• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Gen Do You Think Gen V Most Resembles?

No, he was talking about the Golems, (Regirock, etc.). He probably said that Mew was the boss because of that movie, but now we know that Regigigas is the boss, not Mew. (although, thinking about it, the only time Lugia was ever seen to be the boss of the birds was in the second movie, so I don't think its game canon)

Don't mean to go off-topic but I think in the movie you're talking about "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", Mew wasn't controlling the golems because then they wouldn't have attacked it and Ash + co. It was the 'living rock formation' that was controlling them.

~ ON-TOPIC: I stand by my previous thought on how Generation V is like Generation I and Generation III combined: a new original (?) concept taking place in a foreign region.

I think, like others have said, it resembles gen III because is is a "fresh start."

Its definitely GEN III for me, don't see how it can be closer to the others.

I think Gen V will look most like the fifth generation.

Too late, joke's been done. Twice.

So far, It's really shaping up for me to be Gen II. That was the one that changed everything, the one that brought really important innovations that built the standards.

Looks like the 27th generation all over again. Jesus, Nintendo, when will you learn?

Is it still too late?

There's so far no hint of the evolution and baby-happy Pokemon that Gen IV brought us. Gen III may be a good comparison in that sense. Any other comparisons would be completely premature.

LOL You're late... the joke is already done... 3 times.

FFFF-.

Ok:

-With the fact it has very minor amount Pokémon from older gens; Gen III.
-Region-wise; Gen III? I mean Hoenn had a desert and was tropic. And had many water routes. Then again Hoenn was quite volcanic and this doesn't seem to be case in Isshu.
-With the fact it is playable on DS, Gen II.
-Pokémon design-wise? Gen III and Gen IV.
-Gameplay-wise? With triple battles being in the play, Gen III.

Overall Gen III.

Gen V is most similar to Gen III in that there are far more "new" pokemon than pokemon related to those in earlier gens. Also, there is the introduction of triple battles (which expands on the double battle system introduced in Gen III). There's also a desert and a port city (two features that Hoenn had).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom