow is start over at one point. I don't think we'll be getting any major game play changes when it comes to the battle system, sadly.

For the Pokemon themselves, I'll admit Gear reminded me of Gen I really...mainly due to its name (Gen I had the most names like this)and the fact it does the whole "multiple head" thing Gen I shoved into the ground. Munna reminds me of one of the many middle-dex Johto Pokemon who were really odd and didn't evolve (although we don't know that for sure) such as Gligar and Dunsparce. I don't really know why, but the rest look a bit more modern...but that's not a bad thing at all, nor do I find Gear or Munna to be inferior for the fact they look older either.

Gen III. It is looking like another new start, just like gen III was.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom