• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What guy do you want with Ash?

Velvet

Reaction score
I saw the Kishore's post of "What kind of girl do you want with Ash" so I decided to make a thread about what guy you think should be with Ash. Talking about canon characters is allowed, however, talking about kind of guy would suit Ash is also acceptable.

I have my own personal views of which guy should be with Ash, from the canon world: Volkner, due to his aloof and distant attitude yet caring and protective nature would suit Ash along with Flint, whom I can see enjoying having long discussions with Ash and mainly going wild. On another note, I can also see Morty being a good partner for Ash since he seems the type that would sit and listen to Ash and see him for himself and not judge him.

So please discuss on your own views.

Here's a list:

Paul. Cuz opposites attract.

Brock. Since they just seem to enjoy each others company.

Cilan. Cilan is obviously the one pulling the strings, but Ash likes it. He likes it.

Gary. He knows he likes a bad boy.

Well, I'll probably think of more later. But for now, this is what I have.

Either Gary or Brock. Just saying. (Not a BoulderShipper or PalletShipper, just that PalletShipping is more popular in Japan and is slightly in EToP's epilouge, and BoulderShipping because Brock was traveling with Ash for over 600, maybe 700 episodes, so yeah.)

I'll stick to my pairings...
Paul: You can totally feel the love.
Cilan:...He seemed REALLY excited to meet Ash. Really excited. And he admires Ash very much.
Gary: Best friends forever! *shot*
Barry: Well I ship Barry with everyone, sooooo...yah. Nope, no logic behind this one.

Paul is my first choice.

Trip is my second.

Barry is my third.

Drew is my fourth.

Damian is my fifth.

I can on and on but I guess I can decide but by how hott the boys are.

Seeing all these Paul and Cilan comments makes me so happy q_q

But yes, Paul because the UST atmosphere around them is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

And Dento's pretty much confirmed to have a fanboy crush on Ash.

Really though, a lot of people can work with Ash, regardless of gender or age...he's the shounen main character, it's like part of the job description.
(honorable mentions: Brock, Gary, Barry, Drew, Trip, misty, himself [aka malevolentshipping], James, Morrison, Kenyan, Sammy, Giovanni, uuuuhh...yeah...probably more that I'm forgetting, but he's [one of] my fandom whore :p)

I think Ash belongs with Cilan! They're so cute together, and I think Cilan really cares about Ash.

Only one guy I want Ash to be paired with!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kenyan-(2).gif
    Kenyan-(2).gif
    380.2 KB · Views: 1,219
I wouldn't mind seeing Ash with Stephan! I think they're similar enough where it could work!

hopefully ash gets his name right then! that would be embarrassing during certain moments...

Paul or Cilan ALL THE WAY. But I don't think I'd ever want anything outright confirmed canon (not that it ever WOULD be anyway, I guess...). I like the speculation.

I also like Ash with Brock, but only if it's a relationship that has already ended, and both are trying to get over their heartbreak, or something.

Hnng, I forgot Drew. You gotta admit, they look cute even without the interaction Ash gets with the others...

To be bluntly honest, I can't ever see Ash x Gary, Ash x Drew, or Ash x Paul ever working. Especially with Paul, urgh. I don't understand the absolute obsession with Paul, as I can't picture him ever showing affection or ever not not being abusive towards Ash. However, that is simply my opinion. Drew and Gary, I can somewhat see Gary x Ash, but I think it wouldn't last that look. It was be awkward. VERY awkward.

And Drew.... no comment, just.... No.

Brock and Cilan, I can see working out though, oddly. Considering the fact I despise Travel companion x Ash, Rival x Ash and Main female x Ash shippings, those two have a place in my heart which is amazing in it's self.

Especially with Paul, urgh. I don't understand the absolute obsession with Paul, as I can't picture him ever showing affection or ever not not being abusive towards Ash.

I can't change your opinion, however, I will counteract it with my claim that Paul isn't as abusive and nasty towards Ash at the end of the series...I think that his loss against him definitively knocked him down a peg. Not just because he was proven to be weaker or anything (because technically, I think they're still about the same strength, with Paul even having the upper hand). It was because Ash had proven to do something Paul couldn't - raise chimcar into a really powerful pokemon. I dunno, with that kind of respect Ash gained, I can't see how he can ever be as abusive towards him again, he would have no grounds to.

Plus, Ash isn't as much of a pushover in this pairing as others might think he is :p seme!ash4life

But, that's just my opinion XD I kinda had the same sentiments as you in early DP but *cough* i kinda like that sorta thing soooo XD

Brock and Cilan, I can see working out though, oddly. Considering the fact I despise Travel companion x Ash, Rival x Ash and Main female x Ash shippings, those two have a place in my heart which is amazing in it's self.
Cilan just made it too easy XDD

Especially with Paul, urgh. I don't understand the absolute obsession with Paul, as I can't picture him ever showing affection or ever not not being abusive towards Ash.

I can't change your opinion, however, I will counteract it with my claim that Paul isn't as abusive and nasty towards Ash at the end of the series...I think that his loss against him definitively knocked him down a peg. Not just because he was proven to be weaker or anything (because technically, I think they're still about the same strength, with Paul even having the upper hand). It was because Ash had proven to do something Paul couldn't - raise chimcar into a really powerful pokemon. I dunno, with that kind of respect Ash gained, I can't see how he can ever be as abusive towards him again, he would have no grounds to.

Plus, Ash isn't as much of a pushover in this pairing as others might think he is :p seme!ash4life

But, that's just my opinion XD I kinda had the same sentiments as you in early DP but *cough* i kinda like that sorta thing soooo XD

Cilan just made it too easy XDD

I think the reason is because of my RL experinces to be honest, which reflect my distain of Paul x Ash. Even though Paul did recieve good character development and became a better person, I find it very difficult to picture the two together. Urgh, I hate it when people protary Ash was a pushover in pairings, it pisses me off just as much as Alexandriashipping.

And yes, Cilan did make it easy *grins*

Though besides the regular: Gary, Cilan, Brock, Paul, rival etc.. pairings, what other guys could you see with Ash?

I think the reason is because of my RL experinces to be honest, which reflect my distain of Paul x Ash. Even though Paul did recieve good character development and became a better person, I find it very difficult to picture the two together. Urgh, I hate it when people protary Ash was a pushover in pairings, it pisses me off just as much as Alexandriashipping.

And yes, Cilan did make it easy *grins*

Though besides the regular: Gary, Cilan, Brock, Paul, rival etc.. pairings, what other guys could you see with Ash?
Yeah, I can see where that might come into play. It it just because of Paul's character type? (I won't try to pry too far, I'm just curious ^^; Some people prefer a less hostile relationship, and that's totally fine with me.) It's just a lot of fanfiction portray Ash as the weak little uke who's helpless without his strong seme counterpart, and that's what gets to me...Ash is pretty badass, he's faced down legendaries and life and death situations like it's no one's business XD

Lol, I made a little mini-list before, but other than the "norms" I think my favorite alternative Ash shipping is Ash x Himself (in Ashley form or in King of Pokelantis form). Admittedly, I'm more for shipping him with rivals, friendly or otherwise, haha XD

QUOTE]
Yeah, I can see where that might come into play. It it just because of Paul's character type? (I won't try to pry too far, I'm just curious ^^; Some people prefer a less hostile relationship, and that's totally fine with me.) It's just a lot of fanfiction portray Ash as the weak little uke who's helpless without his strong seme counterpart, and that's what gets to me...Ash is pretty badass, he's faced down legendaries and life and death situations like it's no one's business XD

Lol, I made a little mini-list before, but other than the "norms" I think my favorite alternative Ash shipping is Ash x Himself (in Ashley form or in King of Pokelantis form). Admittedly, I'm more for shipping him with rivals, friendly or otherwise, haha XD

I'm not exactly sure how to put into words to be honest, I find it rather difficult but Paul's character type is one of the reason yes. I don't think there's anything wrong with a hostile relationship, but it has to be done, shown and timed in a certain and manner for it to actual be possible and belivable.

The term 'uke' is an insult and makes me cringe and facepalm with disgust and irritation. It's an insult to gay relationships everywhere. And yes, Ash is badass :D

I prefer shipping Ash with Gym Leaders and Elite Fours, since there is SO much potential there that no one bothers to touch.

I'm not exactly sure how to put into words to be honest, I find it rather difficult but Paul's character type is one of the reason yes. I don't think there's anything wrong with a hostile relationship, but it has to be done, shown and timed in a certain and manner for it to actual be possible and belivable.
So in other words, you find it a bit unbelievable for it to have occurred in the time span given in the canon? If that's the case, I often think that their relationship will be more developed after they've become champions of their own regions and face each other during that awkward time in between XP Or if I'm totally just putting words into your mouth let me know, I'm genuinely interested! XD

I prefer shipping Ash with Gym Leaders and Elite Fours, since there is SO much potential there that no one bothers to touch.

Oh DAMN!! You're right, I completely forgot about them D: I only listed Giovanni, Brock and Cilan lol

Ash x Volker is pretty darn cute because of their similarities in childhood, I suppose. Both having raised a pikachu as their presumably first pokemon. And there's also a certain stark contrast in their current personalities now that make an interesting combination ;P

And then there's Lance...lol.

Eh, who am I kidding, it's not that easy for me XD Which pairings did you have in mind?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom