• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Generation do you want in D/P?

Choose:

• 1st Gen

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 2nd Gen

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • 3rd Gen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A mix of *add here*

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Moppi

Eventual PokéFan...
Reaction score
Note: If already discussed, please delete moderator. :-D

I noticed that since the 1st generation has been revamped in FireRed and LeafGreen. And the 3rd generation has been completely made in the current vibrant look that it has in the first place... what generation in terms of appearance would you like to dominate the D/P games together with the 4th generation?...

I would hope that the game has all new Pokemon, and a whole new adventure. We've had the old ones played over and over many times, so I think it's time that we had a whole new journey with almost no old ones to start off, and let get a feeling for the new generation.

Besides, the main reason for FR/LG was to make the pokes of the first gen available to us in the third gen, along with a few of the second gen pokes. Emerald completed the list, allowing us to have nearly all of the 386 pokes. It has been confirmed that D/P are backwards compatible with all of the third gen. There would be no need for any additional games remaking any of the previous games, unless they just want to do it. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, though.

On the other side, I would like D/P to have a mix of pokes from all three gens, but I would also like a great amount of new pokes in there as well. Hoenn was like stepping into a whole new pokemon world where all the pokes were new. There were very few instances where an old poke showed up. You can bet your bottom dollar that Pikachu will be somewhere in there. I would not expect to see too many third gen pokes in there, as they just seem out of place beyond Hoenn. Only time can tell. I have no idea when we found out that Ru/Sa were going to feature some past pokemon, but I think we knew that they were going to be there, despite the fact all we were seeing were new pokes everywhere, which turned out to be mostly true. o.o

If I'm understanding you correctly, they should definantly aim for a graphical style reminscent of GSC. Pastalnessism or whatever the word is > all.

Dratini927 said:
I would hope that the game has all new Pokemon, and a whole new adventure. We've had the old ones played over and over many times, so I think it's time that we had a whole new journey with almost no old ones to start off, and let get a feeling for the new generation.

Yes, but it would be like in G/S/C, Johto was a new region, and in the end of the game you tripped to Kanto.
So in the next generation would be a new region but in the end you could go to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sevii Islands.

I'd like it to be like R/S/E, all the new, the good of the old (well mostly.)

Due to the ability to download from the GBA, They won't need to put many old pokemon into the games. That said I hope there still are pleanty inside. Maybe 300-301/302 monsters together among themselves (If 200-150 monsters are new).

However... my favorite monsters have to make it X(
-Sandshrew
-Stabyle
-Cacnea/Cacturne

Last edited:
Some general pokemon like zig or hoothoot or meowth should make it but new stuff mostly. Like in GSC. So you actually have to work to see new pokemon.

I don't really mind about the generation but I would like to see a flying/ground type.

Hihi

I think a thing like Ash does, all reigons, little pump up with new pokemon in previous reigon (Like Kcelceon in Johto), leave all pokemon behind, start again in new reigon, ect.

I want lots of new Pokemon, and very few of the old ones. I'm hoping the Pre-evos/evos of old Pokemon we've seen so far will be the only ones in the game, but unfortunatly for those of us who don't like that stuff... it may be too much to ask. Even now I can picture a pre-evo of Miltank and Tauros that can evolve into one of the two, just like Tyrogue and the Hitmons....

..But here's hoping that we'll at least get a decent variety of completely new Pokemon.

It's funny, because when I first played Sapphire I was disappointed to see so few old Pokemon. Now that I've gotten used to the idea I think it was a very good choice for Nintendo to make. It would also be interesting to see an evolving Legendary, but that one is probably never going to happen.

I want alot of new pokemon but with all generations but in it somewhere. I feel like eventually there will be too many pokemon, but only by like a 10th generation. New pokemon make it more challanging since you need to learn all of their stregnths and weaknesses

Nursejoy's boy said:
they should have a portable computer.
also 4 REGIONs
and stuff like that
more stuff to do
Hmm, I can't see any of these really being feasible. I doubt that they would grant you the liberty of being able to exchange your party Pokemon at any time, nor do I think they could fit four regions on an single DS card and still keep the game engaging.

As for myself, I want to see this generation carve out its own qualities that make it stand out from the crowd. I think that we've had enough of this painfully linear birds-eye view; I'd like to experience the world in new angles and with fresher environments. We've had plenty of caves before, why not do some salt flats? A giant flowery meadow? A thick virgin rainforest?

Whatever occurs, I want this generation to create such a legacy that when see a similar style in another game, we can say "yep, that's the D/P style alright".

As for Pokemon, I'm expecting a fair 15-20% of the new region's dex to be occupied by old favorites, but for the most part I'm expecting this game to be chock-full of new Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom