• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What Happen to the GS ball?

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
Holding back does seem like a good idea. The GS Ball is generally linked to Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi anyway.

前向き!
Reaction score
Nomekop Oen said:
2.Ho-oh

The last time we saw the G/S Ball was in Johto.So for the time being,it's something that's connected to the Johto region.Ho-oh is also connected to the Johto region and was one of the new legendaries from the Gold and Silver series.Both are closely tied to Johto,but the difference is that we suspect Ho-oh's official appearance is being purposely put off since we believe it might have an important role in the future.So instead of being forgotten,it's possible that they're holding back on the G/S Ball too.Sort of a stretch,but meh.
Wasn't there an episode that dealt with Ho-oh after the GS ball had been given to... whoever it was supposed to be given to? "For Ho-oh the Bell Tolls". It was the story about how Ho-oh came to nest in the tower and was like a phoenix... I'm unsure as to if they actually showed the bird in the episode, though.

Reaction score
That's not an actual apperance, though. It just adds to Ho-oh's importance.

Om! Nom! Nom!
Reaction score
Hear-Hear!

Jo-Jo said:
Actually, Delia said in Pokemon Live that she had dated Gio for a while before meeting Ash's father.

And I maintain that a single, solitary mention right back at the beginning of the series does not equate to a dangling plot thread. They can pull a Star Wars revelation on us if they want to, but currently there is no set up for any such thing in the anime. It's unfair to criticise the writers for not tackling something that they never gave us any reason to believe they would tackle in the first place.
Hear-Hear! If Mr. Ketchum had been mentioned throughout the series, I would expect a late-entrance from him. However, he has only ever been mentioned im passim.

MistyIRC said:
The only thing that will bring the GS Ball back is a return to Johto a la the Battle Frontier.
Umm, battle frontier is in Hoenn, not Johto.

Last edited:
Reaction score
raekuul said:
Umm, battle frontier is in Hoenn, not Johto.
Um, the battle frontier is in Kanto, not Hoenn.

Not to mention there isn't even a Frontier in the show. The writers completely changed it by making seperate Battle facilities in various Kanto cities, as well as destroying the aspect of what the Frontier was suppossed to be about.

The Frontier Brains seem like GYM leaders, and sadly, that's what the writers turned them into. Ash even does the badge pose thing with the frontier symbols.

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have realized what I said makes no sense if you don't know that the anime Frontier is in Kanto... My bad.

Reaction score
Well Ash would do the Badge Pose thing.

But Ash is currently back in Kanto in Japan, and he could return to Johto in the future. Or maybe another Pokéball expert will have it. If there is one in D/P. it may be something to watch out for.

Hi
Reaction score
A hypothetical plot:
Maybe Ash would be forced to go back to Johto so he can retrieve the GS ball back from Kurt. Kurt may feel his resources are 'insufficient' and need to have special high-end equipment. Ash may have to trek all the way back to Hoenn towards Rustboro city where the regional pokéball manufacturer is none other than Devon Corp. From there I don't know...

Reaction score
I'm glad they didn't do that to get Ash to Hoenn for AG!

But no trekking. At the point this would be at, Ash should be able to get there quicker. Preferably on Pidgeot, but other uses would work too.

Besides, there are also experts in Saffron City. (That's where the Master Ball was made.) But there would have to be something 'discovered' that explains whatever its secret is.

Well with the amount of time Ash sends rubbing that ball, there certainly isn't a genie in there!

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
Pokemopolis has an excellent theory about the GS Ball. They postulate that it stands for the Gratuitous Sex Ball, and that it was merely a ploy to get Ash away from Pallet Town so the professor could get some more lovin' from his mom. Pokemopolis rocks.

Reaction score
Until such a time as the anime proves otherwise, that could very well be right!