• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What guy do you want with Ash?

Ahhh okay, I apologize.

Though I have to ask, am I the only one that doesn't like Cilan x Ash or any of the Trio with him?

Dento would be good with Ash, but my heart belongs to Palletshipping everything about that ship is so classic and I think it's been an inspiration to slash shippers out there. I don't think any Ash slash pairings will have the legacy of Palletshipping.

I think the reason I don't like it is because I prefer Cilan with Bugundy or Langley for some odd and strange reason *shrugs* Though, I have no love for Palletshipping. At all. That, and I find it really difficult to picture Gary being interested in guys let alone Ash. But that's just me *shrugs*

Oddly enough, I've developed a crack! Shipping..at least I think it's crack, Norman x Ash....

Finally, political correctness! Although this does exclude the Pokémon.

Ahem. I wish to propose the no-doubt incredibly popular pairing of Ash and Brock. Or Ash and N. Or Ash and Cilan.

Preferably yes, human males only. Errr....should I have made that a bit clearer perhaps?

I've already made my opinions of BrockxAsh and CilanxAsh known. But N x Ash...I think that would a very interesting pairing over all, and rather humours to watch. I don't know why, but I feel that pairing would bring tons of laughter and epic fails to follow.

@djulienr; ChilixAsh? Never heard of that pairing before, but I'm definitely glad to see another person that likes Volkner with Ash :D.

Gary. Or -sigh- Cilan. I think Cilan totally has something for Ash, so I guess why not...? And palletshipping has been a ship that I have supported for years(I think from the middle of my high school years).

Gary!! They started with so much hilarious tension and now have respect for each other, its love and Ash just doesn't know it! :p

There's no love for Trip and Ash is there? I want some alone time with the two to see how they both will get on each other's nerves.;-)

Last edited:
Im starting to like MalevolentShipping(AshxKing of Pokelantis) more and more o_O
Although they never really interacted, It wouldve been super awesome if the king had visited Ash in the weird mental state. It wouldve been interesting how they wouldve interacted. Although I bet it would be violent and awesome. Ash getting all pissed at the king and the king using his badass dark powers on Ash or something...I think I'm getting off topic here.

Well I never really thought too much about the perfect guy for Ash, as I doubt a king that's been dead for hundreds of years that treated Ash's Pokemon like slaves and held Ash's soul hostage would work out well. I might just have to say PalletShipping for now.

Gary is Ash's soulmate. But also Kenyan. And I know OP said human males, but I totally ship Ash with Lucario from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

I like Ash with Gary - mostly because I prefer Red with Green in Special - and I do agree that's the classic, but for the anime I also like Ash with Ritchie.

The male I want with ash are?
Gary,Paul,Trip, Barry, Riley, Lance, Morty, Volkner, N, Jack walker, kellyn, Falkner, Flint (Sinnoh), Reggie, Steven Stone, Tracey, I think Will (elite four) and Sir Aaron.
Out of all of them them see the most like to be with ash. Plus I think Riley x ash, Sir Aaron x ash and Seven Stone x ash
will look cute. I always want to see how Will (elite four) x ash looks like.

Last edited:
I guess I'd want Gary to be with Ash. And if not him, than maybe Paul to some extent.
Even Brock, Tracey, Cilan, Drake, Lance and Ritchie have some qualities which could make them good options for Ash.
But overall, I think that Gary is the best guy for him.:-D

If the series had ended after the battle with Latios: Paul is the best match for Ash. They had tons of sexual tension.

If you consider it to still be going: Brock is the best match for him. Nobody else has that kind of history with Ash. Literally years, even if you assume each episode is one day.

This is all IMO of course, but it seems to me that in this sub-forum you just write these things as if they were fact :)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom