• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What guy do you want with Ash?

quote]
So in other words, you find it a bit unbelievable for it to have occurred in the time span given in the canon? If that's the case, I often think that their relationship will be more developed after they've become champions of their own regions and face each other during that awkward time in between XP Or if I'm totally just putting words into your mouth let me know, I'm genuinely interested! XD

Oh DAMN!! You're right, I completely forgot about them D: I only listed Giovanni, Brock and Cilan lol

Ash x Volker is pretty darn cute because of their similarities in childhood, I suppose. Both having raised a pikachu as their presumably first pokemon. And there's also a certain stark contrast in their current personalities now that make an interesting combination ;P

And then there's Lance...lol.

Eh, who am I kidding, it's not that easy for me XD Which pairings did you have in mind?

It's more than that. Love is a complicated thing, that we as humans, I don't believe can truly understand nor comprehend it. However, I believe a person's personality plays a key role in loving relationships.

Volkner is my number one pairing for Ash, similar childhoods does play a part in it. But in the later episodes, it felt that Volkner grew very fond of Ash, immensley quickly lol :D. Though his aloof attitude and calm nature would also contradice Ash's cheerful and rash nature.

Morty is my two number top. He seems the type that would listen to Ash and give good advice, plus having no problem with defending Ash or possing Ash's plans but doing it in a good manner opposed to how Misty and Iris did things. Not to mention he also has this calm prescence that I believe is something that Ash truly needs, along with someone to encourage him instead of insult and put down.

Also oddly Flint (Elite 4), Riley and Drake (Orange League) as well.

As for Lance, I can see him being Ash's dad. Especially with how he shows up in the Hoenn region RIGHT at the battle against Team Aqua and Team Magma. Plus I dislike the Silver and Giovanni theories lol :D.

It's more than that. Love is a complicated thing, that we as humans, I don't believe can truly understand nor comprehend it. However, I believe a person's personality plays a key role in loving relationships.
Aah, okay. I can't really relate though, since it's a foreign feeling for me :p Which is I guess why I'm more accepting to the unrealistic and the exaggerated ships, regardless of personalities.

Volkner is my number one pairing for Ash, similar childhoods does play a part in it. But in the later episodes, it felt that Volkner grew very fond of Ash, immensley quickly lol :D. Though his aloof attitude and calm nature would also contradice Ash's cheerful and rash nature.
Haha, I think he warmed up to him because he was similar to him XD But the aloof type does work well with Ash considering his ability to seemingly melt every heart he comes in contact with.

Morty is my two number top. He seems the type that would listen to Ash and give good advice, plus having no problem with defending Ash or possing Ash's plans but doing it in a good manner opposed to how Misty and Iris did things. Not to mention he also has this calm prescence that I believe is something that Ash truly needs, along with someone to encourage him instead of insult and put down.
Ah, sadly, I'm too attached to Eusine/Morty to separate them XD;; I think that's why Cafemochashipping is so popular...it has not only the nourishing atmosphere that you've described, but that atmosphere isn't from someone who's calm and subdued...it's from someone who's completely exuberant, rivaling Ash in terms of excitement towards his favorite hobbies XD

Also oddly Flint (Elite 4), Riley and Drake (Orange League) as well.

As for Lance, I can see him being Ash's dad. Especially with how he shows up in the Hoenn region RIGHT at the battle against Team Aqua and Team Magma. Plus I dislike the Silver and Giovanni theories lol :D.

No comment on the top three :p But...Yeah, I support the "Red is Ash's dad theory" but that's something that we can discuss on another board XD

Speaking of which...I don't think I listed any game or manga cross-shippings with Ash. Hm...probably because I can't think of any off the bat that might be interesting...

OH WAIT!!

Ash x N. OOOOmg...how could I forget!?!? Yes, I want this to happen in the anime so badly, the ferriswheel scene...with Ash...the awkwardness...the "I LOVEZ MAH POGEYMANZ" feelz that they'll share. It's just a beautiful yet kinda creepy concept <3

Urgh, I can't Euscine. He`s the pedo-stalker and absolute asshole both in game and anime, I`m surprised and even astonished sometimes at how Morty can even stand being around that guy for long periods of time. Especially without Euscine treats Morty, I find it difficult to like Euscine and that pairing due to that. But, that`s simply my opinion *shrugs*

Oh? there`s a board discussing that? awesome! :D

YESS OMG YES! ASH X N! YES! YES! YES! :D Or even better! Touya x Ash x N! *Grins*

because N isn't a creepy stalker at ALL is he? also it's spelled 'Eusine'.

I would also like to mess with the minds of all of you and throw in Ash/Red.

Interesting notion lol :D.

On a completely different note: I just thought up one: Norman x Ash. Yes, Norman x Ash you read it right.

Last edited:
I always thought that Ash's most interesting relationships and the ones that had the most shipping potential were with guys, though all of these guys are pretty different so I don't think Ash really has a type.

Gary was teasing him and kept getting under his skin and there was just so much chemistry. You could tell that Ash really wanted to prove himself in the eyes of Gary and it really mattered to him what Gary thought, and vice versa. Much more playful though similar than with Paul, except Paul was much more of a creeper in the bush and tried to hide his true feelings. Ash and Barry = hatesex after arguing about who Paul loves more, just saying... Dent wants to taste Ash... that is all. XD Ash just seems to be more interested in guys.

Though I'm gonna lynched by @CommanderPigg (No longer on the 3rd page!), I actually liked the dynamics between Gary and Ash the best when they interacted with one another, though Ash/Paul was really good too. :3

Definitely Gary and Gary all the way - I've been a Palletshipper for years and years... even though I do like a few other ships like Ash X Cilan and Ash X Paul, I really can't think of anyone else to be ultimately paired with in the end. Gary was the one who motivated Ash. They were next-door neighbors, they were probably friends longer than their memories could serve them, and they kept their share of the half pokeball.

I've seen a number of Gary X Ash X Paul love triangle fan-fics and it made me absolutely lol over it XDD

I am amusing myself with the thought of Harley/Ash. |> Go ahead, think about that for a second.

I usually ship Ash/Misty... But I think it'd be very cool to see Ash/Tracey. Or Ash/Brock- I mean, they travelled together for how long?

I am amusing myself with the thought of Harley/Ash. |> Go ahead, think about that for a second.

I always liked the idea of Harley/Max, mainly because of that one scene in his first episode where he buys Max an ice cream sundae. Sadly I don't think Harley ever really interacted with Ash or Brock at all.

@Linkitornot I'm glad to see that I'm not that only one that prefers to pair Ash with older guys. Though, I prefer pairing him with lesser known guys. As much as I like Brock and Tracey I don't feel like they'd make good boyfriends for Ash. But that's just me.

What do you guys think of Todd with Ash? I mean, Todd did save his life by risking his camera for him. That's a lot more than a lot of the other males in the series have done for him. ^^;

Gary Oak! I'm a major Palletshipper, so of course its only logical :)

I can somewhat see maybe Brock or Drew...but Gary for sure! Childhood best friends/rivals/friends again...the chemistry is there, the hints are there. The blushing, flirting, winking, saving the other from danger, always being there for the other, always encountering eachother on their journeys...you know it's meant to be! It's really obvious Gary likes Ash, he even has his own nickname,"Ashy boy", for him...which is very cute.

Even after all of the people Ash has met on his journey, it is Gary he is always thinking about. It is obvious how deeply Ash cares about him...they both still have their half of the Pokeball that they caught as children...if they did not care about eachother, then they wouldn't have held onto it for this long. The English dub tries to play it off as just a very good friendship but there some things that even the dub could not hide. In Japan, Palletshipping, or ShiShi...is VERY popular! I just hope that the fan base for it returns to its former glory, because this is one of, if not the best yaoi ship in Pokemon! :)

Yeah Paul is a good choice. But I see someone with other traits as well.

-He can be about the same age.
-A spikey hair style.
-Grey hair. Carries a black colored police style cap when only battling.
-He wouldn't be cruel to Pokemon. He would have a tough training style with them.
-He would like to raise mostly dark or dark and ghost pokemon but he would be flexible with other variety of Pokemon too.
-He would have a mom wo would be a ghsot gymleader, a dad who's a traveler, an older teenage cousin who's wants to be a Pokefuneral director and his aunt could be Karen fro mthe Elite Four. Nice family tree!
-He could be someone who's a bit of a loner but he's strategical in battle.
-Someone that would give Ash the reason to contridict his methods just because he thinks dark Pokemon have no souls or something along that line.

@Linkitornot I'm glad to see that I'm not that only one that prefers to pair Ash with older guys. Though, I prefer pairing him with lesser known guys. As much as I like Brock and Tracey I don't feel like they'd make good boyfriends for Ash. But that's just me.

It would be complementary. Ah, I understand; what older guys do you prefer to pair him with, if you don't mind me asking?

I understand *grins*

For Ash: I have to say Morty is definitely one of them, followed by Norman which I can oddly see him and Ash working despite the age difference (I firmly believe Ash is at least 17, nothing will convience me otherwise), Lance, Flint from the Sinnoh Elite, Drake from the Orange League and Jackie Walker from the Pokemon Movies.

-A spikey hair style.
-He wouldn't be cruel to Pokemon. He would have a tough training style with them.
-He would like to raise mostly dark or dark and ghost pokemon but he would be flexible with other variety of Pokemon too.
-He would have a mom wo would be a ghsot gymleader, a dad who's a traveler, an older teenage cousin who's wants to be a Pokefuneral director and his aunt could be Karen fro mthe Elite Four. Nice family tree!
-Someone that would give Ash the reason to contridict his methods just because he thinks dark Pokemon have no souls or something along that line.

errr.....no offense that kinda sounds like a Gary-Stu.

-A spikey hair style.

errr.....no offense that kinda sounds like a Gary-Stu.

Not really. He wouldn't be at Paul's level bit a slight under it. He would be a challenge but he would also face some challenges himself against Ash too for a change. I believe balance works too.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom